Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW TO] Jailbreak Your iOS 7.1/7.1.x Device With Pangu 1.0

Default [HOW TO] Jailbreak Your iOS 7.1/7.1.x Device With Pangu 1.0

On Monday, a group of Chinese hackers released a new jailbreak tool called Pangu that could jailbreak any iOS device running iOS 7.1 or iOS 7.1.1 untethered. In this guide, we'll take you through step-by-step for jailbreaking your device with Pangu version 1.0.

First off, Pangu 1.0 is compatible with the following devices running iOS 7.1 or iOS 7.1.1:

• iPhone 4
    • iPhone 4s
    • iPhone 5
    • iPhone 5c
    • iPhone 5s
    • iPad 2
    • iPad with retina display
    • iPad Air
    • iPad Mini
    • iPad Mini with retina display
    • iPod touch 5g

At this point in time Pangu is only compatible with Windows, but a Mac OS X version of the Pangu jailbreak tool is being worked on. To download the Pangu application for Windows, you can follow the following download link:

Pangu 1.0 for Windows

To make this jailbreak go as smoothly as possible, please disable your passcode!

When you download the application (Windows-only at this point in time), you will get an interface that looks like the one shown above. To start, you will want to un-check the checkbox in the middle of the application. This checkbox installs a third-party piracy application with Cydia, so un-checking it will prevent the jailbreak tool from installing the third-party piracy application (we recommend un-checking this box!)

Once un-checked, go ahead and plug in your iOS device, and you should see your device's name appear at the top of the application. In our case, we're using an iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1.1, so the application shows, "iPhone 3,1 iOS 7.1.1."

Once you've confirmed that your device has been recognized, you can go ahead and click on the black button with the four question marks on it to begin the jailbreak process.

The next thing that will happen is the jailbreak tool will tell you that you need to go to Settings>General>Date & Time and turn off "Set Automatically." You will need to set the date to "June 2nd" for the jailbreak tool to move on to the next step:

Once you've set the date manually, Pangu will start with the jailbreak process:

After a few moments, you will notice a new "Pangu" application icon on your Home Screen. You will need to open this application for the jailbreak tool to go any further. You will be prompted on whether or not you're sure you want to launch the application, and if so, it will launch and tell you to leave the application open:

Do not touch your device at this point in time. Just let it sit. It can take a few minutes for the tool to go through the jailbreak process. When the device is ready, it will respring on its own. Do not attempt to disconnect the device, or close the Pangu application, as this will disturb the jailbreak process.

Once the device boots back up, unlock the device and let it sit once more. If it appears that application icons are missing, do not panic. Keep waiting, because the device will respring a second time.

After the second respring, your device should display Cydia on the Home Screen, and the Pangu application icon should be gone:

Congratulations! You are now jailbroken on your iOS 7.1/iOS 7.1.1 device!

Happy tweaking!

NOTE: Some jailbreak tweaks are not iOS 7.1/iOS 7.1.1-compatible yet due to some interface changes. Please bear with the developers as they work on compatibility!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J4KfX3xQMxM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-06-25 at 05:58 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

linkincyde (2014-06-24)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Jailbreak on ipad 3 was successful!!!

Works great
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -jailbreak.png  

Thanks

Thank You. Took about 3 mins on my iphone 5s 7.1.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone TT KH's Avatar
    Thanks

Lovely

A) am I the only one concerned about running a JB tool made by 'Chinese hackers' on my computer and on my iphone? (To paraphrase, 'all your iphone are belong to us')

B) can some translate all the Chinese?

C) they beat evad3rs? Or working with them?

OK, so I ended up with a Pingu Icon next to Cydia???? What the hell is that? It is the little Blue P icon that was in the lower right hand corner of the tool. The directions say nothing about that?
    Last edited by XenoSaber; 2014-06-24 at 01:57 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Worked like a champ on my son's iPad Mini Retina, hardest part was finding someone with a Windows Computer. lol
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-06-24 at 02:06 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (2014-06-24)

Worked perfectly on 2 iPad Air's and 2 iPhone 5's! Go to packages on Cydia if you want to remove the Chinese icon that was left from the jailbreak tool. Enjoy!

worked like a charm on iPhone 4s(ios 7.1) took about 7 min.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Worked like a champ on my son's iPad Mini Retina, hardest part was finding someone with a Windows Computer. lol
    Ha ha. Yeah worked perfectly on my iPad mini Retina

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2014-06-24)

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    Thank You. Took about 3 mins on my iphone 5s 7.1.1
    Anyone have issues with iCloud and backing up?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    No working form me , Iphone 5S iOS 7.1.1 I am using windows 8.1. It goes about half way thru then stops.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by raxal; 2014-06-24 at 02:45 AM.

Dude!,I just jailbroke my iPhone! But, none of the apps are supporting 7.1.1 😟

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

^One of the downfalls. Dev's may (hopefully) update for compatibility since this has been released.
    Although any new jailbreak is so appreciated, just hoping it doesn't close/give up to Apple any vulnerabilities for iOS 8 right around the corner.

Let's say I wanted to get iOS 8, could I just restore my phone and update it.. Or is the JB going to prevent me from doing so 😐

Damn what'd I miss?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gcruz View Post
    Let's say I wanted to get iOS 8, could I just restore my phone and update it.. Or is the JB going to prevent me from doing so ��

Updating your OS you will always loss the jailbreak. Wait to update to newer OS 'till a new jailbreak is released.

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Damn what'd I miss?
    The Chinese Devs dropped a new J/B buddy.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

EVO (2014-06-24), Gcruz (2014-06-24)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

I'll leave this here...

As they said. Give it a few days, the apps will eventually be updated.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to mrbaker1979 For This Useful Post:

Gcruz (2014-06-24)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast