Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Continues Apple-Bashing Campaign with "Wall-Hugger" Ads at Airports

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Samsung Continues Apple-Bashing Campaign with "Wall-Hugger" Ads at Airports

Samsung recently took their “wall hugger” message to popular airports in their ongoing Apple-bashing ad campaign. The South Korean tech giant reportedly bought ad space around power outlets where they claim Samsung users can charge their devices and “have the power to be anywhere but here.”

For those of you who didn’t already know, Samsung previously launched a TV ad blitz talking about “wall huggers,” where they claimed iPhone users are in constant need of power outlets because their batteries keep dying. According to the folks over at CNET, the company appears to be expanding the initiative beyond the small screen to actual ad space near power outlets in airports, where many portable device users charge their devices before hopping onto their flights.

The picture highlights the ad where Samsung boasts about the Galaxy S5’s “Ultra Power Saving Mode,” which adjusts screen brightness to a minimum, sets everything grayscale, turns off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, restricts the number of in-use apps and switches off cellular data when the screen is locked. The feature actually has a few more setting tweaks that are put into place when activated.

The iPhone isn’t mentioned in their ad but for anyone who knows Samsung’s rivalry, you’ll know the reference is there. Samsung continues to pour a large amount of money on advertising in a campaign to talk itself up and talk down its competitors, mainly Apple. As of right now, CNET claims Samsung is planning to widen its campaign to the John F. Kennedy airport in New York, Chicago’s O’Hare and Midway airports among several others.

How do you feel about Samsung’s recent ad?

Source: CNET

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

This crosses the line, I guess.

I find the ad hilarious because when I fly most of the time I see android users at the power stations.

Lot of butt hurt around here off the bat.

Fact: Most newer Android models have batteries that last longer than the iPhone. Proven fact. Newer Android devices last significantly longer in all tests than the iPhone in all tests/reviews. See AnandTech, one of the more reputable sites out there http://www.anandtech.com/show/7903/s...y-s-5-review/5 The GS5 charges fast and blows the iPhone out lasting 2 hours longer in browsing tests.

Before the bias attacks, I owned a 3GS, 4, and 5 before the GS5 and this device is the first that can make it through the full day with plenty left over; without any power saving mode. The iphones had to be charged by 6/7pm; sometimes earlier.

Ironic is that all of the real life photos of these outlets on the web are 99% apple white brick chargers. Must be some truth to the ad apparently.
    Last edited by stulaw11; 2014-08-14 at 06:19 AM.

iPhones need to be charged more because people actually enjoy using the iPhone. Where Samsung users just leave it in their pocket mostly.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

ChicagoV (2014-08-15), Donnutt (2014-08-15), Inked_xx (2014-08-17), nfsonofgod (2014-08-14), oldskoolsk8r (2014-08-15), Silverado1987 (2014-08-14), SpottedBilagaana (2014-08-14)

Quote Originally Posted by stulaw11 View Post
    Lot of butt hurt around here off the bat.

Fact: Most newer Android models have batteries that last longer than the iPhone. Proven fact. Newer Android devices last significantly longer in all tests than the iPhone in all tests/reviews. See AnandTech, one of the more reputable sites out there AnandTech | Samsung Galaxy S 5 Review The GS5 charges fast and blows the iPhone out lasting 2 hours longer in browsing tests.

Before the bias attacks, I owned a 3GS, 4, and 5 before the GS5 and this device is the first that can make it through the full day with plenty left over; without any power saving mode. The iphones had to be charged by 6/7pm; sometimes earlier.

Ironic is that all of the real life photos of these outlets on the web are 99% apple white brick chargers. Must be some truth to the ad apparently.
    Lol.

Lmao.

Lmfao.

Rofl.

Calling something a fact doesn't magically make it a fact. Just FYI.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Christophxr For This Useful Post:

Inked_xx (2014-08-17)

Before the bias attacks, I owned a 3GS, 4, and 5 before the GS5
    pity you're not able to make a comparison with phones that are of the same generation. I've found my current iPhone 5S to be comparable to the GS5 I recently sold. neither seemed to last longer or charge faster than the other in my personal experience.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to slickric For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (2014-08-15)

Apple advertisements show the features and every day uses for their device.

Samsung advertisements just bash on Apple products.

Learn something Samsung: Insulting the people you're trying to win over as customers isn't the greatest marketing move.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nudge2232 For This Useful Post:

Inked_xx (2014-08-17), Silverado1987 (2014-08-14), SpottedBilagaana (2014-08-14)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

I mean.....my iPhone 5 battery isn't the greatest. But my Galaxy tab 3 is WAY WORSE. It's no wonder the carriers can't even GIVE IT AWAY and we're constantly seeing tab 3s for sale on various discount outlets (like groupon). Now honestly I can't speak much for the galaxy phones because I've never used them but even with it's flaws, I really prefer the iOS ecosystem to android.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

All my buddies have Android phones and guess what I see every time I them in the shop or cars? Their phones are plugged in! But also like what King said? When were out an about having a beer and food? I'm on my iPhone and their phones are either sitting on the table or in their pockets LOL

That's BS ! My iPhone battery will last a day and a half if I don't use it heavily !

I've had a galaxy s4 and the battery life was absolutely awful ! I ended up giving it away to my mother and got me an iPhone 5 should have known better! Plus the android is so ugly I was very disappointed.
    Last edited by jamie71; 2014-08-14 at 09:27 AM.

Sam Suk you will always be second rate so bash all you want .

obviously compared with the New Samsung devices, the iPhone battery (and more things) sucks!! BUT no need to make this ****...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

*bashes apple**makes phone look identical to iphone*

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TDH Advocate For This Useful Post:

HummusGod (2014-08-17), Silverado1987 (2014-08-14)

Jealousy and insecurity, if they had a solid product, they wouldn't have to badmouth Apple. The features that they brag about have been in the jailbreak community for a long time.
    Samsung copies Apple and everything Apple talks about, Samsung rushes to copy. Samsung added a big screen to "their" version of iPhone. Big deal, it's funny they still are losing shares. Sorry, Samson lacks character in my opinion.

Can someone please point out where in that ad Apple (or anyone else) is actually being "bashed" ? All I see 1) is a general claim that their battery is superior, which is little different than any other company pushing their product as being above the rest, and 2) people jumping onto Samsung for reasons that belong in other threads and trying hard to see something that isn't there in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by uri8472 View Post
    Can someone please point out where in that ad Apple (or anyone else) is actually being "bashed" ? All I see 1) is a general claim that their battery is superior, which is little different than any other company pushing their product as being above the rest, and 2) people jumping onto Samsung for reasons that belong in other threads and trying hard to see something that isn't there in this case.
    Hmm let me see! She's holding an iPhone in the photo using the standard apple charger.

That's because 99% of people own an iPhone and not a Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Brewko View Post
    Hmm let me see! She's holding an iPhone in the photo using the standard apple charger.
    Hmm, let me see! The image in the article isn't the ad, but just a photograph someone (maybe the article author or someone else) took of someone charging their phone in an airport. The ad in question is on the wall/column itself beside the outlet, and nowhere does it directly bash anyone.

I thought a CEO of a company would honestly be more professional than this. It's good marketing don't get me wrong. Not to mention I just got home from work and it's been 12 hours and I'm a moderate user and I have 60% left on my iPhone. I just idk I don't understand. Just the sheer immaturity is ridiculous but oh well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast