Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Twitter ShowKeyboard' Forces a Keyboard to Show Instead of an Image Picker in Twitter

Default 'Twitter ShowKeyboard' Forces a Keyboard to Show Instead of an Image Picker in Twitter

When you go into the Twitter application, offered for free in the iOS App Store, and you attempt to compose a Tweet, you are brought immediately to an interface showing images from your Camera Roll rather than showing a keyboard. This can lead someone with jumpy fingers to begin accidentally attaching photos to their Tweet, when what they really meant to do was strike a key on the keyboard.

A new free jailbreak tweak called Twitter ShowKeyboard by iOS developer elias is now available for free in Cydia to help solve and prevent this issue. With the tweak installed, when you attempt to compose a Tweet, the keyboard will show up by default, rather than 12 images from your Camera Roll, as shown above.

In addition to preventing you from having the inconvenience of accidentally tapping on a photo instead of typing, the tweak also serves double-duty by providing a little privacy. With the keyboard showing up instead of your Camera Roll, anyone near you isn't going to see that small fingernail-sized preview of that embarrassing photo you took of yourself when you try to compose a Tweet.

Twitter ShowKeyboard is available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository and requires that you have the Twitter application installed on your iOS 7 device to be used. The tweak doesn't have any options to configure.

Name: Twitter ShowKeyboard
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6, Twitter for iOS
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: elias
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

we're in a dangerous time where people could lose their jailbreak and you keep pushing tweaks that could potentially cause an issue, because they aren't tested enough

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    we're in a dangerous time where people could lose their jailbreak and you keep pushing tweaks that could potentially cause an issue, because they aren't tested enough
    Your avatar brings me back to the Spitfire, Wet Willy and Flameboy days.

Good times...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Christophxr For This Useful Post:

dsg (2014-04-25)

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    What's the issue?

I actually thought this was a bug in twitter...

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    I actually thought this was a bug in twitter...
    me too, and a rather annoying one. i wish they would get rid of it