Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should You Jailbreak Your iOS 7.1/iOS 7.1.1 Device With Pangu? 7 Things to Consider

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,051 Posts

I h8snow has a device (ip5S) running 7.1.2 according to a screen sho the posted in twitter and has confirmed this will work on 7.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Matthews436 View Post
    I h8snow has a device (ip5S) running 7.1.2 according to a screen sho the posted in twitter and has confirmed this will work on 7.1.2
    Yep
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 2014-06-25 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockyseay View Post
    It's a difference between being skeptical and having bigotries moron. And calling China a sketchy country when the US is the king of corruptions is funny. So how about you chill with your bs comments.

1 + 2 = 5
    LMFAO. When the race card fails, play the bigot card. Is that what they are teaching kids in high school/college these days? And the sissification of the American youth continues.

Now, let's have some fun. You say that people that don't trust this jailbreak feel that way because it didn't come from an American. Do you have any idea where Pod2g or I0n1c live? Didn't think so. Now, I know you are a l33t hacker because you are able to run a program on your phone, then run other prewritten programs to perform the mods you want. Ever write any type of hack code. I used to code D*V, you?

Now, into the real world. Ever monitor a business class firewall and watch where the constant stream of attacks come from? Clearly I must be a racist/bigot(or whatever it will be next week when the perpetually butthurt liberals figure out that once again, they used it at so many inappropriate times that it no longer holds any meaning) because I use geo ip blocking to reject incoming and outgoing connections to the vast majority of the world. Has nothing to do with the fact that there is no reason for my employees to go a website outside of the country. Racist!! Bigot!!! Waaahhhhh!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spice_weasel For This Useful Post:

d1sposition (2014-06-26)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    This was confirmed yesterday that this jailbreak works with 7.1.2...
    Not that I don't think it will work with 7.1.2 but how would anyone know if it does if 7.1.2 isn't out yet?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2014-06-26), Durb1n (2014-06-26), mcooper (2014-06-26)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Not that I don't think it will work with 7.1.2 but how would anyone know if it does if 7.1.2 isn't out yet?
    Check ih8snows time line, he has shown a picture of his 5S running 7.1.2 😳

Default Should You Jailbreak Your iOS 7.1/iOS 7.1.1 Device With Pangu? 7 Things to ...
    Or check my screen shot from Monday. I believe its in the instructions guide. Mine is running just fine with it as stated Monday. I don't think anyone paid attention or noticed and when I try to message mod/admin it gets ignored.

https://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/838299-how-jailbreak-your-ios-7-1-7-1-x-device-pangu-1-0-a-%thread_page%-print.html
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 2014-06-26 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
    What would you say are the chances that 7.1.2 would be jailbreakable? In other words, what would you say are the chances that Apple finds the exploits in time to patch them before releasing 7.1.2?

As with all upgrades, I hate losing everything I've so meticulously installed and tweaked to my liking... I heard the 7.1 upgrade was supposed to be great for battery life, so I'm most anxious to upgrade my iPad, as I'm getting horrible battery life on it... If I knew for sure that I'd be able to jailbreak 7.1.2, I'd wait, but I feel like I shouldn't risk it... Any thoughts?
    Just upgrade to 7.1.1 now and wait to see if 7.1.2 is jailbreakable. If not JB on 7.1.1.

Thanks

Or check my screen shot from Monday. I believe its in the instructions guide. Mine is running just fine with it as stated Monday. I don't think anyone paid attention or noticed and when I try to message mod/admin it gets ignored.

https://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/838299-how-jailbreak-your-ios-7-1-7-1-x-device-pangu-1-0-a-%thread_page%-print.html

Believe everything you see huh? Ooh magic:

ImageUploadedByModMyi1403787456.639633.jpg

Playing with systemversion.plist is fun huh?

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It wasn't a system.plist edit that he provided as proof.

Any fool can do that as you have just proven.

Still 7.1.2 only addresses a few bugs and according to reputable sources it is almost ready for release (possibly tomorrow) so it is extremely unlikely that it will close the Vulns used for this JB unless they hold it back

Thanks

Default Should You Jailbreak Your iOS 7.1/iOS 7.1.1 Device With Pangu? 7 Things to ...
    It wasn't a system.plist edit that he provided as proof.

Any fool can do that as you have just proven.

Still 7.1.2 only addresses a few bugs and according to reputable sources it is almost ready for release (possibly tomorrow) so it is extremely unlikely that it will close the Vulns used for this JB unless they hold it back
    I did say already that I didn't think 7.1.2 would stop pangu. That wasn't the point. And unless ih8snow works for apple he does not have 7.1.2 and just changed his systemversion (or did some other way of changing it).

Maybe you should look at the conversation he was having with Surenix about it. They were obviously joking around with each other about showing off 7.1.2. Surenix showed off a pic of cydia where he obviously just changed his systemversion.plist and then ih8snow one upped him by faking that ssh window with it showing 7.1.2.

What more proof do you need? A screen shot of iTunes everyone will say photo shopped.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

http://modmyi.com/attachments/forums...-jailbreak.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 2014-06-26 at 04:36 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GrandMstrBud For This Useful Post:

Matthews436 (2014-06-26)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

In all honesty I couldn't care if it does or doesn't JB 7.1.2 my phone is running 7.1.1 with the JB but Pangu can JB iOS8 betas so logic would dictate that 7.1.2 which has been around longer than 8 beta 2 will indeed be Jailbreakable on release as they should be similar bar a few new apps.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll wait for the devs that I know and trust to release something for these FW's. I can only imagine that if this jb option is available then some other jb team will release a version of it....I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    How about a video of you restoring to 7.1.2?
    I don't have time to make a video of it at least not today. I put up a SSH screen shot but I'm sure I photo shopped that also...

MR didn't doubt me this much

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    I'll wait for the devs that I know and trust to release something for these FW's. I can only imagine that if this jb option is available then some other jb team will release a version of it....I hope!

No reputable dev will rewrite this JB due to them using an expired enterprise certificate. The next JB you are likely to see from @evaders will be iOS 8 probably around Christmas time after they have figured out how to JB the FW for the new iphone

Thanks

In all honesty I couldn't care if it does or doesn't JB 7.1.2 my phone is running 7.1.1 with the JB but Pangu can JB iOS8 betas so logic would dictate that 7.1.2 which has been around longer than 8 beta 2 will indeed be Jailbreakable on release as they should be similar bar a few new apps.
    Assuming 7.1.2 does come out this week I think it's safe to assume pangu won't be patched. If history is any indication it normally takes at least a few weeks after a jailbreak comes out for Apple to patch it, sometimes longer. I was never disputing that claim.

I don't have time to make a video of it at least not today. I put up a SSH screen shot but I'm sure I photo shopped that also...

MR didn't doubt me this much
    I'm sure you will have time to make a video of it tomorrow after 7.1.2 really comes out though huh? Assuming it does come out tomorrow of course.

This is something else, I guess making a video would cut into my photoshop time.....

1.43 GB (1,541,699,106 bytes)

File size of 5S GSM 7.1.2 (11D257) or are those my winning lottery numbers?

Thanks

This is something else, I guess making a video would cut into my photoshop time.....

1.43 GB (1,541,699,106 bytes)

File size of 5S GSM 7.1.2 (11D257) or are those my winning lottery numbers?
    Could be. I'd rather play these lottery numbers 4815162342.

Seriously though, if you are really saying you have 7.1.2 firmware just PM me a link to it. That will convince me too. Showing pictures and referencing a twitter timeline from two people joking with each other just won't do it sorry.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Why does he need to convince you of anything and what reason do you have to doubt him? The man says he is on 7.1.2, that's good enough for me. Whether he is or not is of no consequence to me (or you) as it's not available to the masses.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Matthews436 For This Useful Post:

GrandMstrBud (2014-06-26)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast