Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'auki' is the Best Looking Quick Reply/Quick Compose Tweak We've Seen for iOS 7

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    So, price-wise this is $4 and biteSMS is $8. This is QR/QC only, biteSMS has an actual app as well that you can text from and read conversations in. Bite is customizable, including the UI. This, apparently not. And for the poster who remarked that the biteSMS price is "ridiculous" "just to remove the ads," well, you can obviously use biteSMS for free if you like, or pay 8 bucks for a lifetime license "just to remove the ads" or, in my case, to support the developer as well. I've been using it since my first iPhone 3, then a 3G, then a 4, and now a 5S. Same 8 bucks. Not really ridiculous when looked at that way (think how many other apps you had that needed to be upgraded for more money as iPhones and iOS's have progressed). BiteSMS has had constant updates over many years and iOS iterations, and a functioning beta program to test new versions. I think auki is very nice, but it really is just an extension of the stock Messages app (and one that Apple should have included years ago- shame, Apple, no ability to reply to texts from the Lockscreen). BiteSMS is a messaging app with all of the bells and whistles anyone could possibly want. Eight bucks seems pretty realistic to me. It actually seems like a pretty good deal.
    Actually, bitesms is $8 per idevice according to the developer. You don't get to keep it. New idevice, new license and another $8. I know, I've had it on every device I've had, but it's money well spent each time.

Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sheltons.iphone View Post
    Actually, bitesms is $8 per idevice according to the developer. You don't get to keep it. New idevice, new license and another $8. I know, I've had it on every device I've had, but it's money well spent each time.
    Wrong, I've had it on every device and only paid the one time 8 bucks, don't know what happened with you. I've had 3G, 3GS, 4s, and now 5s.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolsk8r View Post
    Wrong, I've had it on every device and only paid the one time 8 bucks, don't know what happened with you. I've had 3G, 3GS, 4s, and now 5s.
    You sure? Straight from their site...I've had it on all my devices too....and paid every time..maybe you're cheating them?

For license issues try the following.
    biteSMS > Settings > About > Reset Settings
    biteSMS > Settings > Recover (see Note)
    Install iFile from Cydia, then delete (right swipe) directory /var/mobile/Library/biteSMS
    If still not working email us[email protected] YOU MUST provide proof of purchase.

Note: You need your PayPal receipt in order to locate your invoice ID (last 4 digits), not transaction ID. Please search PayPal under either Delicious INC or Paradigmone (2010 or before).

Sorry, but it's one licence per device only. You cannot use one licence on multiple devices.

You can transfer between devices just one device at a time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to talkin73 For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (2014-04-16)

Quote Originally Posted by anmiller07 View Post
    One of my favorite things about BiteSMS that's missing here is the pulldown conversation history. That comes in really handy. I'd like to see that implemented here, but still, I will stay with Bite for now.
    I was about to ask if Auki had that feature because I use it a lot with BiteSMS. Without that I'll be staying with Bite too..

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Or you could go and use Couria, which is free and has QR/QC extensions for Whatsapp as well, and works in conjunction with BiteSMS.

Thanks

BiteSMS is too bulky in my opinion, I don't need that messaging app, the stock messages.app is fine, biteSMS a lot of bitesms features are still disabled, I think auki is perfect for people who don't want all that extra crap from bitesms like the app and theming, etc... Auki is perfect for me

Quote Originally Posted by iGamers View Post
    BiteSMS is too bulky in my opinion, I don't need that messaging app, the stock messages.app is fine, biteSMS a lot of bitesms features are still disabled, I think auki is perfect for people who don't want all that extra crap from bitesms like the app and theming, etc... Auki is perfect for me
    So you don't like having your most recent contacts when you QC? Or having the ability to see the conversation at a quick glance during QC/QR? I don't care for theming either and yet it doesn't bother me that the option is there in the settings. Bitesms is superior to this app. That is as close to factual as you can get. And not to mention, it's free!

Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by talkin73 View Post
    You can transfer between devices just one device at a time.
    Yup exactly my point!!

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Are you using JellyLock? I just uninstalled Messages+ (didn't even bother w/ ISX) because it broke JellyLock's functionality
    No. I don't really care for jelly lock. And did you turn off the lockscreen view? That would've probably fixed the issue. Or you could've contacted them about adding compatibility. Also, messages+ isn't separate anymore, it's 100% integrated without having to download both separately. But I'm waiting in hopes of atom being updated but that looks bleak. So until then I'll stick to ISX and SubtleLock for my lockscreen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12