Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Once Again Targets Apple’s iPad in Anti-Apple Ad Campaign

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Samsung Once Again Targets Apple’s iPad in Anti-Apple Ad Campaign

It was just last week Apple iPhone users were called ‘wall huggers,’ now Samsung has released two commercials targeting iPad owners. The first ad made fun of the iOS operating system, claiming that it does not ‘truly’ support multitasking. The scene in the ad (as shown above), is of a father holding a tablet that looks like the iPad but fails to do split-screen multitasking. Therefore, the father is not able to keep his baby happy with “Rio” and watch the soccer match himself.

The narrator of the ad starts talking and voices what he thinks about the situation, indirectly claiming that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S could solve the father’s issues.

What's going on? Ah, it looks like dad's tablet can only do one thing at a time. What if it were a Samsung Galaxy Tab S? With the Galaxy Tab S, the whole family has something to smile about.
    Samsung’s second ad targets LCD technology, as Apple’s iPad and other current tablets have high-resolution LCD panels, but Samsung has AMOLED screens. The narrator is back and says:

What went wrong here? Ah, it's not a Super AMOLED. What if it were a Samsung Galaxy Tab S? Compared to many LCDs, Super AMOLEDs give you 100 times higher contrast. Instead of 1000-to-1, you get 100,000-to-1 contrast.

The precise difference in regards to the two technologies, is explained in the ad:

Conventional LCDs get their color using a backlight, but Super AMOLEDs turn off pixel by pixel, each emitting their own light. So you get all the fine details and varied shades of black that many LCDs can't show.
    Both commercials end with the narrator asking “Do you see what I see.”

Source: Samsung, YouTube

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Ios 8??? Hello??? Who am I kidding.. Samsung never does any r and d

That Samsung tablet looks like crap anyways.

well!! that's one argument that Apple can't deny but I'm sure they will. AMOLED is indeed far superior to Apple's LCD tech.

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    well!! that's one argument that Apple can't deny but I'm sure they will. AMOLED is indeed far superior to Apple's LCD tech.
    Your probably correct as I don't know much about AMOLED technology but I read (whether it's true or not) somewhere samsung just ups the saturation a whole bunch. Apple I guess tries to go for a more natural color look.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Default Samsung...
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    That Samsung tablet looks like crap anyways.
    I totally agree with u...

Keep bashing Samsuck you will always be second string .

Does Samsung have nothing better to do than bash Apple? Obviously they know their products are inferior if they feel the need to make every other ad an attack on Apple products.

This is getting pretty annoying. Couple days ago they make fun of apple and their users for being "wall huggers" when their devices are no better? Now they're bashing apple and their users AGAIN because of multitasking and screen technology? The colors on my iPad Air look GREAT and realistic. You almost never (I almost never) see apple commercials, but when I do, they're promoting their products instead of bashing another brand, yet apple sells about just as much as samsung maybe more, lmao, they're stupid. Almost as if they're admitting apples better but "hey hey come over here, we have this and we think apple sucks because they don't". Samsung needs to grow up and make better quality products instead of pointing out the few things the other brand doesn't have to make theirs seem better.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Noodles46 For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (2014-07-13)

Agreed. I like how apple doesn't need to go to their level of immaturity

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I've never used an AMOLED screen, so I can't really say anything about it, but for goodness sakes people! It's a fricken phone!! Why does a phone have to have 1080p? The screens are usually under 5", so why do you need to pack more pixels than you do in some tvs? What really kills me is the new 4K phone. I mean come on people. Enough is enough. Once the human eye can't detect the difference between pixels, why keep going higher? All it does is suck battery...

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (2014-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by spidermanapv View Post
    i've never used an amoled screen, so i can't really say anything about it, but for goodness sakes people! It's a fricken phone!! Why does a phone have to have 1080p? The screens are usually under 5", so why do you need to pack more pixels than you do in some tvs? What really kills me is the new 4k phone. I mean come on people. Enough is enough. Once the human eye can't detect the difference between pixels, why keep going higher? All it does is suck battery...
    amen!

Quote Originally Posted by hardlyanonymous View Post
    Does Samsung have nothing better to do than bash Apple? Obviously they know their products are inferior if they feel the need to make every other ad an attack on Apple products.
    Every other ad? Try every add. I personally haven't seen a samsung ad about their phones and tablets that doesn't bash apple in over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Your probably correct as I don't know much about AMOLED technology but I read (whether it's true or not) somewhere samsung just ups the saturation a whole bunch. Apple I guess tries to go for a more natural color.
    Exactly. I'd rather have more accurate, natural color.

Samsung, I'll never buy your products, you've gotten the market saturated beyond saving at this point. Additionally, Apple's quality and, most importantly, resale value are unparalleled.

I will admit one thing though, any iOS device without a jailbreak is the biggest cr*p ever, EVER!! Completely useless!! However, the moment it is jailbroken, it becomes the best device there is!!

Get a grip you lot
    As long as companies can bash each other openly in advertisements truthfully -the only winners will eventually be the buying public, especially for those who havent't a clue who may then have their eyes opened to the shortfalls of whatever product, and subsequently think more about what they require for BEFORE purchase.
    Example- do I really want a device with an internal battery that has to be sent away to be changed or risk being damaged by home surgery/dodgy 3rd party parts?
    Do I want a plasticky device or a quality build for the next device I buy?
    Do I want to be locked in to a manufacturers draconian operating system or do I want one which allows me to add and remove the items I don't want? After all I have paid and own the item not rented it!
    If all these issues are openly parodied in ads then people may be better informed in their buying choices instead of acting like lemmings and following the hype, and eventually these huge companies may take note and instigate changes when people begin voting with their money for applied changes they desire.
    So stop moaning and bring it on.
    Last edited by mark m; 2014-07-14 at 12:44 AM.

Automatic turn off to a product when advertising is geared toward downplaying the competition rather than sticking to only focusing on its own selling points.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Jaze For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (2014-07-14)

We'll Samsung practically makes up their money in TVs and other products. So they have room to make useless commercials

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
    Samsung, I'll never buy your products, you've gotten the market saturated beyond saving at this point. Additionally, Apple's quality and, most importantly, resale value are unparalleled.

I will admit one thing though, any iOS device without a jailbreak is the biggest cr*p ever, EVER!! Completely useless!! However, the moment it is jailbroken, it becomes the best device there is!!
    YOU lost ALL credibility! Jailbreak ADDS and enhances it does not "make" the device. MOST jailbreak apps are tweaks for effects not functionality! As nice as they may be...