Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Users Report Freezing and Lagging with Apple's Recently Released iOS 7.1

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Users Report Freezing and Lagging with Apple's Recently Released iOS 7.1

Although this month’s release of iOS 7.1 fixed a number of bugs and crashes that had affected Apple’s mobile platform for months and has reduced the overall number of system crashes, the update has also introduced a number of new and different glitches being seen by certain iPhone users.

Various threads on Apple’s support forums have pointed toward issues that appear to be instances where apps or the iPhone touchscreen itself becomes non-responsive. Some users are saying they seem to be experience freezes more regularly when notifications appear at the top of the screen more regularly. Others still say that freezes and system lockups with iOS 7.1 have caused their iPhone lock screen to be non-responsive. Some have said they were forced to restart their iPhone in order to prompt the system to return to normal. In addition, there are reports of users seeing the virtual onscreen keyboard in iOS 7.1 freeze and stop accepting inputs.

There appear to be several growing threads on Apple’s site where users are experiencing issues with the Touch ID fingerprint scanner on their iPhone 5S after updating to iOS 7.1. These people say that after installing the update, nothing happens when their finger is placed on the home button sensor. Some iPhone owners said they have fixed the problem by rescanning their fingerprints into the system, but still others were unable to resolve the issue by tweaking Touch ID settings.

Although bugs remain, there is evidence that the iOS 7.1 update served to significantly reduce crashing on Apple’s mobile operating system. New stats published this week by Crittercism show that while iOS 7 had an app crash rate above 2%, that average has fallen to 1.6% under iOS 7.1. Adoption of iOS 7.1 reached 17.9% in just 72 hours after the update launched. The software release fixes previous, well publicized bugs related to Touch ID and crashes when using Safari or the multitasking interface.

Aside from bug fixes, iOS 7.1 also includes a number of user interface tweaks which further refine the major changes to the platform brought about with iOS 7 last September. For legacy device owners, iOS 7.1 also includes performance enhancements for their Phone 4, while the iBeacon wireless connectivity has also seen improvements.

Have you experienced these issues in iOS 7.1?

Source: Apple Support (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 2,161 Posts

That is unbelievable! 7.1 was in beta for almost the same period as the 7.0 beta! What is going on there...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Wow... what were all those beta versions for??! And there is no way to downgrade either... I think Apple should stop fighting the JB community and allow users to downgrade.
    Clearly Apple's head is so up their own a**es!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

With Jobs gone, Apple is getting sloppier...

It has worked perfectly for me. I even started using the additive touch software button for convenience at it works perfectly (not that it wasn't working before, it's just that it is another feature that might be non responsive with this kind of issues).

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm not having any issues with mine.

😄😄when steve died the apple started to rott
    Its now crapple!
    Im still on ios 6.1.2 and so glad i never updated

iPhone? More like MyPhone Brandon.amos's Avatar
    Thanks

I've not had any issues either with my iPhone 5S. It's a more stable operating system, and I haven't had anything crash since the update, nor any freezes.
    "All Men Die, But Not All Men Truly Live."

Because they copy too many things from android so it start look like android now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm still on 7.0.4 on my 5S and the day that 7.1 was released I started getting "freezes" and felt like my phone was starting to lag a little. I thought it just coincidence but with all these talks about 7.1 freezing and lagging, perhaps something has changed on Apple's side of things that are causing all iPhones to freeze or lag. I found that in airplane mode, the phone doesn't have any problems and seems snappier... wonder whats going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by hypnopotamus View Post
    With Jobs gone, Apple is getting sloppier...
    yup since his passing apple has definitely fell off with ios. notice how many issues there's been since cook took over

My iOS 7.1 is nearly flawless in most respects by no means does this mean all will have this, but mine is like it should have been to start with 7.0 in my opinion.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gold5s View Post
    yup since his passing apple has definitely fell off with ios. notice how many issues there's been since cook took over
    yes, I'm sure that's what it is. It probably has nothing to do with the fact that new phones these days are some of the most complex computing devices ever seen. It must be Cook's fault.
    "Where are we going and why am I in this handbag?"

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perlova For This Useful Post:

scroogelives (2014-03-19), WHUDS (2014-03-20)

I'm experiencing password unlocking lags on 7.1 iPhone 5

how is it possible that none of the jailbreak hackers can't manage a way to downgrade the firmware with Tinyumbrella and similar tools with the 4s and up?

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    how is it possible that none of the jailbreak hackers can't manage a way to downgrade the firmware with Tinyumbrella and similar tools with the 4s and up?
    It's just how apple has the software signed and they have no way around it. Sucks.

Still curious on why the unlock sound was removed on iOS 7. But that's what the jail break community is for.
    Last edited by mlee19841; 2014-03-19 at 08:27 PM.

The unlocking sound doesn't go well with the animation i suppose

And I'm happily Jailbroken on 7.0.6 with no problems for both of my phones 😊

20. The Following User Says Thank You to fanboyfanboy For This Useful Post:

WHUDS (2014-03-20)

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Same here until I get a bad update of a jailbreak tweak!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast