Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dubious Leak Reveals iPhone 6 Mold

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Dubious Leak Reveals iPhone 6 Mold

A Romanian accessory seller is the source of the latest "leak" to get the iPhone community buzzing on the blogosphere.

A hunk of metal shaped to fit the supposed dimensions for Apple's forthcoming iPhone 6 (which - we assume - is used for molding cases to accommodate the next-gen smartphone) is circulating throughout the rumor mill today.

Thanks to the folks at MobileDirect.ro., we have a good look at the metal case in question, although there is little corresponding evidence to validate the authenticity of the "mold." Nonetheless, it is yet another example of the growing number of image leaks we're seeing for component parts, cases, and molds pertinent to the refreshed iPhone.

With speculation rampant that we could see the iPhone 6 as early as August, it's likely that the number of image leaks we're seeing will escalate briskly as we approach the months of June and July.

Source: MobileDirect.ro. (via MacRumors)

hate the curved design tbh

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

If this mold is real and the edges go back the the old school 3/3Gs style, not gonna lie, not happy with the round thing going on here.
    Still going to buy it no matter, but expected/wanted something new if there was going to be a design change.

Why hate on the curved edges? That makes it way more comfortable to hold... funny how you mention that as I just took my iPhone 5s out of its case to see what it felt like in the hand and I found the sharp edges to be uncomfortable.

Anyways, it's interesting that the headline states "Dubious leak"... I don't think it's dubious that this is a mold intended for making cases! Whether it's accurate as to Apple's actual specifications for a new iPhone are another matter.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    If this mold is real and the edges go back the the old school 3/3Gs style, not gonna lie, not happy with the round thing going on here.
    Still going to buy it no matter, but expected/wanted something new if there was going to be a design change.
    Not to thrilled either, but does look better than the 3G/3GS where the edge was only half/partially curved. Whereas this is fully curved around to the top.

if anyone hasn't noticed their going for the iPad air and iPod touch newest generation look. look at that and thats basically your new iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    if anyone hasn't noticed their going for the iPad air and iPod touch newest generation look. look at that and thats basically your new iPhone.
    I like that design more than the current iPhone 5(s) style, it feels better in the hand. But hopefully it's not as thin as the iPod touch. It keeps slipping out of my hand because I forget it's even there.

They're is not that same as their.

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    They're is not that same as their.
    I don't know what "your" talking about. Fortunately regardless of this being the internet, you knew what I was saying

Only way I approve of this new curved design is if it's as thin as the newest iPod Touch

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This bears no resemblance to the chassis shown here

'Leaked' iPhone 6 pics will make cool fanbois WEEP - it's a PHABLET • The Register

This to me looks flat not curved

Keep the design like that of the iPad Air and it's golden!