Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Detected Traffic from iOS 8 Increases as New Images Surface

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Detected Traffic from iOS 8 Increases as New Images Surface

Although we're still a few months away from the anticipated unveiling of iOS 8, Apple continues to test the refreshed mobile operating system according to the latest spike in detected traffic coming from iOS 8.

Ahead of this year's Worldwide Developers Conference, traffic logs show a steady uptick in activity originating from iOS 8-powered devices as well as Macs running OS X 10.10.

These reports come just as BGR published yet another image leak today showing what we're told is the new operating system on a larger iPhone 6 display.

All but certainly, at least some of the images we've seen in recent days are bogus, but their increasing frequency tells us that Apple's production facilities are likely a hotbed of activity today as a new season of product and platform refreshes is just ahead.

Earlier today, MMi similarly shared a "leaked image" of what could be the next-gen iPad Air's new design, which reveals the LCD and cover glass assembled as a single unit.

Source: BGR

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Either Apple or MMi (or both) don't understand the decimal system.
    We've had Macs running Mac OS X Puma for years now...

Do we really need an new major version of iOS every year....how about fix the slew of bugs in iOS 7 before killing support on it and introducing a whole new slew of bugs with iOS 8. Same goes for Mac OS X
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 2014-04-18 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post

Do we really need an new major version of iOS every year....how about fix the slew of bugs in iOS 7 before killing support on it and introducing a whole new slew of bugs with iOS 8. Same goes for Mac OS X
    I agree. Hopefully they get the battery down pat. Also u already know their will be a slew of new issues when they release iOS 8.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

osx "10.10" hasn't been released yet. Puma was osx "10.1". What's up with the attitude?
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It's not a decimal system or whatever. It's a software version number. 10.10 is not the same thing as 10.1.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    I agree. Hopefully they get the battery down pat. Also u already know their will be a slew of new issues when they release iOS 8.
    But those "slew of issues" are what allow jailbreaks 😉 so I say keep em coming, at just the right pace.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Channan View Post
    It's not a decimal system or whatever. It's a software version number. 10.10 is not the same thing as 10.1.
    Still, I think it would be time for Apple to come out with OSXI not 10.10... I think it could be confusing. It was funny about the decimal system though...

Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
    But those "slew of issues" are what allow jailbreaks 😉 so I say keep em coming, at just the right pace.
    Lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mlee19841 For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (2014-04-26)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

The annual release is because of us!!! WE are the ones that expect a new iOS so Apple is giving the public what WE ask for.

It's like pro sports players. They get paid atrocious amounts of money because WE have enabled that. Super Bowl tickets aren't $2,000 a piece because of greed...it's because the public will pay that amount to satisfy OUR expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    osx "10.10" hasn't been released yet. Puma was osx "10.1". What's up with the attitude?
    Some people are just #&$(# and don't think before they %*$#* open their $*** receptacles. They don't $*%(#@& understand the $*#(%& numbering system for $*%***( software, $*&%( #*%*** !!!

+999999999999..........

You said it... these at Apple don't get it... iOS7 is still so buggy and they want to release iOS8! I don't even remember which was the last stable iOS firmware... lol
    In this aspect, I feel Google is doing a far FAR better job with Android (considering the number of different devices in the market), and Apple can't come out with a stable firmwares for a handful of devices... really sad!
    Last edited by Simon; 2014-04-19 at 03:00 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

hardly looks like a bigger display. I will wait until a 5.5 inch screen comes out

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    hardly looks like a bigger display. I will wait until a 5.5 inch screen comes out
    Just checked the bgr site fix your info please!!!! False info in the article!!!

It states what it would look like on and iphone 6 not that is a iphone 6 in the picture running iOS 8!!!

I read on other sites that it's a 5s running iOS 8!!! Guessing modmyi is wrong. It was said to be a 5s on more than one site.

http://bgr.com/2014/04/18/ios-8-on-iphone-5s-images/

http://www.redmondpie.com/ios-8-beta-for-iphone-5s-shown-off-in-sketchy-photos/
    Last edited by mlee19841; 2014-04-19 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    That's an iPhone 5S.
    Last edited by Simon; 2014-04-19 at 06:34 PM.