Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Change the Tint Color of User Interface Text and Icons in iOS 7 With 'Chroma'

Default Change the Tint Color of User Interface Text in iOS 7 With 'Chroma'

All parts of iOS 7 have a color scheme to them. You might not have noticed because it's usually always the same blue color, but now, there's a way to change it to any color that you might like.

If you would like to be able to control the color of the text and icons that comes up in many of the user interfaces in iOS 7, then you'll want to check out a new free jailbreak tweak called Chroma by iOS developer Charlie Hewitt. As shown above, the tweak lets you adjust the tint everywhere system-wide to any color that you would like.

It's worth noting that it works in many different applications for many different user interface elements. It's not just being applied to navigation bar text. For example, take note of the pop-up menu text in Dropbox, and the tabs in the App Store below:

To configure the color that you want to use system-wide, you'll want to head over to the Chroma preferences pane in the Settings application, which is shown below:

From here, you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, as well as configure a light tint color and a dark tint color. The interface where you select the color that you want gives you a full color board where you can select any color from the rainbow. You can then use the light to dark slider at the top to control how light or dark the color will be.

To make sure that all changes take effect, you will want to close out of all open applications and re-open them. There is no need to respring.

Chroma seems to be a very nice lightweight customization solution with a very low draw on system resources to provide you with some colorization choices throughout iOS 7 as a whole. If you would like to give the tweak a try, it's available for free in Cydia's ModMyi repository right now.

Name: Chroma
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.3.5
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Charlie Hewitt
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Nice tweak... it has potential. One thing I notice is... if i change the default color... it changes my flagged email color to blue... making it appear as an unread email.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyberjunkyfreak View Post
    Nice tweak... it has potential. One thing I notice is... if i change the default color... it changes my flagged email color to blue... making it appear as an unread email.
    You are right about that I didn't know this is the one causing that

Sent from my iPad using ModMyi

Quote Originally Posted by godfred212 View Post
    You are right about that I didn't know this is the one causing that

Sent from my iPad using ModMyi

The funny thing is... I'm looking for a tweak that will change the flag color from orange to some other color... just not blue