Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Properly Removing PPSync From Your iOS 7.1/iOS 7.1.1 Device After Jailbreaking With Pangu

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Don't see PPSync installed via Expert mode neither...

Same here, as I looked for it also.

My iPhone is a Part of Me abbdc1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 418 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Don't see PPSync installed via Expert mode neither...

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    same here, I search all my phone for it ... iPhone 5s

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I love the fact that this jailbreak treats me like a adult, and gives me the option, should I choose, to use ...god forbid... Piracy. Who would of thought it would be Chinese hackers who brought us true freedom, and not force their own morals on us as modmyi does.
    El Zurdo

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Default Properly Removing PPSync From Your iOS 7.1/iOS 7.1.1 Device After Jailbreakin...
    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    I love the fact that this jailbreak treats me like a adult, and gives me the option, should I choose, to use ...god forbid... Piracy. Who would of thought it would be Chinese hackers who brought us true freedom, and not force their own morals on us as modmyi does.
    You may do what you wish with your phone. That right has always been yours from the beginning. You just can't talk about that freedom here and push immoral activity on others as if it were a good thing. Be free, child, be free!

And for your "education", the Chinese are the most notorious intellectual-property thieves in the world. They're hardly an example to me for anything. And they shouldn't be for you either. Wise up.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-06-25 at 06:03 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2014-06-26), novadam (2014-06-25), SilverWulfe (2014-06-27)

Quote Originally Posted by juanc723 View Post
    Yup i was viewing in it in expert and no ppsync there. Perhaps its not installing if box was not click and there are some missed information
    No, it definitely installed on my 4S after I had unchecked the box. And then again on a 5S a few hours later.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    You may do what you wish with your phone. That right has always been yours from the beginning. You just can't talk about that freedom here and push immoral activity on others as if it were a good thing. Be free, child, be free!

And for your "education", the Chinese are the most notorious intellectual-property thieves in the world. They're hardly an example to me for anything. And they shouldn't be for you either. Wise up.
    Piracy isn't necessarily an immoral activity. It's just illegal in most places. The morality of it is up for debate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    Piracy isn't necessarily an immoral activity. It's just illegal in most places. The morality of it is up for debate.
    Actually it's not illegal in most places in the world except US.. But it's 'always' an immoral activity - because it's stealing - by definition. Now if you want to make the case that stealing has times when it's not 'immoral'. Be my guest.

Actually it's not illegal in most places in the world except US.. But it's 'always' an immoral activity - because it's stealing - by definition. Now if you want to make the case that stealing has times when it's not 'immoral'. Be my guest.
    Actually it's not stealing by definition. Stealing removes the original object while piracy makes a copy. It's not stealing in layman's terms or the law (at least in the US). In the US there's a clear difference between theft and 'copyright' infringement. Piracy is really it's own thing and I believe there's times when it is 'immoral' and times when it isn't. Again though, that's up for debate and I would consider reasoning against that.

Default Properly Removing PPSync From Your iOS 7.1/iOS 7.1.1 Device After Jailbreakin...
    Nvm
    Last edited by altoiddealer; 2014-06-26 at 12:15 AM.

Thanks

Actually it's not stealing by definition. Stealing removes the original object while piracy makes a copy. It's not stealing in layman's terms or the law (at least in the US). In the US there's a clear difference between theft and 'copyright' infringement.
    An artificial semantic one. The fines and criminal charges are of the same magnitude as criminal thievery. New legal precedents equate them practically synonymous. Read up, my friend.
    Piracy is really it's own thing and I believe there's times when it is 'immoral' and times when it isn't. Again though, that's up for debate and I would consider reasoning against that.
    I guess the Robin Hood 'steal from the rich an give to the poor', as in Unlocking your phone and getting free roaming from the carriers, would qualify for you as this 'moral stealing'?

I dont see the tweak.

Livin the iPhone Life pnunez1310's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan1683 View Post
    I dont see the tweak.

you have to download the repo 1st

can someone help i installed the tweak and i still see the pp app on my phone. what else can i do

And yet, modmyi will continue to allow discussion of apps that allow you to save streaming songs from different sources. I just love hypocrisy.

Is it ok to install the repo from angelxwind before jailbreak or just wait till after jailbreak then install repo

An artificial semantic one. The fines and criminal charges are of the same magnitude as criminal thievery. New legal precedents equate them practically synonymous. Read up, my friend. I guess the Robin Hood 'steal from the rich an give to the poor', as in Unlocking your phone and getting free roaming from the carriers, would qualify for you as this 'moral stealing'?
    Though it's not purely a semantic difference, nothing is being taken away from the original creator through piracy. If you would not be able to afford things anyway I would justify piracy in those cases. Nothing is being taken away from the creator, and nothing would have been given to them with the other option. I also agree with piracy in the case of testing. I can see pirating very expensive commercial software for personal non-commercial use, such as maybe making a video for a small club. There's also textbook piracy where prices are usually artificially high due to monopolies.

I see piracy as bad when it crosses into the plagiarism boundary. If one person uses music or software from another without permission to package with their own things, especially without credit, or when its done for commercial purposes. If you have the means to support all the software and entertainment you would like to consume and you don't then I see piracy as bad. Music not always, I don't see a problem with pirating a bunch of music and then paying to see an artist live and supporting them that way.

For me it's much more the reasoning behind the pirating which dictates whether I support it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by spice_weasel View Post
    And yet, modmyi will continue to allow discussion of apps that allow you to save streaming songs from different sources. I just love hypocrisy.
    It's fine to discuss, but it's not fine to offer assistance.

Discussion of this topic is a gray area here. In this case, we're talking about removing something that users don't need.

On the other hand, it's not okay to tell users how and what to do to pirate applications here. That is to be kept off of these forums.

There is no hypocrisy here. Just follow the rules, and more importantly, the law. That is our goal here in aiding people to remove this shady package.

Quote Originally Posted by Dgow452 View Post
    Is it ok to install the repo from angelxwind before jailbreak or just wait till after jailbreak then install repo
    You need to be jailbroken to add this repo in the first place. So jailbreak your device with Pangu, and THEN use this package to remove all traces of PPSync from your device.

Actually it's not stealing by definition. Stealing removes the original object while piracy makes a copy. It's not stealing in layman's terms or the law (at least in the US). In the US there's a clear difference between theft and 'copyright' infringement. Piracy is really it's own thing and I believe there's times when it is 'immoral' and times when it isn't. Again though, that's up for debate and I would consider reasoning against that.
    It really doesn't matter. It's not lawful. So we're not going to defend it here!

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    We suggest the legal and right thing to do!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-06-26 at 06:10 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2014-06-26), Simon (2014-06-26)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It really doesn't matter. It's not lawful. So we're not going to defend it here!
    Of course, a website such as this should be supporting the official stance of the law. The topic was brought up though so I just wanted to point out that it's not a black and white circumstance, though there are other websites where this debate would be more appropriately placed.

EDIT: Does this site email at every edit to a post you're quoted in? I got four emails telling me you replied to this thread.

Thanks

Though it's not purely a semantic difference, nothing is being taken away from the original creator through piracy. If you would not be able to afford things anyway I would justify piracy in those cases. Nothing is being taken away from the creator, and nothing would have been given to them with the other option. I also agree with piracy in the case of testing. I can see pirating very expensive commercial software for personal non-commercial use, such as maybe making a video for a small club. There's also textbook piracy where prices are usually artificially high due to monopolies.
    This is all rationalization and you'd lose horribly even in the simplest of high school debates. Piracy INDEED takes something from the creator: their ability to collect a fee from you - to make their living. You're STEALING their ability to make a living. When you walk into a store and 'leave' with a product without paying for it - that's Stealing. You're not arguing against that. When you hack into a computer delivery system and avert the copy protection schemes - it is still 'stealing'. If you can't see the 1:1 correlation - then I can't make you see even the most basic of ethical principles. In the eyes of the law -stealing product and piracy are identical and ethically/morally no different than shoplifting. I won't go round and round in a circular argument with you. On this issue you're just plain wrong in your understanding. It's a lack of education in the areas of law and ethics. Trust me - you're not alone.

We are not born with the 'civil right', in any country in the world, to be able to 'use/take something for personal use' that we can't afford. Well... maybe in China...
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-06-26 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Of course, a website such as this should be supporting the official stance of the law. The topic was brought up though so I just wanted to point out that it's not a black and white circumstance, though there are other websites where this debate would be more appropriately placed.

EDIT: Does this site email at every edit to a post you're quoted in? I got four emails telling me you replied to this thread.
    You can change that in your usercp. Click the settings link at the top right of the page^

I see piracy as bad when it crosses into the plagiarism boundary. If one person uses music or software from another without permission to package with their own things, especially without credit, or when its done for commercial purposes. If you have the means to support all the software and entertainment you would like to consume and you don't then I see piracy as bad. Music not always, I don't see a problem with pirating a bunch of music and then paying to see an artist live and supporting them that way.

For me it's much more the reasoning behind the pirating which dictates whether I support it or not.
    Subject aside, I'm with Gamemaster77 on this one. He makes a compelling argument and presents himself as an adult.
    NewdestinyX-- "wise up," "read up,"... these things do not make you appear educated. Even if your point is sound, you may lose an argument as a result of these unrelated wise cracks alone.

Anyway. ON topic-- it appears as though this package has been removed from the noted source. I have found it listed on a couple of other repos though, so it's still out there...
    Last edited by BluScreen; 2014-06-27 at 05:28 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast