Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Add a Screensaver to Your iOS 7 Device

Default How to Add a Screensaver to Your iOS 7 Device

Screensavers were introduced originally for computers to help prevent the burning of images into older CRT and plasma displays after being shown for a long period of time. On modern displays, this is much less of a problem, but we still like having screensavers to not only remain on the safe side, but also to give us a nice standby visual effect on the display for when we come back.

If you want to add a timed screensaver to your iOS device too, then check out a new jailbreak tweak called Daydreaming (ScreenSaver) by iOS developer Youssef Eid.

With this tweak installed, you can make your device display a screensaver after a certain amount of time passes with inactivity on your iOS device. The tweak comes with four pre-installed screensavers including: digital clock, balloons, analog clock, and snowflakes (all shown above).

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the various options for your screensavers:

Here, you will be able to enable or disable the screensaver tweak on demand, choose after how long your screensaver will start, choose after how long the device will lock after the screensaver starts, pick the screensaver that you want to use (or use the random option), disable the screensaver when your battery level is getting low, and configure a custom color for the analog clock screensaver.

A closer look at the content of these preference cells below:

The developer notes that a lot of effort has been spent on optimizing the tweak for battery life. Considering your screensaver might not show up for long periods of time since your device will want to auto-lock after a while, it shouldn't impact your battery too much anyway.

If you would like to give this tweak a try, you can buy it from Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for $1.99. The tweak requires iOS 7 to be installed. You can also optionally install CCToggles to enable a Flipswitch toggle for your screensavers.

Name: Daydreaming (ScreenSaver)
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Youssef Eid
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

You can watch our video review below:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XL4nycfR-mM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't gotten any new packages in Cydia for the last three days. I thought maybe there wasn't anything new with the Fourth celebrations and so on, but maybe not.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Can you add more add-on like bubble screensaver on Window Vista ( the colorful bubbles )?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Don't think of yourself as an UGLY PERSON.
    Think of yourself as a BEAUTIFUL MONKEY !

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I haven't gotten any new packages in Cydia for the last three days. I thought maybe there wasn't anything new with the Fourth celebrations and so on, but maybe not.
    4th July is only celebrated in one country, the rest of the planet continues as normal

There have been other Cydia updates out over the last few days