Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iOS Platform Gains Ground on Android in the US

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's iOS Platform Gains Ground on Android in the US

For the three months ending in May, Apple’s iPhone grew its lead as the top US smartphone, while iOS gained ground on Google’s Android according to research firm comScore. According to data from comScore’s MobiLens and Mobile Metrix services, Apple’s iPhone accounted for a 41.9% share of US smartphone users in May, up 0.6 points from a month earlier. Samsung also enlarged its second-place piece of the pie with a 0.8% change over the same period, ending with a 27.8% share of the market.

Out of the top five OEMs, only Apple and Samsung managed to gain subscribers over the three-month period, with LG and HTC both shedding 0.3 points to come in third and fifth, respectively. LG left May with 6.5% of the market, while HTC managed 5.1%. Motorola held steady with 6.3%, coming in fourth.

Google’s Android remained the number one smartphone platform in the US with a 52.1% marketshare, or 10.2 points more than Apple’s iOS. The world’s largest mobile OS showed no movement, however, meaning the iPhone’s 0.6% increase came from less popular platforms like fourth-place BlackBerry, which lost 0.6 points in the three-month period.

Microsoft’s Windows Phone came in third with no change in marketshare, while Symbian rounded out the top five with 0.1 of the market, down 0.1% from February. comScore estimates roughly 169 million people owned smartphones in the US during the May period, which is up 4% since February. Smartphones now account for 70% of the nation’s overall cellular market.

Source: comScore

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I was interested in seeing where Nokia stood in this chart.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Symbian? What strange beast is that, pray tell?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wonder if the new 7.1.1-7.1.2 jailbreaks had anything to do with this boon?