Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'InCaseOf' Adds Emergency Information to Your Lock Screen for Emergency Personnel

Default 'InCaseOf' Adds Emergency Information to Your Lock Screen for Emergency Personnel

When it comes to getting emergency information to those who need it when something happens to you, such as when you're in a car accident, or when you're found passed out on the ground somewhere due to a medical condition, your iPhone might be one of the first things emergency personnel will use to try and identify you and find contact information for people close to you.

When a situation like this arises, if you have a passcode, they'll have to find different means of getting information from you, which can take much longer.

A new jailbreak tweak dubbed InCaseOf by iOS developer CP Digital Darkroom is now available in Cydia's BigBoss repository that aims to add as much useful emergency information to your Lock Screen as possible in order to make the jobs of these emergency personnel easier.

As shown above, the tweak adds a new button to the passcode Lock Screen labeled "I.C.E.," which stands for In Case of Emergency. Tapping on it brings up information such as your full name, address, date of birth, organ donor status, blood type information, allergy information, medical history information, emergency contact information, and more. All of these fields are configured from the new preferences pane in the Settings application:

InCaseOf takes a lot of design tips from the recently-release IfFound jailbreak tweak, which is also by the same developer. They are similar in many ways, but one aims to provide emergency personnel with personal emergency information, and one aims to provide contact information for the device's owner if it's found by someone else.

InCaseOf does require iOS 7 and it only runs on iPhones and iPod touches. If you would like to give it a try, it's available right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository for 99.

Name: InCaseOf
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0-2
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6, iPhone or iPod touch
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: CP Digital Darkroom
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

You can watch our video review of InCaseOf below:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qYCia3Wv1vI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Mr.Coffee (2014-06-08)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

Super great idea. I know a lot of hard work probably went into this app so the 99 cents is a fair ask, but isn't this essentially what will come standard in iOS 8 via the health app for free?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
    Super great idea. I know a lot of hard work probably went into this app so the 99 cents is a fair ask, but isn't this essentially what will come standard in iOS 8 via the health app for free?
    I'm not sure how the iOS 8 health app works, but I'm assuming you'd probably have to unlock the phone to get to it. This provides an easy access straight from the lock screen, without the need of a password.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tree720 View Post
    I'm not sure how the iOS 8 health app works, but I'm assuming you'd probably have to unlock the phone to get to it. This provides an easy access straight from the lock screen, without the need of a password.
    I believe they showed it online and it's been demoed elsewhere: iOS8 actually has a similar item on the lock screen. It then pulls up a 'ID Card' of sorts that includes the same info as this tweak.
    The device has to be passcode/TouchID locked to *access* the info from the lock screen, which is unusual in that it should always be accessible (even if the device is not locked by passcode/TouchID).
    Hopefully that gets sorted out by the time 8 goes GM.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from
    Thanks

Default 'InCaseOf' Adds Emergency Information to Your Lock Screen for Emergency Perso...
    I just bought this, great idea. But when I get a notification and proceed to unlock, the emergency button has disappeared. Not much use if I'm lay dying in the gutter and someone texts me and nobody can access my details.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TK4|2|1 For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (2014-06-08)

Just bought this great idea. But it appeared not to be compatible with Convergance (lock screen mod)

Sweet feat. Never know when it will come in handy.

Sent from my Apple TV.

Thanks

I have tried everything I can think of to get this to show up on my lock screen, but nothing works! I have selectively removed every add-on that may interfere with this and it still won't work. It sounds like I'm not the only one with this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel like I've wasted $.99 on an app that does not work. I really need something like this because I am a Type 1 Diabetic.

It doesn't work on mine either

Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
    I simply made a wallpaper for the lockscreen with all the emergency information.
    emergancy no, Bloodgroup, etc.

Why do i need an app to do the same for me?

I couldn't get mine to show up either. Then I turned it off and on again in settings, disabled springtomize 3 and resprung, and there it was. Then turned springtomize back on and it's been fine since.

I don't know which of those things did it, but it worked.