Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumors of an iPhone 6 with 2 Screen Sizes and a September Launch Persist

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Rumors of an iPhone 6 with 2 Screen Sizes and a September Launch Persist

Land of the Rising Sun has recently reported that Apple is readying two different types of the dubbed iPhone 6 with a 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch display for a September launch. According to Japanese financial newspaper, Nikkei, sensors and display parts have already begun being manufactured by Apple component suppliers in China. This report lines up with previous reports that say there are two different sized strategies for the upcoming iPhone.

Although there has been many rumors that Apple will be releasing a new iPhone over 5 inches, well-connected analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities says otherwise. Kuo has been very accurate regarding past Apple moves and argues that the company will not be releasing a phone exceeding the 5-inch threshold because of Apple’s dedication to the idea of one-handed use devices.

It has also been reported that LG, Sharp, and Japan Display will all be expected to help produce the upcoming iPhone 6’s Retina Display. The dubbed iPhone 6 is believed to have a significantly higher resolution than the current 326-pixel-per-inch phone according to Nikkei.

Other rumors for the iPhone 6 include a new sapphire-coated display, a significantly reduced bezel iPad mini industrial design, and a 10 megapixel f/1.8 shooter with interchangeable lenses for the device’s camera.

Source: Nikkei
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2014-03-28 at 07:03 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Akshay Masand For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (2014-03-28), DA_GHOST (2014-03-28), LudaChris (2014-03-28)

Not everyone has tiny hands. I would buy the 5.5 inch screen but not holding my breath.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just Dummy For This Useful Post:

BhadKarma (2014-03-30), hogcia (2014-03-31), LudaChris (2014-03-28)

Not everyone has pockets to accommodate a small television

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dsjarvis For This Useful Post:

brando087 (2014-03-28), DA_GHOST (2014-03-28), jery911 (2014-03-28), MOJO5873 (2014-03-28), Nightwarrior305 (2014-03-28), signori (2014-03-28), Silverado1987 (2014-03-28), slim.jim (2014-03-28)

Both are too big for my taste.. Thank god i got my 5s cuz its screen is perfect

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DA_GHOST For This Useful Post:

MOJO5873 (2014-03-28)

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Interchangeable camera lenses? I really doubt that.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

The next new thing iphone 6 will be coming up with 10 mega pixel camera with a f/1.8 aperture and also it would have optical image stabilisation.

I wouldn't be to happy with a new iPhone screen bigger then the 5,5C,5S
    also this would really suck cause if they do make two different screen sized iPhones who's to say there both going to have the same features? If anything the bigger screened iPhone will have a bit more better features then the smaller one since it's bigger and they have more space to built/add some new feature and for all of us who would like to have those features but don't want the hassle of a bigger wider phone are a** out.

Sweet lets make this 5.5 inch screen a reality Apple I am sitting on 2 upgrades and my I phone 5 could both use a new home

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsjarvis View Post
    Not everyone has pockets to accommodate a small television
    +1 Finally, someone with some common sense....

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thevmax For This Useful Post:

DA_GHOST (2014-03-28), MOJO5873 (2014-03-28), scroogelives (2014-03-29), Silverado1987 (2014-03-28)

Quote Originally Posted by DA_GHOST View Post
    Both are too big for my taste.. Thank god i got my 5s cuz its screen is perfect
    That's what she said....

Quote Originally Posted by kosher1 View Post
    That's what she said....
    Lol

Can't wait!!!!!

My wife has a 4.7 inch a screen. She weighs 120 pounds and her height is 5:3. She has no problems holding nor putting it in her back pocket. Come on people over exaggerate much ?
    Last edited by buttamix; 2014-03-28 at 03:21 PM.

Interesting. Can't wait till launch.

Thanks

Many say that they won't make the bigger screen cause developers will have issues with app resolution. Well, that was squashed when we went from the 4S to the 5. Now that we are at 4" I feel that 4.5 - 4.7" would be natural progression. I am not confident there will be a 5". Just as Apple is not making a larger iPad at this time. When they do the cost will go up as well.

With all that being said, I love the size of the 5S. I feel it is in perfect balance for one handed use. Anything larger is going to cause issues as related above. If I decide to upgrade, at least i'll have my work provided 5C to fall back on haha.

I'm ready to upgrade!

My iPhone is a Part of Me RandyTG's Avatar
    Thanks

Since Apple won't complete their Sapphire factory until June, the iPhone 6 will most likely not have a Sapphire display.

I don't see why people have issue with a bigger screen... I can understand the stance on not enough pocket space. But one handed use should not be an issue if the device is calibrated properly. I for one would introduce sensors in the bezel so the phone knows what hand your using at the moment and it would adjust the elements on the screen accordingly. Such as the keyboard would be shifted to one side or the other to allow one handed use(an example is how the ipad allows use of a split keyboard for typing). Developers would also have to follow suit in their apps and make their navigation and buttons and such dynamic for this as well. I don't think it would really be an issue if people would think outside the box.
    I for one would love a larger screen.
    While I'm on the subject of improving hardware I would make the home button flush with the face of the device and the areas above and below the screen(where the home button and front facing camera are) touch sensitive so developers could allow the user to utilize these dead areas for virtual d-pads or touch areas for an A and B button so to speak. Because I for one hate the virtual d-pads utilizing the screen space in games on our little screens. /EndRant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    Can't wait!!!!!

My wife has a 4.7 inch a screen. She weighs 120 pounds and her height is 5:3. She has no problems holding nor putting it in her back pocket. Come on people over exaggerate much ?
    I am 6'6" and 220lb, I would never put my phone in my back pocket because I would break it when I sat down. 4.7" screen is fine but I think a 5.5" is too big, might as well carry around an iPad mini.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

MOJO5873 (2014-03-28)

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    Not everyone has tiny hands. I would buy the 5.5 inch screen but not holding my breath.
    Exactly....
    I could use an iPad Mini size- but I'm know I'm in the minority on that big!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast