Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pangu Jailbreak Not Patched in Recently-released iOS 7.1.2

Default Pangu Jailbreak Not Patched in Recently-released iOS 7.1.2

On Monday, Apple released an update for its mobile operating system dubbed version 7.1.2. The update fixes a number of small bugs in the operating system, including, but not limited to an e-mail encryption bug, a problem with a lock screen bypassing glitch, and more.

Many might be wondering whether or not the new software update patches the recently-released Pangu jailbreak, which was brought to us by a group of China-based hackers, and we can confirm that the update does not patch the jailbreak tool. With that being said, you are free to update to iOS 7.1.2 and can still jailbreak your device with the latest version of the Pangu jailbreak tool.

As we knew from the start, Pangu came with some code that was intended to support iOS 7.1.2 out of the box. It's great to see that the new update for iOS didn't come with so many changes that the code wouldn't work with iOS 7.1.2.

If you're already on iOS 7.1 or iOS 7.1.1 and you want to update to iOS 7.1.2 before jailbreaking, you officially have the green light to do so. It's also great news for those buying any new devices in the future that could come with iOS 7.1.2.

Our full guide on how to jailbreak iOS 7.1, iOS 7.1.1, and iOS 7.1.2 can be read at this link.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-06-30 at 08:35 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

matatan222 (2014-07-01)

Hopefully this is the last version of iOS 7 until 8 is released, which means the window for jailbreaking our devices is open for a few months this time

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rickuk For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (2014-06-30)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Hopefully this is the last version of iOS 7 until 8 is released, which means the window for jailbreaking our devices is open for a few months this time
    +1

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (2014-06-30)

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it. Apple will most likely release 7.1.3 sooner or later to patch the current jb exploits.

Updated iPhone 5 and iPad Air to 7.1.2 and ran the Jailbreak without issues. Everything seems to be running just fine.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple probably didn't care enough to adjust 7.1.2. iOS 8 will be out soon and all will be patched until a new jailbreak tool comes out... And so on...

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Having only just updated to 7.1.1 and JB then reapplying my cydia apps (2+ hours), does anyone know if its possible to do the OTA update to 7.1.2 which possibly i guess might keep the JB or if not after the OTA has been applied, re-run Panju?

Just trying to cut out a long winded full update to 7.1.2 in itunes, restore and lots of Cydia work

This jailbreak is easier that the previous evasi0n jailbreak.

It is a very known fact...OTA update over jailbreak.....it's a big no no. If you want to keep your phone healthy, you just have to go all the way from the beginning

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

Gcruz (2014-07-01)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Default Pangu Jailbreak Not Patched in Recently-released iOS 7.1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi1970 View Post
    Having only just updated to 7.1.1 and JB then reapplying my cydia apps (2+ hours), does anyone know if its possible to do the OTA update to 7.1.2 which possibly i guess might keep the JB or if not after the OTA has been applied, re-run Panju?

Just trying to cut out a long winded full update to 7.1.2 in itunes, restore and lots of Cydia work
    Pkgbackup will save you tons of time when reapplying your JB tweaks.

-Restore to 7.1.2
    -Jailbreak
    -Restore from Backup
    -Sync Music/Apps
    -Restore from PkgBackup
    DONE!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-07-01), menard_00 (2014-07-02)

Pangu crashed while jailbreaking. It took 3 hours for me to restore for iCloud backup and now I have to do it again because I can't download anything from the App Store

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone know if Xcon is still working? Some tweaks are 'must have' for me.

Wow really, I stated this last Monday when pangu was released

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Pangu crashed while jailbreaking. It took 3 hours for me to restore for iCloud backup and now I have to do it again because I can't download anything from the App Store

PKGBackup doesnt work.

Gainesville, FL (The Swamp, only Gators get out ALIVE!!)
    Thanks

Please does anyone know ( i apologize if i missed it) if the Pangu jailbreak prevents OTA updates like evasi0n did? all my stuff is jailbroken on 7.1.1 and quite frankly i lack the enthusiasm to restore/update again and jailbreak again.....

It worked for me, I hate to delete a file with iFile to get it to work though. From the FAQ on the PKGBackup website

The workaround is (in most cases) to reset dropbox:
    a. Using SSH, connect to your device & issue command:
    rm -rf /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.pragmatixconsulting.packagebackup.plist
    rm -rf /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.pragmatixconsulting.packagebackup.plist
    OR
    b. Using iFile, navigate to folder /var/mobile/Library/Preferences and remove file:
    com.pragmatixconsulting.packagebackup.plist
    do the same after going into folder /var/root/Library/Preferences

22. The Following User Says Thank You to GrandMstrBud For This Useful Post:

xWalmartCandyx (2014-07-03)

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

is there a list year of compatible jailbreak tweaks?

I think I seen a list out there somewhere not sure where. I don't use a whole lot myself, PKGBackup, 3G unrestrictor, OpenSSH, and mobile terminal all work.

PKGBackup works on 7.1.2? i never have used it. does it backup all your tweaks and such?

Quote Originally Posted by fitti28 View Post
    PKGBackup works on 7.1.2? i never have used it. does it backup all your tweaks and such?
    I was wondering the same thing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast