Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Begins Suggesting Beats Music Under the App Store's 'Apple Apps' Prompt

Default Apple Begins Suggesting Beats Music Under the App Store's 'Apple Apps' Prompt

Apple just recently acquired Beats Electronics, and certainly has been making the push to welcome the new assets to the Cupertino-based company.

One of the most recent notable changes dealing with the Beats sector has to do with the fact that Apple's iOS App Store now displays the option to download the free Beats Music application under the Apple Apps prompt (shown above) that appears on the screen of every iOS 7 device that opens the App Store for the first time – such as on a new iOS 7 device, or a device that has been restored to factory settings and set up as a new device.

As first spotted by 9to5Mac Tuesday morning, the Beats Music application is now offered alongside Apple's Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, iBooks, iTunes U, Podcasts, Find My Friends, and Find My iPhone applications. It comes along with Apple's application description, which says, "listen to music that’s always right for you."

At the time of the users being prompted with this pop-up, they can choose to ignore the pop-up with a "Not Now" button, or choose to download all of Apple's free application recommendations via the "Download All" button in the prompt.

Beats Music highly-rated, subscription-based Music-streaming application that gives users access to more than 20 million songs. Both online and offline listening modes are available to the user, just like competing music-streaming services like Spotify and many others.

Sources: 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-08-12 at 05:28 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Beats is a trash company. If they get a stock application or begin to be the headphones I'll be extremely upset. I can at least deal with the headphones but that stupid a** company. If it becomes a stock app though I will be done with apple. We have enough useless apps already. Adding a useless company to the list will just make it worse.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    Beats is a trash company. If they get a stock application or begin to be the headphones I'll be extremely upset. I can at least deal with the headphones but that stupid a** company. If it becomes a stock app though I will be done with apple. We have enough useless apps already. Adding a useless company to the list will just make it worse.
    Why is it a big deal? Apple will never remove the default music app, so just put Beats in a folder somewhere. And trust me, going to Android will NOT cause you to have less crap apps built in that you can't get rid of.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

I doubt Apple would ever install the beats app by default. Makes sense to promote it with their other recommended apps from the app store though like iBooks. If they don't force you to install iBooks they aren't going to force you to install Beats.