Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'BetterNF' Adds Handy New Features to the Netflix App for iOS

Default 'BetterNF' Adds Handy New Features to the Netflix App for iOS

If you are a Netflix for iOS user, then you could probably benefit from a new jailbreak tweak called BetterNF by iOS developer VladMax Soft.

BetterNF brings Netflix iOS users new features to their Netflix application, including the ability to see the IMDb rating for any of the movies or series that they look up, the rotten tomatoes, and the rotten tomatoes users. The information is all added to the interface that displays information about the movies or series, underneath the star rating, as shown above.

In addition, whenever you're playing a video with Netflix, the tweak will also show you information about the streaming and buffering. You'll get to see information such as the resolution of the video, the buffered streaming quality, and the amount of data that has been downloaded in the current streaming session while viewing the video or series. These statistics are easily toggled on or off by just double-tapping on the upper left-hand corner of the movie player from the Netflix application.

BetterNF adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a few of the tweak's options:

From here, you will be able to do things such as:

• Enable or disable IMDb ratings
    • Enable or disable rotten tomatoes
    • Enable or disable rotten tomatoes users
    • Hide or show display stream statistics
    • Hide or show buffering quality
    • Hide or show data information

Obviously, the tweak's intention is to give Netflix for iOS users a little more information about the video content that they're watching, and help improve the user experience. We think that the additional information may be worth adding to your Netflix application, but the price is something you'll have to consider it's going to set you back $1.99 from Cydia's BigBoss repository, which is a bit of a hefty price for the information that you're getting.

Luckily, BetterNF is compatible with iOS 6.0 and later feel free to give it a try!

Name: BetterNF
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.1.0-14
    Requirements: iOS 6.0-7.1.2, Netflix application
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: VladMax Soft
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Maybe .99.... maybe. Pass at $2 though. Someone will bring out a free one I'd imagine. All I really want is the streaming info anyway.