Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Starbucks Rolling Out Wireless iPhone Charging for Customers

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Starbucks Rolling Out Wireless iPhone Charging for Customers

On Thursday morning, Duracell Powermat and coffee giant Starbucks announced that they have initiated a West Coast rollout of Powermat wireless charging in Starbucks stores.

The first stores to receive this capability are in the San Francisco Bay Area. But the expansion will spread East in the coming months. All told, the companies will bring Powermat - and the ability for iPhone users to wireless charge their devices at StarBucks - to additional major markets in 2015, with a full national rollout in Starbucks company-operated stores and Teavana Fine Teas + Tea Bars planned over time.

According to this morning's announcement, pilots in Europe and Asia are also expected before the close of 2014.

“From WiFi and the in-store Starbucks Digital Network to mobile payment and digital music downloads, we have always tried to anticipate our customers’ needs early in the adoption curve and provide a world-class solution," says Adam Brotman, chief digital officer at Starbucks. "We are thrilled to offer our customers that next level of convenience with Powermat wireless charging."

Source: Starbucks

Two giants working together,this will definitely ease the pain of the iphone battery problems.
    iPad Racing Wheel http://koloswheel.com/
    Thoughts [email protected]

I would like to see this. How does it work?

Thanks

Maybe the iPhone 6 will be wirelessly chargeable? I can't imagine how my 5 could charge like that.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I wouldn't want to put down my iphone in a public place, someone might steal it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by systememp View Post
    Maybe the iPhone 6 will be wirelessly chargeable? I can't imagine how my 5 could charge like that.

With those bulky *** cases

Hopefully it will be compatible with whatever Apple rolls into the next gen gear -- IF Apple rolls something out...
    If Apple doesn't (or it's not compatible), it's going to be pretty useless as there are several vendor solutions out there that are not compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
    With those bulky *** cases
    Yea. I see them having some case to throw on it for the iPhone 5/5s.

Sent from my Apple TV.

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    Hopefully it will be compatible with whatever Apple rolls into the next gen gear -- IF Apple rolls something out...
    If Apple doesn't (or it's not compatible), it's going to be pretty useless as there are several vendor solutions out there that are not compatible.
    Lol. Would be funny if they just focused on a watch and no new phone.

Sent from my Apple TV.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mlee19841 For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (2014-06-14)