Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Don't Want Facebook Messenger to Message on Facebook? Try 'FBNoNeedMessenger'

Default Don't Want Facebook Messenger to Message on Facebook? Try 'FBNoNeedMessenger'

Facebook is now forcing those that use their application to use the standalone Facebook Messenger application if they wish to proceed messaging their Facebook friends. Upon trying to use the Messenger tab in the Facebook application, the application will warn users that they need to download the Facebook Messenger application from the iOS App Store for free.

If you would rather not use the Facebook Messenger application, then you can try a new free jailbreak tweak called FBNoNeedMessenger by iOS developer Hiraku.

This jailbreak tweak removes the requirement to install Facebook Messenger on your iOS device to message your Facebook friends. That way, you can continue to message your friends from the latest version of the Facebook application.

If you would like to give FBNoNeedMessenger a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. There are no options to configure. iOS 7 and the latest version of the Facebook application for iOS are required for this tweak to function properly.

Name: FBNoNeedMessenger
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2, Facebook
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Hiraku
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Which FB versions does this run with?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor2213 View Post
    Which FB versions does this run with?
    The latest.

I'm intentionally one version behind. I may not need it then. My messaging still works ...for now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Raptor2213 For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (2014-08-09)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm intentionally one version behind. I may not need it then. My messaging still works ...for now.
    Didn't work for me. It showed the "install" or "learn more" instead of auto opening messenger. Even after it was deleted it did nothing.

Its possible it will work once someone messages me on FB with it installed.

Thank you Hiraku! I knew the jailbreak community would come thru! I was actually just thinking about this last night, saying to myself, someone will make a tweak to enable messages again on FB sooner or later!

Just installed it and it worked immediately for me!

Thanks

same

Looks like it broke today. Started getting messages that there's a connection problem to Facebook, but only when trying to use messages.

Edit: Started working again, must have just been an actual outage.
    Last edited by Raptor2213; 2014-08-23 at 12:54 AM.