Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is iOS 7.1 a Worthy Upgrade for Non-jailbroken iPhone 4 Users?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Apple's change log for iOS 7.1 says the iPhone 4 got major performance improvements.
    My 4s is noticeably faster on 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by sepelcure View Post
    My 4s is noticeably faster on 7.1
    All the devices probably got some kind of small performance boost. It was a major update.

But the iPhone 4 just felt "unusable." Now it feels usable. That's a pretty big deal.

Thanks

The "quickness" is fake. Apple just lowered the time of the transitions.

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    The "quickness" is fake. Apple just lowered the time of the transitions.
    It's definitely not fake.

I can actually type without lagging. I used to type on my keyboard, and I could type 8 keys before any of what I typed actually showed up in the text field. It doesn't do that anymore.

It's a performance gain, not an animation mod.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (2014-03-12)

I have an iPhone 5S, and the speed increase is quite significant!!! Everything runs smoother and much much faster than with 7.0.X. For me, well worth the upgrade.

Wasn't it the A4 chip was found to be dialed down a bit of its maximum potential? Maybe they took out the restriction and improved some processes.

EDIT: After quick search it was the 3GS that was "underclocked".
    Last edited by jwil736; 2014-03-12 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    Wasn't it the A4 chip was found to be dialed down a bit of its maximum potential? Maybe they took out the restriction and improved some processes.
    Possibly, but a lot of its slowness comes from the fact that it's a single-core processor and the iPhone 4s and later have dual-core processors.

Thanks

I have tested it myself and so far so good.

Hi, Can anyone help.. I just bought an ipad air with 7.04 on it. Now that 7.1 is out, can I still upgrade to a custom firmware version of 7.06? or are my only choices 1) a jailbreak on 7.04 or 2) stock 7.1? Im confused and would appreciate this clarified.. thanks..
    Last edited by johnny_dman; 2014-03-12 at 04:01 PM.

You can't update to 7.06, your options are as you described.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

johnny_dman (2014-03-12)

thanks
    so, would you suggest that I... 1) sell this ipad and find one with 7.06? or 2) just keep it and install the patch for the SSL security vulnerability on 7.04?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PCYoda View Post
    Considering that most new Android phones are sold with versions of Android that are 1-3 major versions old, and many of these new models aren't able to currently (and probably never will) be upgradable to the current Android 4.4.x, I think it's admirable that Apple thinks of the 4 generation old iPhone 4 when optimizing fixes in a release like 7.1. They could just say "screw you, go buy a 5C/5S" but they don't. It really makes me wonder how anyone can be an Android fan, considering most users don't even have access to the latest & greatest without constantly buying new phones (and having to be very careful to select a new phone that actually supports and is preloaded with that latest and greatest).
    iOS has only gotten minor updates over the past few years, and older iPhones still miss out on more and more features every update.

iOS still doesn't give you access to the file system, still doesn't allow you to set default apps, still doesn't allow you to side load applications, still can't download torrents, or allow you to theme, swap out built-in software like the keyboard, or allow you to install apps from the "App Store" through another device's browser (for example, if I'm reading an app review on my computer and open the Play Store link for that app, I can choose to install it on my phone without even touching my phone, vs. having to send a link to that app on an iPhone, or searching for it and then installing it).

You may not care about all that, or even any of that, but it's pretty easy to see why some people like Android. All that stuff can be done on Android, and none of it requires the latest version of Android.

Soon 7.1.2 will be released. This update contains bug fixes and security updates

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Soon 7.1.2 will be released. This update contains bug fixes and security updates
    I hope apple does not update my iPhone 4 to 7.1.3 so that would make my iPhone Jailbreakable forever?!!please Apple no more updates after iOS 7.1.2-what do you think will ther be an 7.1.3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12