Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Samsung Said To Be Releasing A ‘Galaxy F‘ Around The Same Time As Apple’s iPhone 6

  1. #21
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    Default Samsung Said To Be Releasing A ‘Galaxy F‘ Around The Same Time As Apple’s iPh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattone66 View Post
    Getting tired of the same old thing get the iPhone wait till someone finds a Jailbreak which could take a loooong time just to get the freedom that android has. Apple give me a playstore app which I can purchase themes icons like android does then I be happy.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    I keep seeing this statement, but I have to ask, what does Android really do in terms of customizability that Apple doesn't have? Live wallpapers? Themes? Is there anything non-cosmetic? And please, don't take this as me bashing, it's really just me being curious as to what everyone keeps saying.

    I actually owned and Android back in the days of Gingerbread, and really, there didn't seem to be much in the way of the in-depth customizability without rooting, which seems like just as annoying of a process as jailbreaking.

    Edit: Spelling error

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  2. #22
    Simply put the android gives you more freedom I feel than the iPhone. Have friends that had iPhone since it came out and now switched to android and they absolutely love it I had my iPhone for a long while myself and I'm thinking of jumping to android to check it out myself. Don't know when you had the android but they're getting better and better than before. That's my opinion. Maybe I will love android if not I come back.😉


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    The thing is I'm not a fanboy of anything and yes the reason I left the Apple ecosystem in the first place because of how restricted it was. Jailbreaking was the only way I could use my old iPod because I felt like I could actually do what I wanted with it. I moved to Android about 4 years ago and have not looked back to going back to iOS, especially with how hideous iOS 7 is. I can point out flaws that both Android and Samsung has but I prefer Android over iOS because I feel like I have more control of my device out of the box. Yes all companies copy off each other and I'm getting tired of the battle waging on against Apple fanboys and Samsung fanboys bashing each other. It's a phone and people have different tastes. For me, I prefer freedom rather than be dictated to what I can and can't do with my device. Companies copy each other but in a sense that is a good thing because this will allow innovation and improvement in hardware/software.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim J For This Useful Post:

    Fattone66 (2014-07-04)

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim J View Post
    The thing is I'm not a fanboy of anything and yes the reason I left the Apple ecosystem in the first place because of how restricted it was. Jailbreaking was the only way I could use my old iPod because I felt like I could actually do what I wanted with it. I moved to Android about 4 years ago and have not looked back to going back to iOS, especially with how hideous iOS 7 is. I can point out flaws that both Android and Samsung has but I prefer Android over iOS because I feel like I have more control of my device out of the box. Yes all companies copy off each other and I'm getting tired of the battle waging on against Apple fanboys and Samsung fanboys bashing each other. It's a phone and people have different tastes. For me, I prefer freedom rather than be dictated to what I can and can't do with my device. Companies copy each other but in a sense that is a good thing because this will allow innovation and improvement in hardware/software.
    Totally agree with you. 100%


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  6. #25
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts

    Default Samsung Said To Be Releasing A ‘Galaxy F‘ Around The Same Time As Apple’s iPh...
    Quote Originally Posted by aceestes View Post
    I agree. All companies copy. For instance the finger print really was not the first one introduced on a phone. Apple simply did it the right way. They integrated it in a way that made it seamless in how you use your phone. I like Samsung phones but my issue with them is they spend so much time trying to 1up apple that they never really perfect anything. They focus on gimmicks like facial recognition that's cool to show off but more hassle to use that what we already have. They finally caught on that sticking with one device and improving it is the way to go and thats why you have a Galaxy S5 and that's why it's such a successful phone. Apple just dominates in the fact of their attention to detail and there unwillingness to implement a technology that isn't ready for their standard.
    Attention to detail!! Man have you used IOS 7? That is a FUGLY experience in software.

    Typo...
    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Last edited by rockyseay; 2014-07-04 at 06:57 AM.

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim J View Post
    The thing is I'm not a fanboy of anything and yes the reason I left the Apple ecosystem in the first place because of how restricted it was. Jailbreaking was the only way I could use my old iPod because I felt like I could actually do what I wanted with it. I moved to Android about 4 years ago and have not looked back to going back to iOS, especially with how hideous iOS 7 is. I can point out flaws that both Android and Samsung has but I prefer Android over iOS because I feel like I have more control of my device out of the box. Yes all companies copy off each other and I'm getting tired of the battle waging on against Apple fanboys and Samsung fanboys bashing each other. It's a phone and people have different tastes. For me, I prefer freedom rather than be dictated to what I can and can't do with my device. Companies copy each other but in a sense that is a good thing because this will allow innovation and improvement in hardware/software.
    When you say you have more control over your device, what do you mean exactly?

    I tried to compare the Galaxy S5 to the iPhone, but I can't see anything better than 3rd party keyboards and bigger screens. Apple will add these features in the iPhone 6. But other than that, what else is there? Animated wallpapers?

  8. #27
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by yohomie View Post
    When you say you have more control over your device, what do you mean exactly?

    I tried to compare the Galaxy S5 to the iPhone, but I can't see anything better than 3rd party keyboards and bigger screens. Apple will add these features in the iPhone 6. But other than that, what else is there? Animated wallpapers?
    LOL I said the exact same thing in a thread earlier today xD

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  9. #28
    Default Samsung Said To Be Releasing A ‘Galaxy F‘ Around The Same Time As Apple’s iPh...
    So sad so many people here in denial. And obviously blind. I'm outta here peace. Enjoy your boring device.✌️

  10. #29
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    lmao at these comments and rants. Good chuckle for me, love it.
    It is what it is, you either love Apple or not. I do and will update this year as I have every year since it all began in 2007.

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattone66 View Post
    Getting tired of the same old thing get the iPhone wait till someone finds a Jailbreak which could take a loooong time just to get the freedom that android has. Apple give me a playstore app which I can purchase themes icons like android does then I be happy.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Then you must also enjoy this:Spyware subsidizes high-end Android phone | ZDNet

    Give me my Apple closed down dedicated iOS, you can keep Android.

  12. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    Samsung is a sneaky company. They've mocked iPhone fans that camp outside for a new phone. They then go to these fans and ask them why they camp outside because they want to have that same brand loyalty.

    Samsung hears rumors of what Apple has planned and they rush to be first to bring it to the people which results in a half-baked product.

    Samsung's CEO gloated about seeing classified documents during one of their battles with Apple when those documents were supposed to have been only accessed by the lawyers.

    Samsung has made commercials that bash Apple and their fans where Apple makes commercials just showcasing their products.

    And the list continues..... These reasons among others is why Samsung is an annoying company hellbent on trying to take Apple down which isn't a bad thing, but when you look at that company as a whole and see their tactics, it shows you what values (or lack of) it has/has not.

    Companies copying certain features isn't a big deal if those features are necessary for what people expect a particular device should have. But Samsung has tried to recreate a similar look and feel of Apple's devices AND services that it makes that company look despicable in my eyes. Android isn't a bad OS and I'm glad it exist. But Samsung... geez just fkn die already or just come up with you're own unique and original style FFS.
    Hey nice essay ...


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  13. #32
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by yohomie View Post
    When you say you have more control over your device, what do you mean exactly?

    I tried to compare the Galaxy S5 to the iPhone, but I can't see anything better than 3rd party keyboards and bigger screens. Apple will add these features in the iPhone 6. But other than that, what else is there? Animated wallpapers?
    Well any transfers from your iPhone is dependent on iTunes and it over half the time doesn't do what you want it while with Android, you plug the phone up and use Finder or Explorer to transfer anything to the phone so it even can act as a flash drive. You can install custom keyboards, launchers and if you want to root it, you can load a completely different system on the phone. You can load 3rd party apps (I usually don't) but with these, you are more in control of your hardware. Also many features since iOS5 have been pulled from Android such as notification center, widgets, animated wallpapers in iOS 7 and soon to be keyboards. What it seems is Apple is about a year behind to add features that Android has.

  14. #33
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Slim J View Post
    Well any transfers from your iPhone is dependent on iTunes and it over half the time doesn't do what you want it while with Android, you plug the phone up and use Finder or Explorer to transfer anything to the phone so it even can act as a flash drive.
    While this is true, I used an Android as a flash drive for a period of time and found it rather annoying tbh.
    You can install custom keyboards, launchers and if you want to root it, you can load a completely different system on the phone.
    I thought the original argument was that you have to jailbreak for freedom...
    You can load 3rd party apps (I usually don't) but with these, you are more in control of your hardware. Also many features since iOS5 have been pulled from Android such as notification center, widgets, animated wallpapers in iOS 7 and soon to be keyboards. What it seems is Apple is about a year behind to add features that Android has.
    Almost every one of those features was originally in Cydia, with the possible exception of Swype which I only saw post iOS 5. Ironically, this would mean Android "stole" them from iOS, who then "stole" them back.

    The one other completely separate point I would like to mention is that I honestly see a lot more customization with Jailbroken iPhones than rooted and ROMed Android phones. It's almost as if Android users take customizability for granted and therefore do nothing with it. Just made me laugh to myself when I realized this a short time ago.

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  15. #34
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 39 Times in 22 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jozelito617 View Post
    Hey nice essay ...


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Hey nice comment ...

  16. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyseay View Post
    Oh you guys are so annoying. Talking about fanboys. Learn how to be geeks. Heck I like samsung, apple, windows, Mac, PC, IOS, and Android. I just like technology in general. EVERY company copies. Heck apple copies more than anyone else and for anyone of you to deny that is BS. There is only so many things you can add to a phone folks.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Thank you

  17. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    The one other completely separate point I would like to mention is that I honestly see a lot more customization with Jailbroken iPhones than rooted and ROMed Android phones. It's almost as if Android users take customizability for granted and therefore do nothing with it. Just made me laugh to myself when I realized this a short time ago.
    Having a jailbroken phone doesn't even remotely compare to the customising ability of a ROMed Android phone. Some ROMs are built from the ground up adding their own features. Paranoid Android, AOKP, OmniROM, these are usually at the forefront of adding features which are usually pleasuring to the eye and feature laden. Then there the amount of launchers you can choose from (already mentioned and a non root feature). The xposed modules that's are making headway. Swapping kernels out and modifying the way your phone actually runs. Changing out your phone radio modem to be able to change the signal strength and/or data speed (non root but more choices when rooted usually). Being able to set any 3rd party app as your preferred default option (already mentioned and a non root feature).

    For a bog standard non rooted user the best you're getting is to be able to change what your homescreen looks like, but then again don't a hell of a lot of people jailbreak for that sole reason?

  18. #37
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by yatezy View Post
    Having a jailbroken phone doesn't even remotely compare to the customising ability of a ROMed Android phone. Some ROMs are built from the ground up adding their own features. Paranoid Android, AOKP, OmniROM, these are usually at the forefront of adding features which are usually pleasuring to the eye and feature laden. Then there the amount of launchers you can choose from (already mentioned and a non root feature). The xposed modules that's are making headway. Swapping kernels out and modifying the way your phone actually runs. Changing out your phone radio modem to be able to change the signal strength and/or data speed (non root but more choices when rooted usually). Being able to set any 3rd party app as your preferred default option (already mentioned and a non root feature).

    For a bog standard non rooted user the best you're getting is to be able to change what your homescreen looks like, but then again don't a hell of a lot of people jailbreak for that sole reason?
    I wasn't aware of that. Interesting.

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  19. #38
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I thought the original argument was that you have to jailbreak for freedom....
    Most of what you can do unrooted with Android still requires a jailbreak on an iPhone. While I do usually root my Androids, I can stand using an unrooted phone as it does what I want unlike the iPhone.

    Oh you guys are so annoying. Talking about fanboys. Learn how to be geeks. Heck I like samsung, apple, windows, Mac, PC, IOS, and Android. I just like technology in general. EVERY company copies. Heck apple copies more than anyone else and for anyone of you to deny that is BS. There is only so many things you can add to a phone folks.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    While I don't like Apple products that much, I am on even grounds on everything else. I run both a dualboot setup of Ubuntu for Android development and Windows for most everyday use and gaming. I've used both Android and Windows Phone but WP8 has really grown on to me since the days I hated WP7. I don't argue of what Android's are better because I've messed with LG's, Samsungs and HTC's and they are all satisfying to use to me personally. The point being is I don't like Apple products, but I do like trying and am open to trying new technology.

  20. #39
    I switch back and forth between iOS and android. I like the android based features. The led indicator, on screen widgets, and so on. But the only reason I mainly stay with apple is because of the apps. Not how integrated they are into the system, but how more polished they run and more updated they get. Apple is still on top when it comes to better built apps and exclusive apps.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  21. #40
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 39 Times in 22 Posts

    I don't see why people who don't like Apple always seem to flock to Apple related articles or websites. It's probably to see what Apple does so they'll know what Android will soon follow, that or to see which Android feature is getting improved by Apple.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •