Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 141

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Keep Your Eyes Peeled for the Upcoming ModMyi App for iOS 7!

  1. #41
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,709
    Thanks
    8,337
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    AppStore reaches 100% of iPhone owners, Cydia does not. So by your logic I guess if someone lost their jailbreak or choses not to jailbreak that they should not have the ability to have the app on their phone.

    I chose to update and am not currently jail breaking but like to keep up with what is going on.

    If the AppStore is on everyone's phone and the app can be hosted on the AppStore why limit the audience?
    No problem with your logic. It's just that people on stock wouldn't have as much use for it. Can't you see that? The most compelling argument though to keep it in App Store is people wanting to FIND OUT about jailbreaking. MMi is the best for that.. and Cydia only helps you AFTER being jailbroken.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    No problem with your logic. It's just that people on stock wouldn't have as much use for it. Can't you see that? The most compelling argument though to keep it in App Store is people wanting to FIND OUT about jailbreaking. MMi is the best for that.. and Cydia only helps you AFTER being jailbroken.
    Again this is your assumption. In no way is it factual.

    I'm stock and I have a use for it. And know about 5 other people who are the same. Lots of people lose their jailbreak and still like to keep an eye on things and help out. So again if the App can be on the AppStore and the AppStore is on eveyphone Cydia is on why limit the audience.

    Also why does this even matter to you enough to bring it up? How does the app being on the AppStore effect you in any way?

    Even if it's a small percent, again what is the point of only posting on Cydia?
    Last edited by subywrex; 2014-05-18 at 09:24 PM.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (2014-05-18), Bo Troxell (2014-05-18)

  4. #43
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,709
    Thanks
    8,337
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Again this is your assumption. In no way is it factual.

    I'm stock and I have a use for it. And know about 5 other people who are the same. Lots of people lose their jailbreak and still like to keep an eye on things and help out. So again if the App can be on the AppStore and the AppStore is on eveyphone Cydia is on why limit the audience.

    Also why does this even matter to you enough to bring it up? How does the app being on the AppStore effect you in any way?

    Even if it's a small percent, again what is the point of only posting on Cydia?
    Not gonna be baited into one of your pointless arguments, Suby. This is what you do all too often.

    I already acknowledged YOUR point. And you're SO late to the thread. Did you even read it all? Or just come in with guns a-blazing to troll me?

    Here's a 'fact'. The name of the forum is MOD - MY - I(Phone).. The intent of the forum's creators is clear. End of story. Being in the app store also gave them advertising dollars. I'm sure that was in the equation of the decision too.

  5. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Not gonna be baited into one of your pointless arguments, Suby. This is what you do all too often.

    I already acknowledged YOUR point. And you're SO late to the thread. Did you even read it all? Or just come in with guns a-blazing to troll me?

    Here's a 'fact'. The name of the forum is MOD - MY - I(Phone).. The intent of the forum's creators is clear. End of story. Being in the app store also gave them advertising dollars. I'm sure that was in the equation of the decision too.
    The intent of a discussion board is to discuss. Does not mean you have to participate in what you are discussing. Maybe you have the knowledge or maybe an opinion on something.

    I agree the argument is pointless, but I wasn't the one that brought it up. Yes I read the entire thread before commenting which is why I commented.

    And really my argument was never to have it to bring light to non jail breaker, however was a part of my argument. The main point is 100 % of iPhones have the AppStore. No where near 100% of devices have Cydia. So why would you want to make your app available to a fraction of people who have iPhones
    Last edited by subywrex; 2014-05-18 at 09:48 PM.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (2014-05-18), Bo Troxell (2014-05-18)

  7. #45
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,709
    Thanks
    8,337
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    The intent of a discussion board is to discuss. Does not mean you have to participate in what you are discussing. Maybe you have the knowledge or maybe an opinion on something.

    I agree the argument is pointless, but I wasn't the one that brought it up. Yes I read the entire thread before commenting which is why I commented.

    And really my argument was never to have it to bring light to non jail breaker, however was a part of my argument. The main point is is you have a choice to have your app seen by 15 million or 100 million what would you chose. (Those number are just made up to illustrate the point of jail broken phones vs non jail broken phone)
    I DO understand your point, Suby. Really I do. But MMi is in no way the 'go to' place for people on stock iPhones. That's 'my' point. You are unwilling to acknowledge the point. Fair enough. We're done here, bro.. See you at our next argument..

  8. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I DO understand your point, Suby. Really I do. But MMi is in no way the 'go to' place for people on stock iPhones. That's 'my' point. You are unwilling to acknowledge the point. Fair enough. We're done here, bro.. See you at our next argument..
    Why wouldn't this be a go to place? I don't use any other app for iPhone news. I find that MMI post content I'm generally interested in where other blogs and sites post to much content.

    Are they the fastest? No, but the content is there and in a manor that I like.

    Not all stock iPhones are ran by non jail-breakers.

    Anyway. On to the next one my friend 😜
    Last edited by subywrex; 2014-05-18 at 10:03 PM.

  9. #47
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,709
    Thanks
    8,337
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Why wouldn't this be a go to place?
    It IS - for modding your phone - something only jailbreakers can do..
    I don't use any other app for iPhone news. I find that MMI post content I'm generally interested in where other blogs and sites post too much content.
    Yea. I DO like their news section. But it's not most of my iPhone friends go to place at all for that. When I turn them on to MMI they call it the 'best kept secret'.. Love that!

    Are they the fastest? No, but the content is there and in a manner that I like.
    Yeah. Me too. We're in full agreement there! Imagine that..

    Not all stock iPhones are run by non jail-breakers.
    Not sure what you mean there. If you're stock on any one given phone you're not jailbroken. Right?

  10. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Not sure what you mean there. If you're stock on any one given phone you're not jailbroken. Right?
    Meaning jail breakers can have a stock iPhone (for whatever reason). So not all stock iPhone have an owner that doesn't jailbreak. Meaning that person may still want to use MMI

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (2014-05-18), Bo Troxell (2014-05-18)

  12. #49
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,709
    Thanks
    8,337
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Meaning jail breakers can have a stock iPhone (for whatever reason). So not all stock iPhone have an owner that doesn't jailbreak. Meaning that person may still want to use MMI
    I of course was referring in my original comments to 'the rule' - not the 'exception to the rule', bro.. But you're very exacting and love the exceptions... It's 'almost' an 'endearing' quality about you, Suby. LOL!! Peace, bro..

  13. #50
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Why wouldn't this be a go to place? I don't use any other app for iPhone news. I find that MMI post content I'm generally interested in where other blogs and sites post to much content.

    Are they the fastest? No, but the content is there and in a manor that I like.

    Not all stock iPhones are ran by non jail-breakers.

    Anyway. On to the next one my friend ��
    So true, I know of a Mod here that has never jailbroken an iPhone ever and yet still a mod.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (2014-05-18), NewD (2014-05-19)

  15. #51
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,709
    Thanks
    8,337
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    So true, I know of a Mod here that has never jailbroken an iPhone ever and yet still a mod.
    Not really trying to get a last word here.. but truly interested.. other than the Mac forums and iPad forums - can you show me even one or two threads that have more than 15-20 replies in them that don't have anything at all to do with modding or jailbreaking your phone? The Randomly Off Topic thread excluded for obvious reasons? I've been in some news threads that generate some interest -- often they invite trolls with strong opinions just trying to be heard - but some news threads are quite interesting. I just never see them get above a couple of pages of posts at most.. This is first and foremost a jailbreak/modding forum and I think the evidence is overwhelming. Though I'm sure Kyle intended for 'all things iPhone' to be talked about here -- he named the forum to meet a particular niche. And I think that's the niche that MMI does best. All due respect to Anthony and Michael and the other news guys who do a great job finding stuff for us. But their most interesting and highest traffic comes from Jailbreak news and the best tweaks news. Don'tcha think? Not trying to LIMIT MMi's reach.. just trying to pin down its 'market'.

  16. #52
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Ditto, point on... ^ was jus' sayin'

  17. #53
    I DO understand your point, Suby. Really I do. But MMi is in no way the 'go to' place for people on stock iPhones. That's 'my' point. You are unwilling to acknowledge the point. Fair enough. We're done here, bro.. See you at our next argument..
    Maybe you should open your eyes a bit. They do not post "JAILBREAK ONLY NEWS". I am interested in knowing the latest on mobile technology and the leading companies. I like hearing about frivolous lawsuits.

    Why wouldn't this be a go to place? I don't use any other app for iPhone news. I find that MMI post content I'm generally interested in where other blogs and sites post to much content.

    Are they the fastest? No, but the content is there and in a manor that I like.

    Not all stock iPhones are ran by non jail-breakers.

    Anyway. On to the next one my friend 😜
    +1
    I am stock, and this is my go to place as well.

  18. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    So true, I know of a Mod here that has never jailbroken an iPhone ever and yet still a mod.
    That would be meeeeeeee!!

  19. #55
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    That would be meeeeeeee!!
    Guess we have two then lol. Toothfairy has never jailbroken either.

    Edit: hold up, I thought you have jailbroken before?

  20. #56
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    That would be meeeeeeee!!
    I call BS.

  21. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Guess we have two then lol. Toothfairy has never jailbroken either.

    Edit: hold up, I thought you have jailbroken before?
    Simon, Simon ....

  22. #58
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Simon, Simon ....
    You playing games with me hmmm? Lol

  23. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Not really trying to get a last word here.. but truly interested.. other than the Mac forums and iPad forums - can you show me even one or two threads that have more than 15-20 replies in them that don't have anything at all to do with modding or jailbreaking your phone? The Randomly Off Topic thread excluded for obvious reasons? I've been in some news threads that generate some interest -- often they invite trolls with strong opinions just trying to be heard - but some news threads are quite interesting. I just never see them get above a couple of pages of posts at most.. This is first and foremost a jailbreak/modding forum and I think the evidence is overwhelming. Though I'm sure Kyle intended for 'all things iPhone' to be talked about here -- he named the forum to meet a particular niche. And I think that's the niche that MMI does best. All due respect to Anthony and Michael and the other news guys who do a great job finding stuff for us. But their most interesting and highest traffic comes from Jailbreak news and the best tweaks news. Don'tcha think? Not trying to LIMIT MMi's reach.. just trying to pin down its 'market'.
    No one argues the intent of this site. But the point your missing is the market MMI is after is anyone who owns/owned an "I" devices. Modded or not, jail breaker or not, their reach is for anyone.

    Which is why they offer news and do reviews on products. It's a news site by practical users, it's not a news site that needs to scoop all the stories and spam with every little thing.

    And also as said before and you agreed with, to bring light to what can be modded on an iPhone.


  24. #60
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,709
    Thanks
    8,337
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

    Agreed, Suby. But for a while there you 'were' disputing MMi's main niche/market.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •