Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Three New Features to be Found in iOS 8 Beta 3

Default Three New Features to be Found in iOS 8 Beta 3

On Monday, Apple seeded iOS 8 beta 3 to developers for testing, and now that we've had some time to play around with it, we can show you some of the new features that we've found waiting for us.

Since it's the third beta, we think it's only traditional that we show you three new features that you will find in iOS 8 beta 3. Read on to find out more!

1. Keep Audio and Video Messages

The first of the three new features of iOS 8 beta 3 that we'd like to show you is that now you can choose to have iOS automatically save any incoming or outgoing audio and video messages that come to you from the Messages application, whether by way of text message or iMessage. What this means is that any time you receive a voice message, it will be saved under the contact that you received or sent them to.

For this to work, a new option is added under Settings > Messages > Automatically Keep, and you can turn this feature on or off at your discretion.

2. A New Wallpaper to Choose From

iOS 8 beta 3 has also added a new still wallpaper for everyone to pick from. In this case, it happens to be a light gray, almost white wallpaper, as shown above.

It can be set by accessing Settings > Wallpapers & Brightness > Stills and then picking on it. You can then set it as either the Home Screen or the Lock Screen wallpaper, or both.

3. You Can Toggle QuickType On or Off

Last, but not least, you will find that iOS 8 beta 3 now allows you to toggle the QuickType keyboard on or off on demand. The QuickType keyboard is a new part of the keyboard that adds a new layer above the typing keys that will try to guess what you're going to try next. You can then tap on any of the words that appear to input them instead of having to type them out. This goal here is to reduce the amount of time it takes to send a text message.

This new toggle is found under Settings > General > Keyboard > QuickType and can be turned on or off at your discretion.

You can watch our video walkthrough for all of these features we've just shared below:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lgOrrMYW2y4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We will continue to keep you updated on any new features we find in the upcoming betas, so stay tuned!

iOS 8 is set to be released to the public some time this Fall.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

Just updated...don't see anything new or different but it's a lot smoother

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Really?? A wallpaper? That's what were getting excited about in this revision?

So is #1 a way to disable the photo/video "self-destruct" feature in iMessage? Because that one feature I definitely don't want!

Default Three New Features to be Found in iOS 8 Beta 3
    Ladies and gents we need to come together and have apple take a notice of auxo2 this amazing tweak really does a lot for the iOS user and although I am not new to the jailbreak community I wish we can spread the message ..... It really saves a lot of stress on the home button with the left and right corner gestures to multitask and go back to the home screen 5 star tweak!!!! Something useful ... Oh wait let just send a voice txt message .... Lol let's not make phone calls any more ... Although I am looking forward for the quick txt feature ... P.s iPhone 5 on 7.1.2 noticeable improvement on battery life ... Thanks to the Pangu devs for the jailbreak
    Last edited by c0deName_ZERO; 2014-07-09 at 05:14 AM.

I guess you can't test out Wi-Fi Calling because you have AT&T.

They charge you all that money and give you the bare minimum. Tampa has amazing LTE on T-Mobile you know...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Keep your jailbreaks folks. TRUST ME. Wait until iOS 8 is jailbroken

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    I guess you can't test out Wi-Fi Calling because you have AT&T.

They charge you all that money and give you the bare minimum. Tampa has amazing LTE on T-Mobile you know...
    Your going to need wifi calling with tmobile's tiny network. Btw AT&T paid for that "amazing LTE" when the merger fell through.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    Keep your jailbreaks folks. TRUST ME. Wait until iOS 8 is jailbroken
    I do so little with jailbreak that isn't on 7.0 that I was good with losing my jailbreak when I went to the beta for like 2 days. Even now I only downloaded tweaks to make it like iOS 8 while running 7.1.2. Honestly iOS 8 is nice even without a jailbreak because it added so many of the features I used to jailbreak for. I can't wait for it and I really wish I knew an apple dev that would let me on their account so I could use the betas.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

iOS 8 is going to be AMAZING once it's jailbreakable.

The quicktype keyboard is awesome.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

All I want is to be able to update Twitter and facebook back in my damn Notification Center...WTF...why the heck was it ever even taken out?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    All I want is to be able to update Twitter and facebook back in my damn Notification Center...WTF...why the heck was it ever even taken out?

I have to admit that it was stupid for them to take that out but they will probably come back in iOS 8 since they are allowing third party widget development.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TDH Advocate For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-07-10)