Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pangu Jailbreak Not Patched in Recently-released iOS 7.1.2

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I totally forgotten about pkgbackup.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

I updated to 7.1 last nite, did the pangu JB, restored from pkgBU with a previously saved BU. I even got my homedesign screenlayouts back. It was perfect.

Then I blocked my lockscreen with an if found icon- it was blocking a number in my passcode, and I couldn't enter my passcode to unlock.

So I DFU'd to restore to the now 7.1.2. I had to do that twice- first time it stalled halfway after the hour download.
    The 2nd attempt did the restore.

Then I used Pangu to JB. It failed twice. The 3rd time I changed the usb port and it finally showed jailbreak done.

Restore didn't go as painless as with 7.1. My stock phone app kept force closing- after I took the time to recover everything. I needed to restore again to fix it. Recovering all my stuff- cydia apps and app store went OK. Pkg BU works fine as long as you have a good back up- did't restore from address book. It did work from dropbox.

Phone app works fine now. Springboard layout was a bust, but as soon as I added my layouts to homedesigner it fell into place. I think everything is as it was. Just a lot of apps not working- all control center apps from cydia- they all booted me into safe mode when CC was opened. So - it was a pain in the butt- however, I think it will be much better when all the devs update their apps in Cydia.

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moi1970 View Post
    Having only just updated to 7.1.1 and JB then reapplying my cydia apps (2+ hours), does anyone know if its possible to do the OTA update to 7.1.2 which possibly i guess might keep the JB or if not after the OTA has been applied, re-run Panju?

Just trying to cut out a long winded full update to 7.1.2 in itunes, restore and lots of Cydia work

I download OpenBackUp from the Cydia store and it put my apps, tweaks and sources back on my phone after updating to ios 7.1.2. I had to run Pangu again after updating. Took no more than 10 minutes to get everything back to how I had it.

you would recommend OpenBackup? i have never used before

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fitti28 View Post
    you would recommend OpenBackup? i have never used before
    I've been using it since the iOS 7 jailbreak came out last year and haven't had any problems.

oh ok sweet. i was looking for something like this. i hate having to everytime redo everything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fitti28 View Post
    oh ok sweet. i was looking for something like this. i hate having to everytime redo everything.
    It has definitely saved me some time. If you have everything already installed just back it up with OpenBackUP and it will save it. I back everything up every 6-12 hours in case I download a new tweak

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post
    It has definitely saved me some time. If you have everything already installed just back it up with OpenBackUP and it will save it. I back everything up every 6-12 hours in case I download a new tweak

I tried to send you this message: First I backed my phone up to iTunes and icloud. Then I updated my phone to 7.1.2. Next I downloaded the Pangu software from the evasion website. The app is written in Chinese so I watched a YouTube video to make sure I was installing it correctly. Once Pangu installed Cydia I started downloading my tweaks and added my sources. Once that was finished I open up OpenBackUp and backed everything up. That saved my cydia tweaks, sources and apps.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using ModMyi
    Last edited by StaceyMJ86; 2014-07-01 at 06:18 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

I'm glad to hear OpenBackup is working again! I tried using it when going from iOS 6 to 7 and it screwed some things up. Zokunei (from MMI) has built in some neat features that PkgBackup doesn't do.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TwinSouls View Post
    PKGBackup doesnt work.
    PkgBackup worked fine for me no issues the jailbreak went smooth if you follow the guide closely

Is updating worth it? All the time? I don't want to lose springtomize and bitesms and other tweaks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ca3sar View Post
    Is updating worth it? All the time? I don't want to lose springtomize and bitesms and other tweaks.
    I think it's worth upgrading bitesms works fine haven't installed springtomize yet.

Thanks

I must update my iPhone4(5.1.1) to 7.1.2 before Apple releases 7.1.3 why can't they ever leave my iPhone 4 alone as their not supporting it after iOS 7.leave the iPhone 4 forever to be Jailbreakable.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you are to jailbreak or already jailbroken, NEVER update over the air. PERIOD.
    Always download the ipsw for your correct device and use thru iTunes. It is more stable; quicker; and saves a headache full of problems. In fact, if you are not JB'ed, it is always best not to update over the air. Why go thru that and have the problems and conflicts later on?

I just jailbroken to 7.1.2 and reinstalled my apps. The only thing I can't use right now is IntelliScreen X. Not compatible with 7.1.1 or 7.1.2. But the rest of my apps like BiteSMS, etc is fine.
    Last edited by moveandstore; 2014-07-01 at 06:58 PM.

do OTA updates even work on a JB device with Pangu anyway? not that I would update this way, however when checking for new software updates on a Pangu JB'ed iPhone 5s with 7.1.1... I constantly get the "Checking for Update..." spinning circle and it does not find any new update... just hangs there indefinitely.

Help. I can't update or restore my iPhone 5s.
    Tried DFU mode. And tried iTunes logo with cable. No joy.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryLong View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it. Apple will most likely release 7.1.3 sooner or later to patch the current jb exploits.
    I doubt Apple would issue an update solely for the purpose of patching a jailbreak, unless the jailbreak is using a security exploit (which i don't think it is).

Quote Originally Posted by cyberjunkyfreak View Post
    do OTA updates even work on a JB device with Pangu anyway? not that I would update this way, however when checking for new software updates on a Pangu JB'ed iPhone 5s with 7.1.1... I constantly get the "Checking for Update..." spinning circle and it does not find any new update... just hangs there indefinitely.
    No, I wouldn't recommend something like that, It you try, I guess, you will get an infinite loop.....

You cant get into DFU mode?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDLewis321 View Post
    Help. I can't update or restore my iPhone 5s.
    Tried DFU mode. And tried iTunes logo with cable. No joy.
    There is no real DFU mode on 5S. All you can get is that iTunes logo with cable...

If at first you don't succeed try and try again. PkgB shows no errors for 7.1.2 thru Cydia.

Tried to upload a photo but the new app won't let me. Hmmm. Never had that happen b4, maybe they are still working out the bugs.

I believe iDB has a list of comparable tweaks for 7.1.x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast