Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How is the Pangu iOS 7.1/iOS 7.1.1 Jailbreak Working for You?

Default How is the Pangu iOS 7.1/iOS 7.1.1 Jailbreak Working for You?
    Done mine last night iPhone 5s and nearly all the stuff I used before works bar 2 so very happy. Also it will take awhile to update all the tweaks again etc so I'm patient but apart from that big thumbs up from me

Recently done my iPad too which works fine

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Last edited by SicSyco; 2014-06-24 at 08:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    I just updated my up jailbroken ipad with retina (4) this weekend only to discover the wonderful news yesterday! It worked after a few tries during which I apparently unlocked the device too early. After updating to 7.1.1 my ipad seems much more responsive, so I'm stoked!

My question is this: to update my jailbroken iPhone 5 gsm on 7.0.6, will the tweaks and all be there after I jailbreak again, or will I need to do it all over? I seem to remember the tweaks and such remaining, but don't recall.
    Or you can try Pkgbackup from Cydia to see if that'll reload everything. In gonna use that later today on my ip5S

It's working great for me on my iP5 on 7.1.1 aside from the few tweaks that are not currently compatible. But most of my tweaks are comparable or partially comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Anyone successfully jailbreak an iPhone 5 GSM with iOS 7.1.1 yet?

I'm curious of this, as I've heard there could be some drama with this specific device combination. I'd like to confirm.
    I'm using a T-Mobile iP5 on 7.1.1 with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You sure you have the a1428 model? Should say on the back of your phone.
    I have that model and it's jailbroken with no problems.
    Last edited by TonyVee73; 2014-06-24 at 08:39 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyVee73 For This Useful Post:

Simon (2014-06-24)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't see any reason to update to this. More trouble than it's worth and I'm guessing a bunch of tweaks will be incompatible.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Jailbroken on iPhone 5 at the first attempt all went smooth I've seen seen great improvement with battery life and the device works faster than before. I really wish lockdown pro,intelliscreen x7,Icaughtu pro,social duplicator etc are support soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mwhite67 View Post
    I don't see any reason to update to this. More trouble than it's worth and I'm guessing a bunch of tweaks will be incompatible.
    There is absolutely no reason to update a 7.0.6 or lower jailbreak but not everyone has the luxury of being on 7.0.x. If you bought a new phone recently or had to get a replacement from Apple, it'll be on 7.1+.

Has anyone done this with an OTA updated version or do we still need to restore first?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,051 Posts

Same as any new JB, it will take time for the devs to update their tweaks. Just because the developers of this JB are unknown doesn't mean it's a bad JB, at one time the evaders were all unknown. If you don't want to update to be on the latest firmware jail broken and stay on evasion then that's your choice, however if you are on 7.1 and above and want a jailbreak then the tool is there for you, it's up to you if you want to wait for iOS 8 JB, who knows how long that will take.

Remember evasion shipped with a Chinese App Store at Christmas time before the uproar, at least you can opt out of pp25 by unpicking it.

Sent from my iPad using ModMyi

After downloading the program again and restoring my phone it finally worked

as soon as I saw the article on ModMyI I took the plunge and rushed to install it, after all I have been waiting since February when an accident forced me to update to 7.1, I have been waiting and watching daily for the news after all an iPhone you cant customize is very boring and not much fun! anyway, I did the install in under 10 minutes following the directions supplied, it was flawless and easy, you just need to be patient as there are a few times the screen blanked out and stayed off for a minute before coming back on and being ready to go, but other than that it was just as the directions said, I jailbroke my 4s on 7.1 and now love my iPhone again!

whats more is that the accident that forced the update to 7.1 actually held all my old tweaks and apps from 7.0.4 in the background (I knew it was there looking at iTunes you could see the old jailbreak partition was very large, just not available, but now I can see all the files again, once I installed iWidget to the new jailbreak I had all my widgets available and all the settings were there too! as I install my tweaks again I find that all the settings are already set to the way I had it before I lost the jailbreak on 7.0.4! I think if I can figure out how to set an icon from ifile to the springboard I may not have to re-install at all, well maybe some.

I also find that a few tweaks like Cydget are not installing because they don't like 7.1, says "sorry, iOS version must be <7.1" or something very close to that. but still a great easy worry free Jailbreak!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

This happens to my iPhone 5 every time I try it. Tried it 6 times now on 2 different computers:

Updated to 7.1.1 and Jb'en for the last 24hrs. 7.1.1 itself seems so much better. I don't mind using the vanilla OS until devs make their tweaks compatible with 7.1.1. Would suggest everyone to hit 7.1.1 while they can. All tweaks will be made compatible, so there's no point holding back.

Thanks

Did it yesterday. Other than the non-compatible stuff, so far so good. iPhone 5 on TMobile.

I`m test JB as the reason of very poor battery life ( iP5S Global). After JB phone is more quicker and battery during the day looks very well. I`m get back all my tweaks except UniTint. All animations work without bugs or crashes.

Cool Jailbreaking the 5S
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Anyone successfully jailbreak an iPhone 5 GSM with iOS 7.1.1 yet?

I'm curious of this, as I've heard there could be some drama with this specific device combination. I'd like to confirm.
    Yes, did mine last night after came home from work with Pangu Jailbreaking Tools without any problems. I just follow one of the video tutorials on how to because due to it was in Chinese and it works great!!!!! Most of the tweaks that I usually used are working fine for me..... Happy ending until the release of the 4.7' iPhone 6 or Air with IOS 8.....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BUcLAo69 For This Useful Post:

Llstefan (2014-06-24)

This happens to my iPhone 5 every time I try it. Tried it 6 times now on 2 different computers:
    I believe I had that same issue too, at least the blue screen part, and I turned off passcode, restored again, re-jailbreak and it was fine.

But I'm sure you already turned off passcode as mentioned.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    I believe I had that same issue too, at least the blue screen part, and I turned off passcode, restored again, re-jailbreak and it was fine.

But I'm sure you already turned off passcode as mentioned.
    Yup, never had pass code on any of the times I have tried it. 3 different computers now, multiple restores, setting up as new and still get this every time.

I am planning to update my iPod Touch 5g on ios 6.1.2 (it's jailbroken of course) to ios 7.1.1 and rejailbreak it with the latest ios. Should i wait for ios 7.1.2 to be released because pangu works with that firmware, or should i just go ahead and jailbreak with 7.1.1?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,051 Posts

Why wait for 7.1.2? If it does JB it then it's all good but what if it doesn't?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Yup, never had pass code on any of the times I have tried it. 3 different computers now, multiple restores, setting up as new and still get this every time.
    Have you got it to work on any other devices?

Quote Originally Posted by xWalmartCandyx View Post
    I am planning to update my iPod Touch 5g on ios 6.1.2 (it's jailbroken of course) to ios 7.1.1 and rejailbreak it with the latest ios. Should i wait for ios 7.1.2 to be released because pangu works with that firmware, or should i just go ahead and jailbreak with 7.1.1?
    Nothing's guaranteed that it'll work w/ 7.1.2. This IS guaranteed! I'd do it now and if 7.1.2 is jailbroken, then update and rejailbreak. My two cents
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-06-24 at 11:04 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast