Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Service Bypasses Apple's Activation Lock Security Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Eonhpi View Post
    They wont allow stolen or lost devices

Sent from my iDevice
    So who is the service aimed at??

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

It's not like apple created the I cloud to deter theft of iPhone but to insure no resale of the phone.
    Black iPhone 4 32G jail-broken iOS 5.1 R.P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Eh, idk maybe. I don't really care. I don't got that problem so lol

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    this feature was iOS 7 only. maybe your iPod was iOS 6

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sirbebe View Post
    It's not like apple created the I cloud to deter theft of iPhone but to insure no resale of the phone.
    That is a theft deterrent. Why would you steal something if it's completely useless?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

His so called supplier must have someone on the inside at apple doing this iCloud removal. Which is why they won't remove stolen devices iCloud lock due to the fear of jail time.

It's the only way I see it happening. Unless it's another thing like doulci which is always offline I don't see this going on too long before Apple catches on too which employee is doing this. It's that our someone got Into apples servers and bad internal access too do this.

If it does work it will bring a media **** storm and get shut down quickly and apple will sue your *** off so whoever made this service be prepared. Cause apple has the money to go after your ***

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Kinda weird that @chronic (from ChronicDevTeam) would release this except for making money...

Don't get me wrong, it's cool that he figured it out BUT it's not cool that he's now providing a way for thieves to circumvent the security that we've found comfort in.

All for a few bucks...

Sellout!
    LoL sellout huh..... It cost a lot per unlock so no... it's not for a few bucks. PLUS why is it his problem how his tech is used. He is providing a service.... If thieves use it it's not his fault. Just like if someone shoots another person it's not the gun manufacturers fault.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rkswat For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-07-07)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    LoL sellout huh..... It cost a lot per unlock so no... it's not for a few bucks. PLUS why is it his problem how his tech is used. He is providing a service.... If thieves use it it's not his fault. Just like if someone shoots another person it's not the gun manufacturers fault.
    Good point! I guess $150 isn't a cheap way to resell a stolen device so the hope is that thieves won't want to pony up that cash prior to selling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12