Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 8 Officially Drops Support for the iPhone 4

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 2,161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ah yes. That's where my confusion was. The untether still does not exist and the tethered comes out quick. Thx, Simon, King & Jato. Set me straight again..

And yes.. I4 was beginning of retina.. But today.. anyone holding onto an iPhone 4 as their daily phone is subjecting themselves to needless torture..
    Well the 7.1.1 untether does exist just not publicly. Whether you count that is non existent I guess is up to each & every individual.

Yuh the A4 is an old workhorse but its very handy as a look in to Jailbreaks before an untether is released.

Id say development will slow down in this are for your average joe Developer with the no A4 tether on iOS8.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-06-03), NewD (2014-06-03), Simon (2014-06-03)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Well the 7.1.1 untether does exist just not publicly. Whether you count that is non existent I guess is up to each & every individual.

Yuh the A4 is an old workhorse but its very handy as a look in to Jailbreaks before an untether is released.

Id say development will slow down in this are for your average joe Developer with the no A4 tether on iOS8.
    Yeah.. Good point. I didn't think of the angle of being able to jailbreak a new iOS early with the A4 tether that would give developers lots of lead time before a public jailbreak to work on new stuff. And yet it still seems like it takes a long time for tweaks to be updated after new jailbreak.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-06-03)

wtfff Apple dropped support for New iPad too???? It's not listed in the iOS 8 requirement...

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaWhite View Post
    wtfff Apple dropped support for New iPad too???? It's not listed in the iOS 8 requirement...
    No, they didn't. That would be under the iPad with retina display category.

Thanks

Not to mention Apple has huge sales in China. Even if iOS 9 or 10 is not as great as it will be on the newest handset Apple has to offer at any given time..it will still work more than likely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12