Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Slideback' Makes it Easier to Get to the Original App After You've Been Linked to Another

Default 'Slideback' Makes it Easier to the Original App After You've Been Linked to Another

When you come across certain links in iOS, you might get shifted to another application on your device, which means you have to somehow get back to the original application that you were linked from. A good example of this is when you're in Mobile Safari and you look for an App Store link, and you're suddenly switched out of the Mobile Safari application and into the App Store application when you tap on it.

A new free jailbreak tweak called slideback by iOS developer twodayslate is now available for free in Cydia to make it easier to return to the original application after you have been linked out of it by tapping on some kind of link. This tweak is like a re-make of chpwn's AppSlide, which is not supported on iOS 7.

Shown above, you can see how after we've tapped on an App Store link in the Google search results, the App Store application opens up and shows the application in the iOS App Store. Normally, when we press the Home Button to leave this application, we would return to the Home Screen, but with slideback installed, when we press the Home Button after being linked to the App Store from Mobile Safari, we will be returned to Mobile Safari.

Not only does this feel like a better method for productivity and navigation, but it saves time in the long run. It's a much more natural-feeling gesture for getting back to where you were without having to open the multitasking App Switcher even once.

Slideback is a free jailbreak tweak being offered in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now, and it's open source, so if you're interested in seeing what makes the tweak tick, you can view its source code on Github via this link. The tweak doesn't have any options to configure.

Name: slideback
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: twodayslate
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

You can watch our video review of slideback below:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wcfVA_M2iAw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-07-01 at 09:52 PM.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm jailbroke on 7.0.6 and was thinking about staying but after reading this article I'm probably going to make the jump to 7.1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Italia411 View Post
    I'm jailbroke on 7.0.6 and was thinking about staying but after reading this article I'm probably going to make the jump to 7.1.2.
    Here are five good reasons to make the jump!

Five Reasons You Should Update to iOS 7.1.2 and Jailbreak With Pangu Today

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I thought I posted in that thread lol still getting used to the new app.

lol the text from mom at the end

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi