Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook iOS App Updated with Post Previews and Drafts

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Facebook iOS App Updated with Post Previews and Drafts

Facebook recently released an update to its iOS app and introduces the ability to create draft posts, preview posts, and more before publishing. The updates were first available to Android users before coming to iOS. In version 10.0, users can now create posts in airplane mode or without even being connected to the Internet, and save the posts for later release. Facebook also noted with preview posts that users can:

Review what your post will look like and choose whether to remove any suggested links before sharing what you’re reading, watching or listening to.
    Faster loading news feed improvements are also in the new Facebook update. TechCrunch reported that Facebook is testing Google Now-like related info with certain groups of users. The cards would be presented to users after posting, and the feature was described by Facebook:

These cards can help you discover information about where you are or what to do next, or inspire conversations with your friends around you. This feature respects all existing privacy settings, and the card will only show you information that you could already see elsewhere on Facebook. We wanted to make it easier for you to interact with your friends about the things you’re doing and the places you are visiting.
    The newly released Facebook update app can be downloaded in the App Store for iPhone and iPad users.

Source: iTunes, TechCrunch

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I am not a fan of this update. Hate having to abandon my feed to go to a different tab, and scroll halfway down past all my Pages, just to get to a Most Recent sorting of my feeds.

Banned
    Thanks
    So true spiderguy the updates get worse, I finally just go to computer to use Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by glgbnaf View Post
    So true spiderguy the updates get worse, I finally just go to computer to use Facebook
    Just wait until they rip the messenger functionality from the app like they say they want to do in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderguy84 View Post
    I am not a fan of this update. Hate having to abandon my feed to go to a different tab, and scroll halfway down past all my Pages, just to get to a Most Recent sorting of my feeds.
    Ditto! Why you can't select "Most Recent" as an default, is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Just wait until they rip the messenger functionality from the app like they say they want to do in the future.
    Yeah, I'm glad it's still there. I thought it would be gone since this is a new version number. Maybe they heard enough people complain about them wanting to remove it..