Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Samsung Leaves iPhone 'Drained' in Biting New Ad

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattone66 View Post
    Funny some making fun at the galaxy phones and now the iPhone people are waking up and making their phones bigger. People forget that android gives users a little more freedom than the iPhone, the iPhone gives you what they want to give that's it. My friends had iPhones I use an iPhone myself they switched to android and they're crazy with it. The only reason I have the iPhone is cause it's JB if not I would go crazy looking at that dull screen with those ugly a-- icons.What the iPhone is planning to do with the iPhone the android already has it. Those people who don't think the same are in big time denial. Pretty soon I will give it a go have my eyes on the LG G3 myself.
    True, but Apple doesn't mind waiting to bring products to market until they are more refined and better quality all around. Apple did not go with larger displays because of the leadership in place at the time. Jobs' belief was more along the lines of customers not knowing what they wanted/needed until it was invented and shown to them. In many ways, that's true. Since Cook is at the helm this philosophy has changed, hence the coming updates. At any rate, when I bought the iPhone 5 the day it was released (by utter luck and coincidence) I lost my jailbreak for a while and, you know, I still loved it! Nonetheless, when iOS 6 was jailbroken, I was one of the first to rejoice and jailbreak it! Also, samsung and other android users all release limited and somewhat proprietary versions of the OS, none of which are truly open and free. It's similar across the board and people like what they like. It's all good. I just don't like cheap-feeling plastic phones!

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    True, but Apple doesn't mind waiting to bring products to market until they are more refined and better quality all around. Apple did not go with larger displays because of the leadership in place at the time. Jobs' belief was more along the lines of customers not knowing what they wanted/needed until it was invented and shown to them. In many ways, that's true. Since Cook is at the helm this philosophy has changed, hence the coming updates. At any rate, when I bought the iPhone 5 the day it was released (by utter luck and coincidence) I lost my jailbreak for a while and, you know, I still loved it! Nonetheless, when iOS 6 was jailbroken, I was one of the first to rejoice and jailbreak it! Also, samsung and other android users all release limited and somewhat proprietary versions of the OS, none of which are truly open and free. It's similar across the board and people like what they like. It's all good. I just don't like cheap-feeling plastic phones!
    Is the HTC ONE plastic?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattone66 View Post
    Is the HTC ONE plastic?
    Big deal lol, if htc made that phone plastic they would have had earned more. And guess what, you can't replace your battery with the htc one.

    Htc one was a beautiful phone, but sadly it suffered the faith of all other android phones---being mauled by hundreds of samsung galaxies


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    iphone 6 64gb

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrolock View Post
    Big deal lol, if htc made that phone plastic they would have had earned more. And guess what, you can't replace your battery with the htc one.

    Htc one was a beautiful phone, but sadly it suffered the faith of all other android phones---being mauled by hundreds of samsung galaxies


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Was just saying that cause you mentioned that all are "cheap plastic phones" that's all.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattone66 View Post
    Was just saying that cause you mentioned that all are "cheap plastic phones" that's all.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    That wasnt me man lol i just butted in haha


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    iphone 6 64gb

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrolock View Post
    That wasnt me man lol i just butted in haha


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Lmao!!! Sorry about that dude.

  7. #27
    Honestly the iPhone does have horrible battery life, lack of customization, and way too dumbed-down GUI.

    Samsung does really excel in these aspects.

  8. #28
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    LG G2 has a phenomenal battery life. It's too bad that phone didn't get the hype that the Galaxy line gets. It's too bad the G3, which is going to be amazing, won't get the hype either. I've had the Galaxy Note II, Galaxy S4, LG G2, and now the iPhone 5S in the past 2 years, the battery life with the S4 and 5S are comparable. They're equally bad. I'm curious to see the iPhone 6 in comparison to the S5. Of course it can't beat the Note 4 coming out...

    But with all that said...battery life isn't the center of what makes a smartphone great.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

    Rcworship (2014-07-05)

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattone66 View Post
    Is the HTC ONE plastic?
    I don't know about the HTC ONE; my statement was not meant to be an all inclusive one, but a generalization. How many phones running android are made of aluminum, or aluminium? My point was that I view the last 4 iPhone models (excluding the 5C) as having great polish and quality build/design. Even the glass backs of the 4 & 4S feel nice and of substantial quality. Nonetheless, the 5C, even in plastic, seems to have better build quality than many samsung phones! I think partially because the battery is not replaceable, allowing for a single piece body. No cheap-feeling thin back panel to access the battery and SIM card. My humble opinion.

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattone66 View Post
    Funny some making fun at the galaxy phones and now the iPhone people are waking up and making their phones bigger. People forget that android gives users a little more freedom than the iPhone, the iPhone gives you what they want to give that's it. My friends had iPhones I use an iPhone myself they switched to android and they're crazy with it. The only reason I have the iPhone is cause it's JB if not I would go crazy looking at that dull screen with those ugly a-- icons.What the iPhone is planning to do with the iPhone the android already has it. Those people who don't think the same are in big time denial. Pretty soon I will give it a go have my eyes on the LG G3 myself.
    Techie community bias. You think these points are a big deal because of the people you know and sites/forums you frequent. For 99% of the general population! both Android and iOS provide the basic features they need, and they have busy lives and don't want or need to customize their point OS appearance.

    I prefer iPhone because the OS is very refined and smooth, updates are immediate, and it does everything I need. Most importantly, I'm not digital livestock for Google;being use by them to harvest information for their true business. You say Apple is too controlling, but at least with Apple I'm just paying for the product with my money, not my information, and I don't feel like a cheap prostitute.

  12. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I've always thought the same thing. Apple says why their stuff is great. Samsung and Windows do ads that only talk about how bad Apple is.
    Really? Because it looked like they also talked about how much better the battery was, that it could last longer. They weren't just bashing the competition. And no, I'm not a Android or Samsung fan. It just seem a lot of people have gotten to the point where they want to see commercials from the likes of Samsung as being bashing-only even if there is more to them.

  13. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    I don't know about the HTC ONE; my statement was not meant to be an all inclusive one, but a generalization. How many phones running android are made of aluminum, or aluminium? My point was that I view the last 4 iPhone models (excluding the 5C) as having great polish and quality build/design. Even the glass backs of the 4 & 4S feel nice and of substantial quality. Nonetheless, the 5C, even in plastic, seems to have better build quality than many samsung phones! I think partially because the battery is not replaceable, allowing for a single piece body. No cheap-feeling thin back panel to access the battery and SIM card. My humble opinion.
    Samsung isn't the only Android phone out there. Samsung just sell the most Android phones.

    It's unfair to compare most of the cheaper androids to the iPhone since they are built cheaply to be sold cheaply. You should be comparing this year's HTC One and last year's One, which in pure aesthetics is a far nice phone than anything on the market. The top line Sonys are built with quality, there are others.

  14. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by znbl View Post
    Really? Because it looked like they also talked about how much better the battery was, that it could last longer. They weren't just bashing the competition. And no, I'm not a Android or Samsung fan. It just seem a lot of people have gotten to the point where they want to see commercials from the likes of Samsung as being bashing-only even if there is more to them.
    True, they are telling you what the phone has, but the standard against which all other phones are (seemingly) comparing their own is the iPhone. Because the ads are always talking about how bad the iPhone is, and I can't think of one that isn't, the focus often is the iPhone. They would do better to just earn customers, not take them from Apple. Base the commercials on their own merits and I think many will better appreciate them. Everyone compares, but the quality products need to be able to stand on their own.

    Quote Originally Posted by yatezy View Post
    Samsung isn't the only Android phone out there. Samsung just sell the most Android phones.

    It's unfair to compare most of the cheaper androids to the iPhone since they are built cheaply to be sold cheaply. You should be comparing this year's HTC One and last year's One, which in pure aesthetics is a far nice phone than anything on the market. The top line Sonys are built with quality, there are others.
    Again, I don't know about all android options, nor am I making an all-inclusive statement. I'm sure there are some great phones out there in terms of build quality, but from what I've seen and held in my hand, I'm not impressed.
    Last edited by Rcworship; 2014-07-06 at 08:58 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •