Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Steps Up the Competition by Bringing Google Play Games Cross Multiplayer to iOS

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Google Steps Up the Competition by Bringing Google Play Games Cross Multiplayer to iOS

Google Play Games’ multiplayer support has gone multi-platform, which includes a new software development kit that lets gamers compete with each other while playing titles on Apple’s iOS, the Web, and Android. The announcement made by Google regarding iOS support for the Play Games SDK, was part of the 2014 Game Developers Conference. The new services help expand multiplayer support to iOS devices, allowing for both turn-based and real-time multiplayer titles to function correctly on the iOS and Android platforms.

Synced achievements, cloud saves, and leaderboards are features offered by Play Games in addition to cooperative and competitive multiplayer. The features allow gamers to see their performances in comparison to their friends and others around the world. Another announcement as part of the Play Games SDK is the introduction of game gifts, a feature that allows gamers to send in-game gifts to other users.

Google Play Game services was first introduced to the Web, iOS, and Android last year as part of the response to Apple’s Game Center for the OS X and iOS. Cross-device syncing of game saves was a feature that was part of Google’s family of services, but the newly released features is the first time the company looked to expand to cross-platform multiplayer.

The announcement made my Google came around the same time Microsoft is supposedly working to bring the Xbox Live service to Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android. Amazon also has their own gaming social network called GameCircle which was released on the Kindle Fire in 2012.

Source: TechCrunch

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Akshay Masand For This Useful Post:

DA_GHOST (2014-03-18)

I've been playing "jungle heat" for months now, and I play with both iOS and android players.

This is where Google is better than Apple. How many Android to IOS apps are there. Now how many IOS to Android apps are there? Apple dont make any apps for Android but Google still make apps for IOS.
    Google are multiplatform where Apple are Apple only and screw the rest.
    THATS 1 reason why I went Android. Its just more friendlier in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by c1972798 View Post
    This is where Google is better than Apple. How many Android to IOS apps are there. Now how many IOS to Android apps are there? Apple dont make any apps for Android but Google still make apps for IOS.
    Your here why?

Quote Originally Posted by c1972798 View Post
    and yet our still on an iOS forum... just let go man... let go..

I'm still here till this iPad breaks or no jailbreak comes out and its stuck on a unjailbreakable IOS.
    While its jailbroken its ok, about as equal to a unrooted stock Android tablet.

Even then, as its my job I will have to keep coming back here to get the latest info. When you repair iPhones for a living you get to know lots about them and I think they suck.

Thanks

I don't know a single iOS user that complains they cannot play or use an android app.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-03-19)