Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Photos of an Assembled iPhone 6 Display Surface in the Far East

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Photos of an Assembled iPhone 6 Display Surface in the Far East

A recent set of photos from the Far East reportedly give an up-close view of an assembled 4.7-inch display bound for Apple’s iPhone 6. The picture is complete with cover glass, mounting structures and flex cables as well. The images from Apple.club.tw are supposedly production versions of both black and white iPhone 6 options, which is a color scheme that is similar to Apple’s current iPhone 5S offerings. These recent photos are the first to show a complete screen unit containing both cover glass and a display.

What makes the pictures a bit more believable is the fact that they display features consistent with current rumors. The display features trimmed-down side bezels to help accommodate the larger 4.7-inch LCD, while the top and bottom areas are also slightly modified to complement the screen-size as well. With the rear part of the supposed iPhone, the part appears to have a complete display package with backlight installed as seen by the protective film covering most of the panel. What appears to be missing in the pictures is the electromagnetic shielding. It’s likely that the metal plate will be added at a later stage of production but it could also be that Apple has redesigned the internal design and attached the component with the rear chassis (a lot less likely).

Furthermore, a pair of flex cables are seen sticking out from the top of the display section, a design that is consistent with both current and past iPhone models. The connectors themselves are noticeably different from the iPhone 5S, which is smaller and farther away from the display body.

The Cupertino California company is set to debut the next-flagship iPhone this Fall. It’s likely that the handset will be unveiled at a special media event on September 9. We’ll have to wait and see what turns out to be true and what doesn’t.

Source: Apple.club.tw via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My bad. Never mind
    Last edited by Ambi_Valence; 2014-08-11 at 08:34 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    Is that supposed to be an assembled unit?
    LOL...riiiiiight!

In think either Apple should keep the connectors inside the phone and change the purple back which is ugly as well. Or a simpler option would be to re title this article.

"Photos of an Assembled iPhone 6 Display Surface in the Far East"

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

READ!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teban View Post
    In think either Apple should keep the connectors inside the phone and change the purple back which is ugly as well. Or a simpler option would be to re title this article.
    NO COMMENT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opion View Post
    Thank You!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (2014-08-11)

Quote Originally Posted by opion View Post
    Twitter link says nothing of JUST being a display assembly. It's says, "Photos of an Assembled iPhone 6 Surface in the Far East"... Just a ploy to get us to click and then provide the correct title...

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

The title did actually read "Photos of an Assembled iPhone 6 Surface in the Far East" at first. "Display" was left out by accident and added after, twitter link wasn't updated though. Sorry about that

Default It's fake
    This is an iPhone 5 screen assembly lmao you people are so gullible
    https://twitter.com/efrainakaeze/sta...07307125002240
    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    READ!!!!!

NO COMMENT!!!

Thank You!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elboricuaefrain View Post
    This is an iPhone 5 screen assembly lmao you people are so gullible
    https://twitter.com/efrainakaeze/sta...07307125002240
    They do look identical to iPhone 5 screens in the pictures. Seems unlikely they would look exactly the same as i5 screens given the 5c and 5s screens did change slightly, but noticeably, form each other.

Default Funny
    It wouldn't make me make a new comment so I just replied to yours. Just a FYI so you don't think I'm specifically targeting you. But yes this whole post is a fake

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    They do look identical to iPhone 5 screens in the pictures. Seems unlikely they would look exactly the same as i5 screens given the 5c and 5s screens did change slightly, but noticeably, form each other.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elboricuaefrain View Post
    It wouldn't make me make a new comment so I just replied to your. Just a FYI so you don't think I'm specifically targeting you. But yes this whole post is a fake
    No problem with me. I don't write the articles here

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

lol

Umm, that IS an iPhone 5S screen, I've repaired a lot of iPhones and that is an iphone 5S display.

Thanks

Yes the purple backing is ugly. I wish someone would just tear it off... Oh wait
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Default Photos of an Assembled iPhone 6 Display Surface in the Far East
    Quote Originally Posted by Teban View Post
    The purple "back" is just a protective cover for the back light. It's taken off once assembled.

-------------------------------------------

This looks like an iPhone 5 screen 😂I repair phones and this has the same frame and connectors. Don't believe everything you see on the internet
    Last edited by blanco10kid; 2014-08-12 at 08:30 AM.

I was hoping to get a newer look. Less bezel, more screen that kind of stuff. Because if there is not a side by side comparison it looks like the ip5

Quote Originally Posted by blanco10kid View Post
    The purple "back" is just a protective cover for the back light. It's taken off once assembled.

-------------------------------------------

This looks like an iPhone 5 screen 😂I repair phones and this has the same frame and connectors. Don't believe everything you see on the internet
    Lol

EDIT: totaly misunderstood the photo I was looking at.

Anyway, if this is how they are craming a larger screen into hopefully dimensions very close ot the current phone, I could potentially be on board with it. My only issue will be that even now I can barely operte my 5S completely one-handed to the far edge of the screen, and I have big extra large glove-wearing hands. With a screen this big it would make it more difficult to handle one-handed.

Also i'm betting the current resolution with just be put on a bigger screen with les pixel density, which means no screen improvement for the bigger size, just blown up a bit.

If that's the case, I'm happy with the 4" screen.
    Last edited by fleurya; 2014-08-12 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    EDIT: totaly misunderstood the photo I was looking at.

Anyway, if this is how they are craming a larger screen into hopefully dimensions very close ot the current phone, I could potentially be on board with it. My only issue will be that even now I can barely operte my 5S completely one-handed to the far edge of the screen, and I have big extra large glove-wearing hands. With a screen this big it would make it more difficult to handle one-handed.

Also i'm betting the current resolution with just be put on a bigger screen with les pixel density, which means no screen improvement for the bigger size, just blown up a bit.

If that's the case, I'm happy with the 4" screen.
    I'd say there is a very good chance a higher resolution will come with the larger screen.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-08-12)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I'd say there is a very good chance a higher resolution will come with the larger screen.
    I agree! I don't see Apple releasing a phone with bigger screen to just say? Here it is, but not do anything with the resolution smh that's not like Apple! Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast