Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'CoverArtExplorer' is the Mobile Solution to Music With No/Incorrect Album Artwork

Default 'CoverArtExplorer' is the Mobile Solution to Music With No/Incorrect Album Artwork

If you've ever had the problem with music that you sync from iTunes having no or incorrect album artwork, or you just have the urge to change it to something else, then check out a new application in Cydia called CoverArtExplorer by iOS developer Erik Eisenberg.

Once installed, this will add a new application to your Home Screen titled "Art Explorer." When you open it, you get the interface above.

It will show you all of the music in your Music library on your iOS device, both local and stored on iCloud. You can use the tabs at the bottom of the application to browse through your music by album, artist, or song. Tapping on one of the songs/albums/artists in the interface will bring up an action sheet that allows you to either delete the album artwork from the song/album/artist, or pick a custom album artwork for the song/album/artist from your Photo library, or from Google Images.

When you're about to make changes, you will get a warning alert that makes sure you're aware that you're going to be changing the album art for your song/album/artist and it will replace the image.

The refresh button at the top left of the application will let you refresh your list of songs/albums/artists, and the share button at the top right of the application will let you choose between selecting all, selecting multiple, or selecting nothing:

CoverArtExplorer looks to be a really handy way to change your album artwork on the go without having to be tethered to a computer. Your custom album artwork will show when you're playing music, both in the application and on the Lock Screen, and it will appear in the Music application in the various views too.

If you would like to give CoverArtExplorer a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for $1.99. The application works with iOS 5, iOS 6, and iOS 7.

Name: CoverArtExplorer
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.1
    Requirements: iOS 5.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Erik Eisenberg
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Does it save it and sync back to the computer I wonder? But great app!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to docmagoo2 For This Useful Post:

xWalmartCandyx (2014-03-29)

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Does it save it and sync back to the computer I wonder? But great app!
    Yes, thats exactly the only question that matters and that isn't answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Yes, thats exactly the only question that matters and that isn't answered.
    do we need this if we are buying music off itunes??

Quote Originally Posted by marco136669 View Post
    do we need this if we are buying music off itunes??
    Nope, iTunes automatically adds artwork to the songs you buy

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I use iTunes match and album artwork has been a huge problem for me. I think these problems have something to do with certain symbols and punctuation in the metadata for songs, which is pulled from the Gracenote database for every CD I rip. I've spent ours finding ways to resolve artwork issues, but random things keep happening and causing me to lose it again. It may have something to do with the fact that I'm using the Windows version of iTunes for my library.

I'm pretty sure this tweak only manages the local album artwork cache on the device, which is better than nothing. I still wish I didn't have these problems with iTunes in the first place.