Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Inbox Count' Shows the Unread Message Count in Your Mail App Inbox in iOS 7

Default 'Inbox Count' Shows the Unread Message Count in Your Mail App Inbox in iOS 7

In iOS 7, Apple stopped displaying the unread message count at the top of the Mail application, which ships with iOS, when you're looking at any of your e-mail inboxes. For whatever reason they chose to do this, one thing is for sure it was a nice feature when it was actually available in earlier versions of iOS.

If you'd like to get it back in your installation of iOS 7, a new free jailbreak tweak called Inbox Count by iOS developer Connor Pearson is now available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository that will display the number of unread messages in any of your e-mail inboxes at the top of the Mail application next to the word "Inbox," as shown above.

In this case, we had three messages in the inbox, but only one of them was unread, so the tweak showed a "(1)" next to the word inbox.

Inbox Count doesn't have any options to configure. The tweak also requires that you have iOS 7 installed to be used. If you would like to give the tweak a try for your e-mail needs, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: Inbox Count
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Connor Pearson
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Default 'Inbox Count' Shows the Unread Message Count in Your Mail App Inbox in iOS 7
    Anthony!! For some reason when I click on news using the app. I can't reply but when I click on news forum (temp) I can. Is that a weird bug? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Anthony!! For some reason when I click on news using the app. I can't reply but when I click on news forum (temp) I can. Is that a weird bug? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    I believe that's one of the things to be fixed in the next update (soon!).

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't understand. I have an unread messages folder in my email app which shows of course the number of unread messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I believe that's one of the things to be fixed in the next update (soon!).
    Roger that, I hope the new update honors prior ad-free Modmyi payments.
    Last edited by buggsy2; 2014-05-23 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    I don't understand. I have an unread messages folder in my email app which shows of course the number of unread messages.
    This tweak adds a number to the top of any of your e-mail inboxes that tells you how many unread messages are in the e-mail inbox you're in.