Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Who You Can Expect to Hear From at WWJC 2014 On April 12-13

Default Who You Can Expect to Hear From at WWJC 2014 On April 12-13

Tickets for WWJC (world-wide jailbreak convention) 2014 went on sale last month, March 18th, and if you're unfamiliar with the event, it's a gathering for jailbreak enthusiasts, developers, and iOS hackers alike. Tickets are $30 for adults and $10 for children, but after 200 tickets are sold, prices will rise to help cover expenses for the event.

In case you're wondering what to expect at WWJC this year, there will be various speeches from well-known inspirational figures in the jailbreak community, as well as various workshops for jailbreakers to play around and learn new things from. In addition, the event gives jailbreakers a way to make new friends and just have a good ol' time.

The confirmed speakers for WWJC 2014 include:

• Jay Freeman (saurik)
    • Cyril Cattiaux (pod2g)
    • Steven De Franco (ih8sn0w)
    • Ryan Petrich
    • Filippo Bigarella
    • Thientam Bach (Surenix)
    • Joshua M. Tucker
    • Kevin Bradley (nitoTV)
    • Britta Gustafson

The names vary from those associated with hacking iOS and creating jailbreak tools, those that create the fun little tweaks that we know and love, those that help design the tweaks we use, and those that help represent Cydia and the rest of the jailbreak community. You're probably already familiar with most of these people, but if not, you'll get a chance to meet them at WWJC.

If you've ever used Cydia before, then you already know Saurik. He's also responsible for a number of popular packages in Cydia, including Cydia Substrate, WinterBoard, Cyueue, and more. If you've ever jailbroken your iOS devices before, then you're probably familiar with pod2g, known for his efforts in the evasi0n and evasi0n7 jailbreaks; ih8sn0w is known for his sn0wbreeze jailbreak tool, and his recent efforts in the p0sixspwn jailbreak for iOS 6. If you're familiar with jailbreaking your Apple TV, then you've surely heard of the renowned nitoTV, and Britta Gustafson is the community manager for Cydia.

For those that use the jailbreaks to customize their devices, then you're probably familiar with Ryan Petrich, who made popular applications like Display Recorder, Activator, Haptic Pro, SSLPatch, and others. In addition, you probably already know Filippo Bigarella, thanks to his highly-popular Springtomize tweak, which recently got re-written for iOS 7. Those that like theming their devices are probably very familiar with Surenix, who created benchmark themes like ayecon and ayeris, but he's also well-known across the jailbreak community for helping developers with icons for tweaks. As well as the people that actually code the jailbreak tweaks you love, there are also the people that come up with the concepts for the tweaks in the first place – Joshua M. Tucker is the mind behind the popular CallBar, Abstergo, and others.

If you're going, you can rest assured knowing that there's a lot to learn from these figures. They've all worked very hard to achieve their statuses in the jailbreak community, and they all serve as inspiration to new and undiscovered developers, themers, and hackers alike.

Will you be going to WWJC 2014?

Sources: WWJC

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (2014-04-03)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I might add that it is being held at South San Francisco Conference Center 255 S Airport Blvd, S San Francisco, CA 94080

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (2014-04-03)

I would love to attend and meet these guys but I live in the East of USA.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bisayakid07 For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (2014-04-03), MOJO5873 (2014-04-02), SpiderManAPV (2014-04-02)

Quote Originally Posted by bisayakid07 View Post
    I would love to attend and meet these guys but I live in the East of USA.
    Same here. I have family in Cali. Would be nice to visit and attend

Will they stream it again live.

In my city. Sweet! My son and I may go.

Thanks

I want to go to this but first, I can't easily afford the trip there. Also, I am not very smart or popular and so I feel as though I wouldn't fit in. Also mind my age, I'm only 15. I know a lot more than most people, but I know hardly anything when it comes to actual coding or even doing anything really. I want to learn, but there's not really anyone I can learn from. Anybody that knows, is basically too busy or just doesn't care to waste their time teaching some random 15 year old kid. Basically everything I know, I have learned on my own, but there comes a point when you can't do this anymore, where you need someone to learn from, because after all there is only so much on the internet. So if anyone actually took the time to read this, thank you, but I want people to know that I am a serious developer, its just that I don't know much. But I am learning, and I want to learn, but when it comes to coding or anything, I kind of have run into a wall here because I don't have many resourses because I'm at that point where all the basic stuff and sorta advanced stuff I know, but then theres the hard core coding and developing but there's not really anything in between that I can use to learn. And so that's where I'm stuck here. I know html coding, the basics, I mean, enough to build a website for myself, (as I have), but besides that I really can't do anything else there. So if anyone has any advice or anything for me, please tell me. Also, do you think I should try to get to this? Or would it not be useful to me? I really don't even know...

one of my main fears of this is that I, just a 15 year old kid, won't fit in there

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iH85CH001 For This Useful Post:

Owboinator1 (2014-04-05)

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Will they stream it again live.
    Yeah! Will they? I'd hate to miss this!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Selfmadexpert For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (2014-04-03)

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    I want to go to this but first, I can't easily afford the trip there. Also, I am not very smart or popular and so I feel as though I wouldn't fit in. Also mind my age, I'm only 15...
    There's also books available on nearly any topic, iH85CH001. However, if you can manage to get yourself a ticket and afford the travel expense, I suggest it.

There's nothing like surrounding yourself with like minded people. And it always helps to immerse yourself in what it is you want to achieve. Observing such an event and absorbing all you can would bring you insight in many ways.

If you can't make it this year, research, study, and code until next year.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to severe For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (2014-04-03)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by severe View Post
    There's also books available on nearly any topic, iH85CH001. However, if you can manage to get yourself a ticket and afford the travel expense, I suggest it.

There's nothing like surrounding yourself with like minded people. And it always helps to immerse yourself in what it is you want to achieve. Observing such an event and absorbing all you can would bring you insight in many ways.

If you can't make it this year, research, study, and code until next year.
    What books exactly would you recommend? As in specific titles or anything because I haven't seen much so yea.

Also, will you be at the conference?

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    I want to go to this but first, I can't easily afford the trip there. Also, I am not very smart or popular and so I feel as though I wouldn't fit in. Also mind my age, I'm only 15. I know a lot more than most people, but I know hardly anything when it comes to actual coding or even doing anything really. I want to learn, but there's not really anyone I can learn from. Anybody that knows, is basically too busy or just doesn't care to waste their time teaching some random 15 year old kid. Basically everything I know, I have learned on my own, but there comes a point when you can't do this anymore, where you need someone to learn from, because after all there is only so much on the internet. So if anyone actually took the time to read this, thank you, but I want people to know that I am a serious developer, its just that I don't know much. But I am learning, and I want to learn, but when it comes to coding or anything, I kind of have run into a wall here because I don't have many resourses because I'm at that point where all the basic stuff and sorta advanced stuff I know, but then theres the hard core coding and developing but there's not really anything in between that I can use to learn. And so that's where I'm stuck here. I know html coding, the basics, I mean, enough to build a website for myself, (as I have), but besides that I really can't do anything else there. So if anyone has any advice or anything for me, please tell me. Also, do you think I should try to get to this? Or would it not be useful to me? I really don't even know...

one of my main fears of this is that I, just a 15 year old kid, won't fit in there
    I am in the same boat as you buddy except I am across the pond and 3 years younger!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Owboinator1 For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (2014-04-05)