Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Solve Camera: An App Store App By a Jailbreak Developer for Taking Pictures Discreetly

Default Solve Camera: An App Store App By a Jailbreak Developer for Taking Pictures Discreetly

Sometimes when you want to take a photograph, you have so many people around you and might feel shy at raising your camera to take one.

A popular jailbreak developer named Raviraj Minawala (ravirajm) has released a new application in the iOS App Store called Solve Camera, which allows you to take a photograph without being noticed by everyone around you.

The application's interface looks how it does in the screenshots above. Rather than a camera interface, this tweak makes it look like you're just reading a Web page or an e-Book. You will find two buttons in the interface – one says "Solve" and the other says "selfie."

The selfie button allows you to switch between the front-facing camera and the rear-facing camera, and the Solve button allows you to snap a photograph. When you have selfie mode enabled, the button glows yellow, but when it's disabled, the button is dimmed out. When you snap a photograph, text appears at the bottom of the application that says, "Saved to Camera Roll" and then it quickly disappears.

Note: the shutter sound will still be heard unless you switch your device to silent mode.

You can check out our video demonstration on this application below:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hWm1fQ5koVw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Raviraj Minawala has created many popular jailbreak tweaks in his time as an iOS developer. Some of his popular works include:

Be sure to not only check out his FREE Solve Camera application on the App Store, but also his contributions to the Cydia Store!

Solve Camera can be downloaded for free from this App Store link.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-08-06 at 02:58 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

wow

How does this accomplish anything...it's not usually whats on the screen that would give someone away, its the fact that for most pictures someone would be taking, even pervy ones, you have to hold the phone in such a way that its inconceivable for someone to believe you're doing anything other than taking a picture of them.

"Let me just hold my phone in the most awkwardly unrealistic way ever in order to read this page of rather large legible text, im totally not doing anything but trying to read this text"...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to qumahlin For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-08-06)

Quote Originally Posted by qumahlin View Post
    How does this accomplish anything...it's not usually whats on the screen that would give someone away, its the fact that for most pictures someone would be taking, even pervy ones, you have to hold the phone in such a way that its inconceivable for someone to believe you're doing anything other than taking a picture of them.

"Let me just hold my phone in the most awkwardly unrealistic way ever in order to read this page of rather large legible text, im totally not doing anything but trying to read this text"...
    Exactly what I'm thinking...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

Lmao exactly...this was terribly executed haha

Sent from my iPhone ❗️❕MAGNUM❕❗️

I could see this being useful to someone for selfies but not for back camera.

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    I could see this being useful to someone for selfies but not for back camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Lmao exactly...this was terribly executed haha

Sent from my iPhone ❗️❕MAGNUM❕❗️

Well, then why don't you make yourself an app that accomplishes that?
    Last edited by rvirajm; 2014-08-07 at 10:42 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rvirajm For This Useful Post:

bonum83 (2014-08-07)

Quote Originally Posted by rvirajm View Post
    Well, then why don't you make yourself an app that accomplishes that?
    Thank you... Some ppl complain about everything no matter what....