Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook To Introduce New Features on iOS and Android Mobile App

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Facebook To Introduce New Features on iOS and Android Mobile App

It was recently announced by Facebook that a new feature for its mobile app will be rolled out soon. The new feature will allow users to save content they would like to access at a later time. In Facebook mobile’s ‘more’ section of the app and on the left bar on the web, saved content like movies, TV, music, and more will appear. Facebook stated that reminders of saved content will sometimes be shown to users in the News Feed:

Your saved items list is organized by category and you can swipe right on each item to share it with your friends or move it into your archive list…We’ll sometimes show you reminders of your saved items in News Feed. For example, we might show you links to articles you saved.
    The save feature on Facebook is said to be a competitor to Pinterest and other reader apps where content can be saved for later viewing, reading and sharing. Users can share individual items that were added to the saved items list, just like how users share individual posts using the Facebook timeline now. In the upcoming few days, users on the iOS and Android platform can download the latest edition of the app.

Source: Facebook

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone Brandon.amos's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish they'd get rid of the stupid Top Stories default and make it most recent. They apparently don't realize most of the "Top Stories" are anything but. Seeing posts from 25 min ago, then 2 hours ago, 3 days ago, 8 hours ago, 2 min ago, and then a week ago is extremely irritating. At times I just get off of Facebook because it drives me crazy. Most of what I do now is look up specific people's pages to see what they have been posting etc, and then get off. I want chronological order. Now they can give me the option to choose different days or times, but default should be what's happening right now. If I'm checking, it's because I want to know what's going on now, not a week ago.
    "All Men Die, But Not All Men Truly Live."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandon.amos For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (2014-07-22)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon.amos View Post
    I wish they'd get rid of the stupid Top Stories default and make it most recent. They apparently don't realize most of the "Top Stories" are anything but. Seeing posts from 25 min ago, then 2 hours ago, 3 days ago, 8 hours ago, 2 min ago, and then a week ago is extremely irritating. At times I just get off of Facebook because it drives me crazy. Most of what I do now is look up specific people's pages to see what they have been posting etc, and then get off. I want chronological order. Now they can give me the option to choose different days or times, but default should be what's happening right now. If I'm checking, it's because I want to know what's going on now, not a week ago.
    Exactly how I feel. I also want landscape back. Also want to be able to see my other folders in messages(other, archived, unread)also I want voting back and in the app. I actually used that feature a lot.

Sent from my iPhone ❗️❕MAGNUM❕❗️

iPhone? More like MyPhone Brandon.amos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Exactly how I feel. I also want landscape back. Also want to be able to see my other folders in messages(other, archived, unread)also I want voting back and in the app. I actually used that feature a lot.

Sent from my iPhone ❗️❕MAGNUM❕❗️
    Yes!!! Landscape!!! Android has it because my fiancé has the Galaxy S4 and she has turned it sideways before. I would probably use it mostly for typing, or reading long posts, but it would still help so much! Folders would be great too.
    "All Men Die, But Not All Men Truly Live."

I thought Facebook iOS had landscape. Hmm... maybe because I'm using SBRotator 7... I never noticed. Check out SBRotator 7 if you want landscape.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon.amos View Post
    You have no idea how often I say this. This is one of the main reasons I hate Facebook and almost never use it anymore. If they would just fix this id actually care about Facebook updates.

Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    You have no idea how often I say this. This is one of the main reasons I hate Facebook and almost never use it anymore. If they would just fix this id actually care about Facebook updates.
    I guess I'm glad I don't have a facebook account, or have ever used it for that matter

Yes, that is crazy about the Top Stories! I constantly have to hit most recent. I also miss landscape too but I'm not on there enough to truly utilize these features and small annoyances.