Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung's Latest Ad Claims iPhone 5S Users are Envious of the Galaxy S5

Default Samsung's Latest Ad Claims iPhone 5S Users are Envious of the Galaxy S5
    [QUOTE=ABOSWORTH;7114115]LOL, I know tons of people with Android phones and not one of them has ever had a virus.

Not everyone Gets viruses, that would be misrepresenting what I said. Of course we all know people that haven't gotten viruses...or known about them. Nonetheless, avast antivirus has software for android, but not for iOS.
    Last edited by Rcworship; 2014-07-23 at 10:25 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Samsung's Latest Ad Claims iPhone 5S Users are Envious of the Galaxy S5
    Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    The Galaxy S5 has one handed mode
    LMFAO!!! Yo clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Ever heard of rooting? An iPhone that is not jailbroken is so boring and limited it's not even funny. When you jailbreak it, you can finally start doing the things you can do with Android right out of the box. If you root an Android, you can do anything you can do with a jailbroken phone.
    But if you have to root it to do everything a jailbroken iPhone can, why not just have an iPhone? And "anything"? Will it use iTunes Match? Or AirPlay mirroring? Those are the two things I use most. And I submit that there is probably NOTHING a jailbroken iPhone can't do that an Android can.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    And I submit that there is probably NOTHING a jailbroken iPhone can't do that an Android can.
    Change the O.S
    different keyboards.
    change the default apps.
    floating windows.
    etc...

some replies in this thread...

and another for Samsung.
    Last edited by Schnedi; 2014-07-24 at 12:48 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hopethemodworx's Avatar
    Thanks

I couldn't care less about NFC or keyboards. Apple is slowly opening iOS to DEVS and 3rd parties.

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I haven't seen any Amazon phone ads. Do they do this?
    I've seen one of their ads and they just show the features of the phone like Apple does. No bashing of other phone at least not yet..

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    But if you have to root it to do everything a jailbroken iPhone can, why not just have an iPhone? And "anything"? Will it use iTunes Match? Or AirPlay mirroring? Those are the two things I use most. And I submit that there is probably NOTHING a jailbroken iPhone can't do that an Android can.
    I don't know about iTunes match or Airplay mirroring. I don't even know what that is but it's kind of like asking if an iPhone will work with Samsung Keis or if you can put diesel in your gasoline car. Lol

As far as things a jailbroken iPhone can't do, tryusing an iPhone as a remote for every TV and box in your house. Or as a heart rate monitor. Not saying they are must have features but you can't do either of those things with an iPhone, jailbroken or not. I remember trying a few of the remote tweaks on my iPhone 4s and none of them worked. You can do both of those things on an unrooted S5. I'm sure everyone will say "I don't need those festures" and maybe not but they are pretty sweet when you have them at your finger tips.

Why not have an iPhone? Lol I don't even know what to say to that. If you're going to keep your phone stock, why not have Android? Anyway, rooting is just as easy as jailbreaking and they have a community just like this one.

Anyway, not like I'm supporting this dumb commercial. I'm not a fan of slanderous advertising. I actually just saw this commercial on TV a few minutes ago. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by hopethemodworx View Post
    I couldn't care less about NFC or keyboards. Apple is slowly opening iOS to DEVS and 3rd parties.
    Yeah, you couldn't care less until Apple offers these features and then you'll be all "this is amazing and revolutionary." LMAO
    Last edited by ABOSWORTH; 2014-07-24 at 01:44 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

The fact is, the majority of people don't modify their phones and aren't particularly interested in learning how to use it. That's one reason people love iPhones. They tend to be the most stable platform and they are very intuitive. Everything works the way you would expect it to.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donnutt For This Useful Post:

dwizurd (2014-07-24), TDH Advocate (2014-07-24)

Or as a heart rate monitor.
    You can use a iPhone as a heart rate monitor. I had it on my 3GS.

I've said before a jailbroken iPhone doesn't even compare to a a fully modded Android device. Probably the biggest benefit of rooting is its done once, after that you can easily move up the released firmwares without needing to root again. Yes most people don't do this amount of stuff to their phone but at the same time we are on a website made for modding your phone so it is acceptable to bring it up. Very few root Android or jailbreak their iPhone.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to yatezy For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (2014-07-24)

Quote Originally Posted by yatezy View Post
    You can use a iPhone as a heart rate monitor. I had it on my 3GS.

I've said before a jailbroken iPhone doesn't even compare to a a fully modded Android device. Probably the biggest benefit of rooting is its done once, after that you can easily move up the released firmwares without needing to root again. Yes most people don't do this amount of stuff to their phone but at the same time we are on a website made for modding your phone so it is acceptable to bring it up. Very few root Android or jailbreak their iPhone.
    Are you sure it was a 3gs? I don't see how it could work since the 3gs didn't have a flash.

I don't know about the 3GS either but I can check my heart rate with my 5S. I'm sure others with a flash can do the same too.

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    I don't know about the 3GS either but I can check my heart rate with my 5S. I'm sure others with a flash can do the same too.
    I was reading a bit after that post and all you need is a flash for checking pulse. I didn't realize that when I made the original post.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I remember trying a few of the remote tweaks on my iPhone 4s and none of them worked. You can do both of those things on an unrooted S5.
    This too is the same as comparing a flip phone to a smart phone. They are years apart in difference. Try comparing a 5S to an S5. Don't make fun of someone for saying something then do the same thing later in your comment as you were making fun of someone for. It just makes you look stupid.

Also, I haven't needed a jailbreak ever. I've always enjoyed having one. With iOS 7 I really didn't need one and willingly gave up a jailbreak to get iOS 7 betas. I did the same thing now for iOS 8 beats. iOS has improved greatly and I can't give a reason I'd ever want one of those piece of trash androids. The only way I would is perhaps a Nexus so I could load Ubuntu onto it. Samsung is the worst android phone company out there in my opinion and many true android device users' opinions. Samsuck is exactly that. Apple currently holds best phones on market currently and the only ones that will change that is Ubuntu.

Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    This too is the same as comparing a flip phone to a smart phone. They are years apart in difference. Try comparing a 5S to an S5. Don't make fun of someone for saying something then do the same thing later in your comment as you were making fun of someone for. It just makes you look stupid.

Also, I haven't needed a jailbreak ever. I've always enjoyed having one. With iOS 7 I really didn't need one and willingly gave up a jailbreak to get iOS 7 betas. I did the same thing now for iOS 8 beats. iOS has improved greatly and I can't give a reason I'd ever want one of those piece of trash androids. The only way I would is perhaps a Nexus so I could load Ubuntu onto it. Samsung is the worst android phone company out there in my opinion and many true android device users' opinions. Samsuck is exactly that. Apple currently holds best phones on market currently and the only ones that will change that is Ubuntu.
    So what, are you saying a 5S can be used as a remote for a TV then? No, they don't work because neither a 4s nor a 5s have an infared emitter. That bit of technology hasn't been featured on any iPhone so it makes no difference what device I was talking about in that regard. I was simply posting my experience with trying to get an iPhone to be used as a remote and since that piece of technology has not changed on the iPhone, it's in no way like what you're saying. Nice try though. I've tried several apps and jailbreak tweaks to get this to work to no avail, that's all I was saying so someone wouldn't come in and say there were apps to do this. Maybe someone has gotten one of them to work? Maybe not.

Well, that's good and well for you if you like a locked down iOS and don't care to jailbreak. I'm not sure why you're here but good for you. Personally, I'd never own another iPhone unless I could jailbreak it or if they finally start opening the OS more.

As far as build quality, yes Apple does arguably have the best phones but the locked down OS is a huge turn off for me now that I've used jailbroken devices and Android devices. I've used both platforms as my daily driver. Have you done the same?
    Last edited by ABOSWORTH; 2014-07-24 at 06:10 PM.

When as big ever mean better! Ask your girlfriend 😉.

Are you sure it was a 3gs? I don't see how it could work since the 3gs didn't have a flash.
    You could use it as long as there was a bright enough light behind your finger. Sunlight was usually the best source.

Thanks

I don't know about iTunes match or Airplay mirroring. I don't even know what that is but it's kind of like asking if an iPhone will work with Samsung Keis or if you can put diesel in your gasoline car. Lol

As far as things a jailbroken iPhone can't do, tryusing an iPhone as a remote for every TV and box in your house. Or as a heart rate monitor. Not saying they are must have features but you can't do either of those things with an iPhone, jailbroken or not. I remember trying a few of the remote tweaks on my iPhone 4s and none of them worked. You can do both of those things on an unrooted S5. I'm sure everyone will say "I don't need those festures" and maybe not but they are pretty sweet when you have them at your finger tips.

Why not have an iPhone? Lol I don't even know what to say to that. If you're going to keep your phone stock, why not have Android? Anyway, rooting is just as easy as jailbreaking and they have a community just like this one.

Anyway, not like I'm supporting this dumb commercial. I'm not a fan of slanderous advertising. I actually just saw this commercial on TV a few minutes ago. Lol

Yeah, you couldn't care less until Apple offers these features and then you'll be all "this is amazing and revolutionary." LMAO
    Not true. What is true is that Apple execute things a lot better than Samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by hopethemodworx View Post
    Not true. What is true is that Apple execute things a lot better than Samsung.
    What are you referring to that is "not true" about my post? I already said I didn't realize at the time that there were heart rate monitor apps for iPhones.

Thanks

What are you referring to that is "not true" about my post? I already said I didn't realize at the time that there were heart rate monitor apps for iPhones.
    At the end of your post,you said something along the lines of you'll be amazed and say it's revolutionary when apple comes out with features...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123