Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Set to Release an 8 GB iPhone 5C in India

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Set to Release an 8 GB iPhone 5C in India

Apple is set to bring the 8 GB version of the iPhone 5C to India in the coming weeks. During Apple’s Q2 2014 conference call, CEO Tim Cook said that the Indian iPhone sales had more than doubled. For those of you who didn’t know, India is an emerging market where many of the “next billion” smartphone customers are expected to come from and getting a lower cost version of Apple’s mid-tier iPhone seemed to make a lot of sense. Especially for those who didn’t need to carry around a lot of media with them but do want access to messaging apps and the mobile web.

The 8 GB iPhone 5C first launched previously in March in the UK and later expanded to several countries in Eastern and Western Europe. There’s been no word yet on US availability. The iPhone 5S remains the big movie blockbuster that keeps everyone lining up but the iPhone 5C is the hit TV show that’s there week-in, week-out to catch the eye of anyone walking by.

Those of you who are in India, have you been debating a new and less expensive iPhone 5C?

Source: NDTV

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

More like 5-6gb. Apple really should release true 16-32-64 gb models. I know the os takes up space but they should separate the partitions somehow.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mlee19841 For This Useful Post:

jery911 (2014-05-12)

Banned
    Thanks
    So true there my 64gb turned into 56gb that's why Apple should make a mini sd card for added memory, that's why I'm thinking iPhone 6 or HTC ONE M8 128 gb and sd card option!! Plus iPhone screen is for small hands anyways

Quote Originally Posted by glgbnaf View Post
    So true there my 64gb turned into 56gb that's why Apple should make a mini sd card for added memory, that's why I'm thinking iPhone 6 or HTC ONE M8 128 gb and sd card option!! Plus iPhone screen is for small hands anyways
    Would you buy a $200 apple proprietary 64GB sd card. You people just don't realize why they don't do it.
    Last edited by jwil736; 2014-05-11 at 11:40 PM.

It won't make that much difference for Apple to put 16GB memory, why the hell would they do this? 8GB is almost useless. Just take some pix and couple apps, it will get storage almost full message quick!
    Not a very wise choice, Apple

Quote Originally Posted by todesto View Post
    It won't make that much difference for Apple to put 16GB memory, why the hell would they do this? 8GB is almost useless. Just take some pix and couple apps, it will get storage almost full message quick!
    Not a very wise choice, Apple
    Yea and 8gb iphone will get low on memory fast. U can always transfer pictures and listen to music through pandora. Or use the cloud service through iTunes. But the apps is the downfall.

8 GB would be "just okay" if they actually have 8GB they should separate the partitions.

Banned
    Thanks
    Discharge