Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apex 2 Now Available in Cydia, Go and Get it!

Default Apex 2 Now Available in Cydia, Go and Get it!

Two days ago, iOS development team Ałtweaks announced the inevitable arrival of Apex 2 for iOS 7, a new application-grouping solution that looks and works better than folders in iOS with a sexy appearance and handy functionality.

On Friday, the tweak has been released in Cydia. Apex 2 is the predecessor of Apex for iOS 6, but the functionality, for the most part, remains the same. The tweak was conceptualized by Sentry_NC, and coded by Aditya KD.

By swiping up, or down, on application icons, you can reveal a space to group similar applications together, like a folder (but better). You will find yourself with some "+" buttons to add new applications to the interface, and when you add them, they will appear in their placeholders.

Once configured, you will be able to see the hidden applications peeking from the edges of the main application icon on your home screen, and by swiping up or down on the main application icon, you can access those hidden application icons.

Whenever you tap on the one of the "+" buttons you will be brought to the interface below:

Apex 2 automatically detects applications that are similar to the one that you're creating a group under. For the case of YouTube, Apex 2 finds other applications related to Photography and recommends adding them to that group. However, you can add any other applications you want to. At the top of the interface is a search bar where you can type in an application's name rather than look for it in the long list of installed applications.

Whenever you want to remove an application from an Apex 2 group, just visit this interface again, find the application with the check mark on it, and tap on it to un-check it. From now on, it won't appear in that Apex 2 group.

Apex 2 adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a few important options:

You will be able to make the visual indicators look the way you want them to, configure how you access your Apex 2 application groups, configure how you access SpotLight, enable or disable exiting Apex 2 when you open an application, enable or disable aggregating the notification badge count, and enable or disable allowing the creating of new groups.

Apex 2 is a really neat application organization tweak for iOS 7. If you want to give the tweak a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for $2.99. If you own the original Apex, then it's only a 99˘ upgrade.

Name: Apex 2
    Price: $2.99 (99˘ upgrade)
    Version: 1.0.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ałtweaks
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-05-24 at 05:56 AM.

The tweak is very nice - i love how fluid everything is. That said, it presents an interesting lag/hitch when opening and closing apps. Hopefully the dev can resolve this. (im on a 5s)

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goronok View Post
    The tweak is very nice - i love how fluid everything is. That said, it presents an interesting lag/hitch when opening and closing apps. Hopefully the dev can resolve this. (im on a 5s)
    Set it to no visual indicator and the hitch disappears.

I don't get this tweak. Can I still have folders or does it replace them completely?

Quote Originally Posted by rodnutz View Post
    I don't get this tweak. Can I still have folders or does it replace them completely?
    You can have both .

Can you have unlimited number of apps under it, creating pages or is it only limited to 5? I am guessing 5 based on the number of + signs around the original/topmost app icon.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

1. You can only have 4 icons under another, so 5 total associated with one icon.

2. The lag/ hitch is quite noticeable, especially when using SBHTML. You will notice a substantial hitch on the lockscreen and homescreen, even right after respringing or rebooting.

3. Unless you keep less than 5 icons in every folder, I really don't see much of a need for this tweak. I purchased it, but quickly deleted it when I realized the cons heavily outweigh the pros to it.

Default Apex 2 Now Available in Cydia, Go and Get it!
    Dockicons disappear, then safe mode, deinstall. That was the shortest life a tweak has had on my phone.

I bought it soon as I could and on my 4S it works so smoothly it's great. I'd recommend it to anyone.

other installed tweaks that may conflict is the only reason this won't work.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi