Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Treat Yourself to a Fresh and Free Daily iOS Wallpaper From Bing With 'DailyPaper'

Default Treat Yourself to a Fresh and Free Daily iOS Wallpaper From Bing With 'DailyPaper'

If you've got an iOS device, then you know how much a nice wallpaper can spice up your Home Screen or Lock Screen. The hard part is just finding the best wallpaper out there. Maybe you've gotten sick of looking for new wallpapers to use, or you just want something random and different every once in a while.

If that's the case, you have got to try out a new free jailbreak tweak called DailyPaper by iOS development team HASHBANG Productions.

What this jailbreak tweak will do is call upon Bing to help you find a daily wallpaper. On a daily basis, it will refresh your wallpaper with something new from Bing – it calls upon high quality photographs from the search engine to provide you with a beautiful wallpaper for both your Home Screen and Lock Screen.

If you're interested in details about the wallpaper that DailyPaper has set as your wallpaper, you can open Notification Center, and in the Today tab, you'll find information about the photograph:

DailyPaper will add a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a variety of different options for the tweak:

From here, you can enable or disable DailyPaper on demand, force DailyPaper to only use Wi-Fi for downloading photographs from Bing to set as your wallpaper, enable or disable only high quality photographs, choose where the photograph will be applied as a wallpaper (Home Screen, Lock Screen, or both), manually update the wallpaper, and choose to save the current wallpaper photograph to your Camera Roll.

DailyPaper looks to be a solid tweak as it is, but the developers note that even more support is coming in the future. For example, they plan to add photograph support for Flickr, National Geographic, and even Reddit so that the user can choose their favorite photography source.

If you would like to give this awesome wallpaper jailbreak tweak a try to keep your Home Screen and/or Lock Screen always looking fresh, then you can give it a try right now for free from Cydia's BigBoss repository. iOS 7 is required for the installation of this jailbreak tweak.

Name: DailyPaper
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2, internet connection
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: HASHBANG Productions
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

You can watch our video review of DailyPaper below:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WZsuvea9VEo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-07-31 at 02:15 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm surprised, with Apple trying to switch to Bing, that Apple has yet to add this as a stock feature to iOS 8. You'd think this would be something that they would've done.

Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    I'm surprised, with Apple trying to switch to Bing, that Apple has yet to add this as a stock feature to iOS 8. You'd think this would be something that they would've done.
    It could just be a licensing thing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It could just be a licensing thing.
    Very true. Hopefully we see something like this in a future iOS though. I think many users would thoroughly enjoy this. I mean if not oh well but it would still be cool.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Treat Yourself to a Fresh and Free Daily iOS Wallpaper From Bing With 'DailyP...
    More than likely Apple(and I) see it as a waste of battery and data...Don't think we will ever see this feature officially from Apple. Same reason we ain't got video wallpaper...

Sent from my iPhone ❗️❕MAGNUM❕❗️

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    More than likely Apple(and I) see it as a waste of battery and data...Don't think we will ever see this feature officially from Apple. Same reason we ain't got video wallpaper...
    I doubt this would be the reason. It would only check for data once per day. That's less often than your Weather application checks for weather in the background.

Video wallpaper is a significant waste of resources, but luckily, Apple has at least met us halfway with dynamic wallpapers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (2014-07-31)

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Just installed. Very clean!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Reminds me of that old app from Installer. Back in the 2G iPhone days. Forgot the name of it, but it was similar. It didn't autoselect wallpapers as your background, but you were able to browse through and it updated very often. Killed so much time with that app. Wish I could remember the name

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    Reminds me of that old app from Installer. Back in the 2G iPhone days. Forgot the name of it, but it was similar. It didn't autoselect wallpapers as your background, but you were able to browse through and it updated very often. Killed so much time with that app. Wish I could remember the name
    Bosspapers

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi