Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 6 Expected to Dramatically Outsell iPhone 5s

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default iPhone 6 Expected to Dramatically Outsell iPhone 5s

On Monday, Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty offered up thoughts in response to her recent visits with supply and component manufacturing companies working with Apple on current and future generation products.

According to Huberty's insights, Apple's iPhone 6 could dramatically outsell the iPhone 5s during its first year of availability. The main reason? China. Apple's iPhone is on a roll across Asia. And emerging market interest may easily lift Apple's iPhone sales to a previously unaccomplished perch.

At this stage of the game, Apple's Asian suppliers believe the iPhone 6 will enjoy at least 20 percent growth from last year's iPhone 5s launch.

"The April survey indicated that Apple could gain 11 points of share with a larger-screen iPhone," the analyst writes. "In addition, iPhone’s refresh cycle could shorten and boost shipments in the next product cycle as iPhone buyers plan to buy/upgrade sooner than we previously thought and an increasing portion of postpaid subscribers in the US have already switched to installment plans, or plan to do so."

Source: Barron's

A lot of people will pick it up for the screen size alone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mlee19841 For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (2014-05-13)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Don't think I'd give up my 5S jailbroken, unless the 6 has more than just a bigger screen.

The moment the 6 & iOS 8 get a jailbreak I'll buy it, for how I'm keeping my awesome jailbreak on my 5S. Nothing can top having a jailbroken iOS device, NOTHING.

Bigger please

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    A lot of people will pick it up for the screen size alone.
    Exactly! Apple has been dragging their feet in getting a larger screen on the market BUT those that switched and existing users will want the bigger screen w/ the user-friendly OS. They're gonna make a killing w/ these!

They better make the screen wider and not just taller.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Geez you think?? Lmao smh! Every year they set a new record.

I'm sure the S5 will outsell the S4 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    Don't think I'd give up my 5S jailbroken, unless the 6 has more than just a bigger screen.
    It will have ios 8 most likely, but I love my jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    I'm also on a Jailbroken 5S, but I'll be upgrading as soon as the 6 comes out. The combination of a larger screen and iOS 8 will be enough to keep me happy until a jailbreak for iOS 8 is out. I love my jailbreak but playing around with a new OS is always fun. Plus I'm getting a little tired of all the crashes from 7.0.x. + jailbreak tweaks.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claustin For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (2014-05-13), UtSulumSuusOwn (2014-05-13)

Banned
    Thanks
    Bla bla blaaaaaaaaa more iOS update fails and bugs and rumor mill here we go iOS 8 maybe iOS 100 they might get right!!! But with Steve jobs gone apple has gone down the toilet!!! Swiissshhh caboooom...

Quote Originally Posted by glgbnaf View Post
    Bla bla blaaaaaaaaa more iOS update fails and bugs and rumor mill here we go iOS 8 maybe iOS 100 they might get right!!! But with Steve jobs gone apple has gone down the toilet!!! Swiissshhh caboooom...
    Sounds quite ignorant.
    Last edited by flash66; 2014-05-13 at 04:54 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    I'm also on a Jailbroken 5S, but I'll be upgrading as soon as the 6 comes out. The combination of a larger screen and iOS 8 will be enough to keep me happy until a jailbreak for iOS 8 is out. I love my jailbreak but playing around with a new OS is always fun. Plus I'm getting a little tired of all the crashes from 7.0.x. + jailbreak tweaks.
    I doubt iOS 8 will be much different from iOS 7. A redesigned UI and a few tweaks stolen from Cydia, again. Other then that I don't see what would be worth giving up a jailbroken 5S for. Real widgets or anything like that will never happen. I use bridge, movie/music box, pandora downloader, Flex 2, the list goes on and on. There are so many benefits with being jailbroken it'll take a whole lot to get me to upgrade. I'm pretty sure the iPhone 6 will record [email protected] and have some higher end features as far as hardware. It'll be a power house, but until it's jailbroken (if it ever is) I don't see myself upgrading to it just because Cydia offers what Apple can't

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Answer1o1 For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (2014-05-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Sounds quite ignorant.
    How is he ignorant? It´s true. Apple has become ****** since Jobs died. I switched to an HTC One M8 because my iPhone kept screwing up on iOS every few months.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Atheist View Post
    How is he ignorant? It´s true. Apple has become ****** since Jobs died. I switched to an HTC One M8 because my iPhone kept screwing up on iOS every few months.
    Cool story, bro...👎

This is the 3rd time I've seen a leaked dummy of an IPhone and I'm really really not sure if I like the gold ring around the home / touch button. The power button on the side I get, and I'm loving the form factor and the potential size increase, but that home button ......

Jolly

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRogger View Post
    This is the 3rd time I've seen a leaked dummy of an IPhone and I'm really really not sure if I like the gold ring around the home / touch button. The power button on the side I get, and I'm loving the form factor and the potential size increase, but that home button ......

Jolly

Banned
    Thanks
    I would think so if apple finally does the ... The biggest thing yet??? A bigger iPhone please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast