Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: FaceTime Bug Fix Forces Users to Update Their Version of iOS

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Again.. Nobody is FORCING you. Do what you want.
    How can you say that when it's clear that FaceTime no longer works on 6.x, and if one wishes to keep using it, then one is forced to upgrade. Also, if something happens to your device, you are always forced to use the latest. Forced. In these sort of situations, one cannot choose, you cannot "do what you want" because installing a previous version will fail (unless you're lucky enough to be able to make use of a downgrade hack.)

  2. #22
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,444
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 215 Times in 165 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    How can you say that when it's clear that FaceTime no longer works on 6.x, and if one wishes to keep using it, then one is forced to upgrade. Also, if something happens to your device, you are always forced to use the latest. Forced. In these sort of situations, one cannot choose, you cannot "do what you want" because installing a previous version will fail (unless you're lucky enough to be able to make use of a downgrade hack.)
    I understand that but my definition of being "forced" is somebody holding a gun to your head. See any guns being held at your head? Nope, their are plenty of alternatives to FaceTime.

  3. #23
    This is what has me worried about things like Car Play and such; will current generation one day cease working with newer devices or suddenly not be compatible with older devices? It's always so arbitrary, such with FT suddenly not working for no reason what so ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    I understand that but my definition of being "forced" is somebody holding a gun to your head. See any guns being held at your head? Nope, their are plenty of alternatives to FaceTime.
    It doesn't required a physical weapon. Forcing means having no alternative but to go a certain route; choicelessness. Right there is no choice but to upgrade if you wish to use FT.
    Last edited by uri8472; 2014-04-26 at 05:54 PM.

  4. #24
    What a load of ****

  5. #25
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,444
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 215 Times in 165 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by uri8472 View Post
    This is what has me worried about things like Car Play and such; will current generation one day cease working with newer devices or suddenly not be compatible with older devices? It's always so arbitrary, such with FT suddenly not working for no reason what so ever.

    It doesn't required a physical weapon. Forcing means having no alternative but to go a certain route; choicelessness. Right there is no choice but to upgrade if you wish to use FT.
    Wrong, maybe I'm just optimistic but there seem to be plenty of choices and alternatives.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Wrong,
    Then you would be mistaken. FT belongs to Apple. Apple can and has cut off FT from being used on devices where it was working until recently. If you want to use FT, you must upgrade. There is no room for interpretation here. One is forced to upgrade if one wants to continue using FT. Simple as that.


    maybe I'm just optimistic but there seem to be plenty of choices and alternatives.
    Yes, there are alternatives, like Skype and such, but this is about FT, which Apple directly controls.

  7. #27
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,444
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 215 Times in 165 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by uri8472 View Post
    Then you would be mistaken. FT belongs to Apple. Apple can and has cut off FT from being used on devices where it was working until recently. If you want to use FT, you must upgrade. There is no room for interpretation here. One is forced to upgrade if one wants to continue using FT. Simple as that.


    Yes, there are alternatives, like Skype and such, but this is about FT, which Apple directly controls.
    Agree, to disagree.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Agree, to disagree.
    That only works if you aren't ignoring reality and common sense.

  9. #29
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,444
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 215 Times in 165 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by uri8472 View Post
    That only works if you aren't ignoring reality and common sense.
    Agree... To disagree. Your right I'm wrong, I'm right your wrong. Goodbye.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Agree... To disagree. Your right I'm wrong, I'm right your wrong. Goodbye.
    But you aren't right. You keep trying to say that you aren't forced to upgrade, but fail to acknowledge that if you wish to keep using FT, then you are then forced, else you cannot use FT. I don't see why this is so complicated for you.

  11. #31
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,444
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 215 Times in 165 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by uri8472 View Post
    But you aren't right. You keep trying to say that you aren't forced to upgrade, but fail to acknowledge that if you wish to keep using FT, then you are then forced, else you cannot use FT. I don't see why this is so complicated for you.
    Nothing you say will make me change my mind on what I believe.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Nothing you say will make me change my mind on what I believe.
    Then stop responding to him

  13. #33
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,444
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 215 Times in 165 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Then stop responding to him
    Already did...

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Nothing you say will make me change my mind on what I believe.
    That is: users runs iOS 6. User uses Facetime. Apple turns off Facetime for iOS 6. Then what is the only choice user has if they want to use Facetime? That only choice is upgrading to iOS 7. This isn't about using Skype or anything else, only about Facetime. Yet you keep insisting that this some how isn't the case despite all the evidence to the contrary. So either you really are this dense or you're doing a damn good job pretending. Either way, I don't see how this logic can just fly over your head so easily.

    Also, I'd really appreciate it if someone can explain to me why a triple-digit billion dollar company has to resort to such maneuvers against their own customers? They don't have to offer technical support for older OS versions, but that doesn't excuse just turning off features for no good reason. And aren't Apple-Care subscribers still entitled to support for iOS 6? Isn't that part of the point of Apple-Care, to get support that isn't available at the regular level any more?
    Last edited by znbl; 2014-05-05 at 06:42 PM.

  15. #35
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,444
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 215 Times in 165 Posts

    ....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •