Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Statista: Apple's iTunes Radio Climbs to Third Place in the Audio Streaming Space

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Statista: Apple's iTunes Radio Climbs to Third Place in the Audio Streaming Space

According to newly released data by Statista, Apple’s iTunes Radio appears to have carved out 8% of the US streaming music market, placing it ahead of Spotify, which is sitting at 6% share, and just behind second-place iHeartRadio, which came in at 9% of the market. Pandora remains far and away the market leader with a 31% share. Google Play All Access took fifth place with 3%, followed by Rhapsody, Slacker and TuneIn Radio, all of which held an equal 2% share. The figures from Statista are based on a 2014 survey of 2,023 Americans aged 12 and older.

For those of you that didn’t already know, Apple’s iTunes Radio launched alongside iOS 7 last September and quickly reached more than 20 million users by October, having streamed more than a billion songs. The service is available on the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV, Mac and PC through iTunes. Although it was initially limited to users in the US, Apple slowly began to expand iTunes Radio internationally. The Internet-based streaming radio service is free with ad support while those who subscriber to iTunes Match can listen ad-free with an annual fee.

Are you one of the many that use iTunes Radio?

Source: Statista via Electronista

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I mainly use it cause it has an option to only played censored songs so it's good for family gatherings and such as well as the option to either play popular songs or newer songs but overall pandora is just better with its music selection.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm surprised that Spotify is so far down on the list. I haven't used Pandora since I discovered Spotify. The fact that I can like individual songs to create playlists for later from the Spotify radio, the fact I can play individual songs at will, the fact that the ads seem far, far less frequent... why would I bother with Pandora anymore?

Having iTunes Radio subscription paired with their iTunes Match service makes this a no-brainer for me. I like being able to chose between hits and more unknown artists and even my friends without iTunes Match comment on how few advertisements it has compared to Pandora. I haven't ever used Spotify or Google Play so I can't give a fair comparison for those.