Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable SnapChatting Photos From Your Photo Library With 'SnapSelect'

Default Enable SnapChatting Photos From Your Photo Library With 'SnapSelect'

Under normal circumstances in the popular SnapChat photo-sharing application for iOS, you can only take new pictures with the camera when you want to send somebody something. You're unable to send photos from your Photo Library in iOS.

Here to fix this problem is a new free jailbreak tweak called SnapSelect by iOS developer Ben Gerard. With SnapSelect installed, you will be able to send photos from your Photo Library, in addition to photos that you take from within the SnapChat application itself.

With the tweak installed, you will notice a new button at the bottom left of the application with a butterfly on it, as shown above. Tapping on it brings up your Photo Library so that you can pick a picture that you've already taken, or that you've found on the Internet rather than having to take a new picture through the SnapChat application. The same SnapChat rules apply.

It's worth mentioning that SnapSelect is an open source jailbreak tweak and the source code can be viewed on GitHub at this link.

SnapSelect doesn't have an options to configure if you would like to give it a shot, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The SnapChat application, which is available in the App Store for free, is required for installing this jailbreak tweak and using it.

Name: SnapSelect
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2, SnapChat
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ben Gerard
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Thanks

I might try this but phantom is better as it lets save pics without the other person knowing, also lets us choose from camera roll... Plus it is also free

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

yeah, phantom can also let you select videos from your camera roll, and it also has extra effects, adjustments, stickers, and a bunch of other extra features that I haven't explored yet on top of being able to save pics/videos without letting the other person know. Plus it's also free.

Thanks

Yea its in snapchat settings at the bottom (phantom settings) but you only need to change the save to: option as it automatically hides the saved notification to others hence the name phantom

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi