Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Breaking News: Apple to Hold September 9th Media Event to Unveil iPhone 6

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Breaking News: Apple to Hold September 9th Media Event to Unveil iPhone 6

CNBC is reporting via Re/Code that Apple will unveil it's next generation flagship iPhone -- iPhone 6 -- at a media event the company has already scheduled for September 9th.

We must note, however, that to the best of our knowledge Apple has not yet begun distributing invitations to any sort of media event, nor has the company formally confirmed plans for an early September event.

For months, we've heard chatter that Apple would hold a mid-September event to unveil the iPhone 6 with a product rollout to take place either 2 or 4 weeks later. Today is the first time we've heard serious talk of a September 9th event.

"As with September events past, the focal point of this one is to be Apple's next-generation iPhones, which are expected to feature larger displays of 4.7 and 5.5 inches and run speedy new A8 processors," John Paczkowski's column is excerpted by CNBC.

For now, most signs point to Apple using the early September event to focus almost exclusively on the new iPhone 6, with subsequent events planned to unveil next generation iPads and other new category Apple products.

Source: CNBC

iPhone? More like MyPhone crouching's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG this just brightened my day

i really don't know what is people expecting to see. 2 larger phones with iOS 8 and the same lack of features...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-08-06)

Quote Originally Posted by Schnedi View Post
    i really don't know what is people expecting to see. 2 larger phones with iOS 8 and the same lack of features...
    pretty much lacking the battery upgrade still 2500mAH I'll pass this year.

Saving starts now ..........

iPhone5 user

SWEET best news I have herd all day.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tridley68 For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (2014-08-06)

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bisayakid07 View Post
    Saving starts now ..........
    iPhone5 user
    Or last year. I understand that Apple is not going to LOWER prices, but couldn't they offer more storage for the SAME price?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to buggsy2 For This Useful Post:

Chula (2014-08-19)

All I want is a bigger screen and I'll be happy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Or last year. I understand that Apple is not going to LOWER prices, but couldn't they offer more storage for the SAME price?
    +1

Sent from my toilet using iPhone

Default Breaking News: Apple to Hold September 9th Media Event to Unveil iPhone 6
    Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    More storage would be a no brainer to me, it is far overdue with the higher res pictures and app sizes.
    I think they will start 32, 64, 128gb this year.

I would be disappointed if they didn't.

The sooner they get done announcing their new phone, the happier I'll be. Not that I plan on getting one. I want to get a 5S at a reduced price. Frankly, my 4S has as big a screen as I need or want. This may be my last chance to get a phone I can so easily hold in one hand.

I've read rumors about Apple coming out with a smaller phone in the future, but that's not something I can count on. What I'd really like is a phone the size of my 4S with a lot more battery capacity.

While I realize I'm clearly in the minority, I'm also in the minority because I jailbreak my phone. If getting another iPhone of any sort meant giving up my jailbreak apps, you'd have to pry my antiquated old 4S out of my cold dead hand. hahahahahahaha!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

You're not in this minority. I'm happy with a one handed phone too!