Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 72

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Should You Jailbreak Your iOS 7.1/iOS 7.1.1 Device With Pangu? 7 Things to Consider

  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    121
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Tha last known jb evasi0n if I remember correctly came preloaded with this same piracy store or whatever it is called the dev accepted a donation or something and added this but was later removed with an update so the jailbreak coming with the preloaded piracy thing shouldn't make anyone who cannot do what the devs are doing think that it's not trusted.we shouldn't always be in our comfort zone thinking everything must be in English before we accept it as being legit.lets begin to accept the good work of others who are burning their time doing these for free


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  2. #22
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    California (Central Valley)
    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    We'll i jailbroke my iPad air 7.1.1
    I did not do a fresh restore because the unit was shipped with 7.1.1
    Process took about 3min
    Very easy with guide
    I did not uncheck the square
    Along with cydia, PPHelper was installed
    It's kinda like app cake or appaddict
    But seems to be: faster, more database of apps, and ad free.
    Only downfall is it's all in Chinese.
    So ic0ns are your guide to using that third party app
    Thanks for advising us on this new jailbrake, I was set to wait till the fal when ios8 was released.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyseay View Post
    We already have the go ahead from people we trust. So what makes it different this time? Oh that's right, the dev is not American this time. We are biased for NO good reason.


    1 + 2 = 5
    Well that's one way of looking at it but hey if I was the blog writer I would say proceed with caution


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  4. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by godfred212 View Post
    Tha last known jb evasi0n if I remember correctly came preloaded with this same piracy store or whatever it is called the dev accepted a donation or something and added this but was later removed with an update so the jailbreak coming with the preloaded piracy thing shouldn't make anyone who cannot do what the devs are doing think that it's not trusted.we shouldn't always be in our comfort zone thinking everything must be in English before we accept it as being legit.lets begin to accept the good work of others who are burning their time doing these for free


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Thank you! Someone is speaking with some sense.


    1 + 2 = 5

  5. #25
    My iPhone is a Part of Me abbdc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    682
    Thanks
    2,324
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 418 Posts

    I just did to my iPhone 5s with no problems, u have the option to select or not the pangu store to be installed with Cydia..
    but the bad things comes when I hit Cydia and try to install my fav tweaks and then a lot of crushes. That's cos no tweaks at the moment to support iOS 7.1.1
    Anyway I'm happy, some tweaks are working


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyseay View Post
    Thank you! Someone is speaking with some sense.


    1 + 2 = 5
    I agree but proceed with caution


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  7. #27
    Jail breaking is a waiting game for tools to be developed later. There is no reason to jailbreak yet. Unless you wish to upgrade to the latest iOS version 7.1.1 for some reason. The tools for iOS 7.0.4 and 7.0.6 are just coming to the peak of their effective use and availability.

  8. #28
    I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    843
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 112 Times in 83 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rockyseay View Post
    This Jailbreak is fine. If you follow the guides posted then you have no worries. Stop being racist people. Yes you are in a way. The only reason anyone here is questioning whether this jailbreak is safe or not is because it came from the Chinese. Jesus I can't stand people like that. I mean go ahead and wait 5 months on the dev team then.
    Are you kidding? Interesting how you play the race card right away. If anyone is a bigot & a racist it is you, and you just proved it. China has a long record of selling/providing tainted food and cheap junk products that kill & maim people & animals. Defective Chinese products have touched me personally as I lost a dog to Chinese wheat gluten. They will do/sell anything to make a buck. Take your rants and stick them where the sun don't shine. It is people like you who bring down your race.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to luvmytj For This Useful Post:

    lilpetabread (2014-06-24)

  10. #29
    My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA + Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    653
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 128 Times in 87 Posts

    The author is telling us to wait for 7.1.2 to see if that is jailbreakable. Why is there no mention that waiting for a new OS means that the signing window closes the second a new release is out. That means that if 7.1.2 is not jailbreakable, then we won't have a way to go back and jailbreak 7.1.1.

  11. #30
    What makes me wait is because first of all, every jailbreak tool that i have heard of came with language translations, and this one doesn't. Second of all, we have never heard of these hackers and we don't know if they did a good job making the software so they may have messed up on this software somehow and cause bugs on your idevice. None of this sounds legit to me, so i'll wait for a well-known hacker to come out with jailbreak software that uses the same exploit.

  12. #31
    My battery took a huge hit upgrading to 7.1.1 and jailbreaked it. I even see something loading in the background (in the status bar), even after killing all apps.

  13. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    The author is telling us to wait for 7.1.2 to see if that is jailbreakable. Why is there no mention that waiting for a new OS means that the signing window closes the second a new release is out. That means that if 7.1.2 is not jailbreakable, then we won't have a way to go back and jailbreak 7.1.1.
    Assuming you're on iOS 7.1.1 already, then it shouldn't make a difference. If you're jailbroken on iOS 7.0-7.0.6 already, then there's no reason to upgrade except for the security improvements.

    It was discovered that Pangu has code in it already waiting for iOS 7.1.2 to be released, and since it's a minor update, the chances of Pangu being patched are slim.

    Exercise caution.

  14. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyseay View Post
    This Jailbreak is fine. If you follow the guides posted then you have no worries. Stop being racist people. Yes you are in a way. The only reason anyone here is questioning whether this jailbreak is safe or not is because it came from the Chinese. Jesus I can't stand people like that. I mean go ahead and wait 5 months on the dev team then.
    Racist?! You're an IDIOT. Being skeptical about a jailbreak that came from a sketchy country has nothing to do with racism. Chill with that race card BS.

  15. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by d1sposition View Post
    Racist?! You're an IDIOT. Being skeptical about a jailbreak that came from a sketchy country has nothing to do with racism. Chill with that race card BS.
    Well said


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  16. #35
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jaw'Ja
    Posts
    596
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 88 Times in 67 Posts

    Is package backup compatible so we can easily re-install our jailbreaks. Mainly, I don't want to have to move all my icons again as stock iOS doesn't keep them in order.

  17. #36
    Green Apple systememp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    I like easy jailbreaks where you don't have to backup, restore and DFU mode stuff. Remember back with iOS 3 or 4 where you opened Safari and typed in jailbreakme.com? Easy peasy!


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  18. #37
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by d1sposition View Post
    Racist?! You're an IDIOT. Being skeptical about a jailbreak that came from a sketchy country has nothing to do with racism. Chill with that race card BS.
    It's a difference between being skeptical and having bigotries moron. And calling China a sketchy country when the US is the king of corruptions is funny. So how about you chill with your bs comments.


    1 + 2 = 5

  19. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyseay View Post
    It's a difference between being skeptical and having bigotries moron. And calling China a sketchy country when the US is the king of corruptions is funny. So how about you chill with your bs comments.


    1 + 2 = 5
    Yeah, there is a difference and you obviously cannot discern the difference between the two. I bet if a jailbreak surfaced from North Korea you'd call everyone a racist for being skeptical about it... SMH.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  20. #39
    Though I have installed AFC2Add but still can't see system files using iTools. is there any solution guys?

  21. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by yohu123 View Post
    Yes they have as mentioned below:
    4. iOS 7.1.2 is On the Horizon

    You should also consider that iOS 7.1.2 is coming out soon, and Pangu reportedly already has code that should be ready to jailbreak iOS 7.1.2 when it's out. iOS 7.1.2 is an upcoming firmware release that will fix an issue with e-mail attachment encryption and a Lock Screen bypassing glitch. Since this update is right on the horizon and Pangu is expected to be compatible with this update, we would recommend waiting until iOS 7.1.2 is released before you even attempt the jailbreak, that way you're on the latest jailbreakable firmware (assuming that it CAN be jailbroken, of course).
    This was confirmed yesterday that this jailbreak works with 7.1.2...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •