Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'IfFound' Adds Your Contact Details to Your Lock Screen for When Your Device is Lost

Default 'IfFound' Adds Your Contact Details to Your Lock Screen for When Your Device is Lost

The thought of losing your iOS device(s), or having one or more of them stolen, can be a very scary thought. Luckily, many of us use passcodes to keep our private information safe, and Apple provides us with a handy free Find My iPhone application in the App Store that lets us track our iOS device(s) when they're connected to the Internet. On the other hand, sometimes they're not connected to the Internet, and we may have to rely on a good Samaritan to return our iOS device(s) to us.

For those of us with passcodes, it's almost impossible for a good Samaritan to find out who the phone belongs to, so that's where this new jailbreak tweak called IfFound by iOS developer CPDigitalDarkroom comes into play.

This tweak adds a new button to your Lock Screen, whether you have a passcode or not, that anyone can tap on in order to see your contact information. They can then use this contact information to get in touch with you should you ever misplace your iOS device.

IfFound is 100% customizable, so you can pick the style of the button, choose where it appears, and choose what kind of contact information appears when the button is tapped on. You can see a preview of the button, and the contact information display feature of the IfFound tweak above.

The button used is a blue-tinted Find My iPhone radar icon, but there are many different button styles that the tweak comes with. You can configure the tweak's various options via the IfFound preferences pane that is added to the Settings application:

From here, you will be able to enable or disable the tweak on demand, choose between a simplified or a detailed alert for showing your contact information, picking the default language, and configuring the location and appearance of the Lock Screen button.

We're choosing to use the detailed alert, so when we enable the detailed mode, we can get to changing the settings in the detailed alert cell. We can input our own custom contact information here, such as name, phone number, e-mail, address, and more. We can also configure a button that can be tapped on to automatically call the phone number that you put into this field, which a good Samaritan can use to tell you that the device has been found.

The button can be configured to show in the Main Lock Screen and/or the passcode screen. You can configure its positioning, width, height, opacity, the button style, and even add custom text to the button.

We're convinced that IfFound is a nice addition to the Lock Screen of any iOS 7 device. Not only does it give off a professional appearance, but it comes with so much customization that the user can put as much contact information as they're comfortable letting a complete stranger have in order to get in touch with them. Some day, it could be the final say in whether or not you ever see your lost or misplaced iOS device ever again.

Perhaps one of the biggest perks to this tweak is that even if you can't locate your device on Find My iPhone because of the lack of an Internet connection, a good Samaritan will still be able to view your contact information via the tweak when they find your iOS device and can still try to get in touch with you. It's also a great way to have a passcode and still let people know that the device belongs to you and let them know how to get in touch with you.

If you would like to give IfFound a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for just 99. The tweak does require iOS 7 and supports numerous different languages.

Name: IfFound
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0.3-4
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigGoss
    Developer: CPDigitalDarkroom
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-05-12 at 06:41 AM.

Awesome tweak! Wish I was still jail broken.

This is actually really cool, great idea!

i've got a lot of tweaks installed... and this one is by far one of the best out there! great job by the developer(s).

Only downfall for this is. How honest the person on the other end is that has your phone. But all in all it's a good tweak.

I'll stick with igotya

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Excellent idea. Years ago I made a custom LS wallpaper with my contact info for this very reason. It's crazy Apple didn't do this.

This is a great tweak. I can pay for an app so the Tool who steels my phone can know were I live and can then rob my house, or kidnap my kids, or anything else... NO thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Excellent idea. Years ago I made a custom LS wallpaper with my contact info for this very reason. It's crazy Apple didn't do this.
    Same here- I created a custom Lockscreen image years ago with my name, email address, and home landline number with a request to contact me if found. I agree- can't believe Apple never included this as an option. Anyhow this tweak sounds great!

Kupe

Quote Originally Posted by inmanc View Post
    I can pay for an app so the Tool who steels my phone can know were I live and can then rob my house, or kidnap my kids, or anything else... NO thank you!!!
    Dude- you don't have to display any identifying or address information if you don't want to. You could just do a phone number, or email, or whatever.

Kupe

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kupe For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2014-05-14), buggsy2 (2014-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Dude- you don't have to display any identifying or address information if you don't want to. You could just do a phone number, or email, or whatever.
    Yeah, it's all 100% customizable.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Absolutely
    Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    I'll stick with igotya
    Lol, I just mentioned this in another thread. iGotYa does this as well as email a map of where your phone is and a pic of the persons face!

Saved my phone once :-)