Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "iPhone Air" Concept Provides a Glimpse of What Apple's Next-Gen iPhone May Look Like

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default "iPhone Air" Concept Provides a Glimpse of What Apple's Next-Gen iPhone May Look Like

Many people are anticipating Apple to launch the iPhone 6 with a bigger screen this year to help compete with Android based smartphones that typically come with bigger screens. Designer Sam Beckett has come up with an iPhone 6 concept which he dubbed the “iPhone Air,” to give us a glimpse of what the next-generation iPhone may end up looking like.

Beckett’s iPhone Air concept features a bigger 4.7-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and a pixel density of 468 ppi, which would make the display 17% larger than the iPhone 5S and contain 68% more pixels. As expected, the iPhone Air concept is just 7mm thick, which would make it 9% thinner than the iPhone 5S. It also comes with a narrower bezel so it is only 8% larger than the iPhone 5S despite having a much larger display.

Aligned with other rumors, the concept iPhone comes with a sapphire display instead of gorilla. It also features a 10-megapixel camera with a larger aperture of f1/8 and a faster A8 chip. Beckett also included the Healthbook app on the home screen, which many rumors have been pointing to for a release with iOS 8.

Those of you interested in watching the video can do so below:

When it comes to the design, it sports the same design as the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5, except this concept is thinner, larger and comes with a narrower bezel. This is one of the more polished iPhone 6 concepts we’ve seen so far with many resemblances to the iPad Air and iPad mini designed due to its curved edges.

What do you think of the concept?

Source: Sam Beckett (YouTube) via The Verge

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

This one is very nice looking but, does it look like the back is glass? I don't see that happening.

I just want a bigger screen. It's taken apple way to long to finally be moving in that direction. A 4.7 and 5.5 would be great. I think they have to make a bigger screen at this point.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RussSully For This Useful Post:

hogcia (2014-03-10)

Wont be like this, they wont be making the camera so much better AND making it so much thinner if you ask me.

Thanks

Looks like my 5S with a glass back. I'm thinking Apple will redesign the iPhone chassis as they did from 3 to 4 from 4 to 5 and so on...

I think I'd pass on this. I already have a hard enough time using my iPhone with one hand with a firm grip, and I wear extra large gloves, so I don't have small hands. I like to keep my phone held firmly in my palm with my fingers around it. If I can't do that and reach the top far corner with my thumb, then it's too big.

Quote Originally Posted by RussSully View Post
    I just want a bigger screen. It's taken apple way to long to finally be moving in that direction. A 4.7 and 5.5 would be great. I think they have to make a bigger screen at this point.
    Why is a bigger screen so darn important?

Main function is phone
    not games
    not surfing

But phone!

These bigger footprint phones are tablets really, I do not want an Iphone any bigger than the 5's are now

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    I think I'd pass on this. I already have a hard enough time using my iPhone with one hand with a firm grip, and I wear extra large gloves, so I don't have small hands. I like to keep my phone held firmly in my palm with my fingers around it. If I can't do that and reach the top far corner with my thumb, then it's too big.
    The rumors of a flexible, 3-sided, display probably indicate that the front surface will not be 16:9 despite the 16:9 display area. This is probably so that you can reach across easily and still watch 1080p. Most 1080p content still has letter boxing (wider CinemaScope aspect) so there wouldn't even be any distortion. The sides will not be part of your iOS SpringBoard "desktop" area and will be for notifications and controls (volume, track, etc) so it will not distort apps either.
    Last edited by CZroe; 2014-03-10 at 07:58 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post

Main function is phone
    not games
    not surfing

But phone!

These bigger footprint phones are tablets really, I do not want an Iphone any bigger than the 5's are now
    why can't we just understand some people really WANT a bigger screen and others simply don't care? there's no point going in circles over this every time the topic comes up.

some can choose to live in the past by using an older phone and firmware, but when apps and software become more up-to-date and no longer supported by older devices/firmwares, you're sh*t out of luck, son.

i think this concept sucks...looks the same as the other phones. i just hope apple doesn't increase the size of their icons to take up the extra space from a bigger screen.
    Last edited by evolution83; 2014-03-10 at 09:29 PM.

Sam Beckett? Wow! a Quantum Leap phone. Hope I can talk to Ziggy and leap the hell outta here!

Nice job looks very good can not waite till Apple releases the real thing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Main function is phone
    not games
    not surfing

But phone!

Main function is NOT phone. If you just wanted a good phone you'd get a feature phone with a two-week long battery life. The phone feature is just another important feature, like SMS, internet, apps, and maps. I've got an old RAZR flip phone with excellent battery life if you're interested in trading it for your iPhone, seeing as how you don't use any of those features. You picked the wrong forum to troll on, guy!
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can't believe all these people take all the time to draw up concept, publish it, and act like this design will be used for
    the Iphone 6.
    I could do this, but since since Apple hasn't yet called for my input, I haven't taken the time to draw it up and ask
    someone to publish it. I have better things to do, obviously many others don't.

I think I will wait to see when its time to order what my choices are - yes I want a reasonably bigger phone, not a
    huge one, but again, haven't gotten that call for my opinion yet either.

Main function is phone
    not games
    not surfing

But phone!

Saying the phone is the main function of these smartphone is just not the case. Not anymore. These devices are much more then just phones. The phone end is just a small fraction of these devices 5 inch screen would be perfect I'm my opinion.

how come you guys keep saying what it may look like? does the designer have any ties to apple?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    Main function is NOT phone. If you just wanted a good phone you'd get a feature phone with a two-week long battery life. The phone feature is just another important feature, like SMS, internet, apps, and maps. I've got an old RAZR flip phone with excellent battery life if you're interested in trading it for your iPhone, seeing as how you don't use any of those features. You picked the wrong forum to troll on, guy!

Why is he a troll? He´s right. The main fuction of the IPHONE is a PHONE. I personally don´t care for screen size, as long as it isn´t a phablet. There´s a difference between an iPhone and an iPad you know...

I honestly think the 4 inch screen on the 5/5s/5c is perfect size. I like big screens and all, but the whole phone becomes a nuisance when placing in your pocket or trying to use with one hand. I think a 4.5 inch screen would be perfectly suited for an iPhone, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RussSully View Post
    Saying the phone is the main function of these smartphone is just not the case. Not anymore. These devices are much more then just phones. The phone end is just a small fraction of these devices 5 inch screen would be perfect I'm my opinion.
    +1 those days are far gone when phones were just phones.

yawn. Another rumor of hwo the iphone 6 will look.
    Last edited by kalpesh78; 2014-03-11 at 07:51 AM.